Unpopular opinion time

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I wish the Mane Six were more competent at teaching the Student Six. Considering they are still teens, it would seem reasonable that the more experienced Mane Six would share their life experiences.
But it seems like oftentimes especially with Rainbow and oddly Applejack, they are made to look like bumbling idiots instead of role models for these impressionable younglings.
Honestly I wish there were more episodes of the Mane Six instilling good values on them.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
What I’m really saying is I wish there were more episodes of the Mane Six teaching the Student Six good life lessons.
It seems like the students often are more in the right then their own teachers.
While I think it’s absolutely fine and perhaps even necessary to have episodes where the students prove the teachers right, I think it should be balanced the other way too.
I kind of wish the Student Six showed more flaws like maybe Smolder was being too aggressive and a bad influence and that Mane Six would have to straighten her out.
After all teens can still be chaotic and adults can help them through those times.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Been a while since I had to point it out, but the students became great friends on the first day.
How much did they really have to learn from a start so strong?
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
Sure we all forget things sometimes, but when you’re consistently forgetting lessons you learned over and over again seasons ago it comes off as lazy writing. This happens a significant amount when the mane 6 are involved with the the student six, they make the mane 6 seem incompetent.
Episodes like Rainbowdash and Applejack teaching them about working together comes off as an episode that would be in earlier seasons, cause they already mastered friendship - they’re teaching it to their students.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@PixelatedPony
Here’s the thing, there weren’t actually a lot of episodes about the Mane 6 getting involved with the Student 6 at all, the only noteworthy ones were their introduction, 2 4 6 Greaaat and of course Non-Compete Clause while the rest was more the Student 6 interacting with each other or notably Cozy Glow. That’s why other than the Rainbow Dash and Applejack episode, I don’t get that whole argument in the slightest as if that one episode represents the two group’s relationship as a whole.
Amphibian Swamp

I still think G5 is alright. It’s not perfect and not as good as G4 but… every show has their flaws.
Warning! Brutally honest opinion
Sure TYT has a weird art style but if you don’t focus on it I still think it’s okay. It’s just some 5 minute shorts so I don’t think the art style is ‘bad’… sure, it does look weird and could be better but I wouldn’t call it awful or disgusting.
Plotwise Has its cute moments and funny moments but… there are some meh episodes but there’s only one episode I’d say I completely hate. Lately the episodes been fun! But they are mostly more one-time watch, I enjoy it the first time but don’t bother returning.
If I do return to a certain episode, I usually only go to relive a particular scene or something and I’ve only been doing that for a few episodes. However, I have rewatched a few but that’s it.
I think the haters should leave the fans alone. They aren’t hurting anyone, it’s not problematic or anything.
I like TYT, I know that it’s really flawed and not everyone’s cup of tea…
MYM kinda glitchy but I’m not complaining. I’m sure it’s gonna improve, it does not look terrible to me. A few things could be tweaked but the series looks fun.
Honestly, yeah, G5’s kinda on a rocky road at the moment but… It’s not even a year old so I’m not gonna compare it with other shows (unless I’m joking/messing around)
I’d rather focus on what I like it rather than what I dislike about it. Liking it doesn’t hurt anyone, it’s just what makes me happy! It’s not perfect and that’s okay.
Plus, since with my luck I get fixated on a character from it-
Well, this turned out longer than I expected
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@The Crystal Artist
Those are my thoughts on G5 as well.
Tell Your Tale is fine and the stories are simple, my complaint is that the animation is very choppy and pretty low quality, even by the standards of Youtube animations but it’s harmless, it’s certainly better than Pony Life by a long shot. Make Your Mark’s pilot special didn’t leave a lasting impression on me because of a lot of problems, but I’m not letting that deter me from viewing the series because judging by the trailers, the show does look promising. I would also focus on what I like rather than what I don’t like, doesn’t seem like a productive for me to do.
Background Pony #49D7
Speaking of The Young Six, I felt like “The Ending of The End Part 2” was too much for them. I just didn’t really like how they brought every one of their own kinds to battle, how they were used by Twilight, how they were glowing and giving off a rainbow. I felt like It was too much. I know, The Mane Six has done the same thing a lot of times before, but I see The Young Six differently. I really don’t see them as that much of heroes. “School Raze” though, I can accept, but I didn’t really feel it was neccessary for them to go THAT far in “The Ending of The End Part 2”.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

A couple of months ago I watched in theaters “Everything Everywhere all at once”. Not only it’s my favourite film of the whole year, but also, the more I think of that movie, the more I believe this is what Cutie Remark should have been. I won’t tell why because it would involve some spoilers of the film, but, if you know, you know.
Background Pony #FB25
If I’m being brutally honest, I don’t like the Young Six that much and for me, they didn’t deserve to have so much focus put on them.
Background Pony #FB25
I’ve grown more used to the art. I’ll even think it looks cute in a weird way. As for the stories, I actually used to watch the whole thing from start to finish, but lately, I’ve been skipping scenes to get to the end faster. I’m not sure what changed or if I feel the later episodes are different from the early ones, but eh.
Make Your Mark was…okay I guess? It didn’t really strike me as anything special if I’m being honest but I didn’t think it was “bad bad”.
Background Pony #49D7
@Mr.Myoozik
There weren’t a lot of episodes focusing entirely on The Young Six, either. They only had 3. If they didn’t want them to take up screentime from the Mane Six, they should have gave them a spin off. I know that it’s too late and the opportunity has been closed, but I still think they deserve one.
Background Pony #49D7
@The Crystal Artist
I’m kinda with you. I don’t really care that much about G5. I’m not saying that I dislike it, I just don’t care that much about it. But I’m still kinda looking forward to what’s to come.
Background Pony #49D7
@Mr.Myoozik
I meant episodes that focus on The Young Six, where most of the Mane Six don’t get involved. Like, “The Hearth’s Warming Club”, “What Lies Beneath”, and “Uprooted”.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@PixelatedPony
Which issue now?
@Lord WyrmSpawN
To me that’s already spelling in neon letters, “No racism”. Logically, they should be enemies, realistically however it’s far from that.
@Ring Team
I’m perhaps a very big fan of the Multiverse, the trailer sold me the very first time I looked. Will watch it when I have the time.
@Background Pony #49D7
This franchise has billions of characters already, it’s hard to care for them all.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide