Unpopular opinion time

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
As much I liked A New Generation, in hindsight it seemed a little too big and dramatic for what Tell Your Tale would be.
It’s a stark contrast between light hearted comedic slice of life from a large scale movie adventure with the stakes of a Disney movie.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
I never got the whole “Time Turner looks like David Tennant thing”. I know they leaned into the Dr. Whooves thing later on, and I got no issue with it. I just kept seeing the sentence “the fans noticed the resemblance to David Tennant” and being like “…huh?”
I like Opalline’s design. Not sure if it’s an unpopular opinion, I think quite a few folks like her.
Although it does seem like the team is not sure what they wanna do with the shading on her muzzle.
Posted Report
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Tiger beetle
The mane style and colour as well as the coat colour probably reminded them of the Tenants hair and the doctor’s trench coat. Plus the hourglass cutie mark.
Though recently when I see him I’m reminded of Looker from Pokemon
Posted Report
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

As much I liked A New Generation, in hindsight it seemed a little too big and dramatic for what Tell Your Tale would be.
It’s a stark contrast between light hearted comedic slice of life from a large scale movie adventure with the stakes of a Disney movie.
To be fair, the series is building up to a high-stakes confrontation with Opaline. Though the buildup is going more slowly than I’d like.
Posted Report
Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
“Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep” was a good episode. It could have been much better and I can see why most people hated this episode but it’s still one of my favorite season 5 episodes.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@angryprogrockbrony
Agreed. I guess it’s controversial because Luna created the Tantabus as a way of torturing herself, and most have assumed she has completely grown past the NMM incident by that point. It’s just kind of dark to think through all of the good she has done with the CMC and countless other ponies, she’s been punishing herself every time she went to sleep. But I find that’s more true to life - relapses happen, we may seem fine on the outside, but what happens in our heads is another story. I guess it also peeved people off that it took one Twilight speech for that whole debacle to resolve - but the Tantabus didn’t disappear, it got absorbed back into Luna, so the guilt clearly didn’t go away completely.
Posted Report
Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Tiger beetle
Yeah the problem is Luna suddenly seemed to get over it after one speech. In real life, it would not take that quickly to recover. I agree just because she seems fine on the outside doesn’t mean she actually is, this coming from someone who is never fine. I remember some bronies didn’t like the episode because of how Luna punished herself. She knew the Tantabus could escape and turn Equestria into a living nightmare yet still did it anyway. She wasn’t just hurting herself, but putting everyone in danger. Despite this I still like the episode since it’s relatable (to me at least) and we got to see all those background ponies and other minor characters fighting the tantabus.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@angryprogrockbrony
I feel the Tantabus backing down would’ve gone over better if it were Celestia making the speech, after all Luna almost killed her when she was NMM, it would’ve meant much more coming from her sister AND the person most hurt by her.
If I had to nitpick…Twilight’s speech rings a bit hollow - Nightmare Moon wouldn’t want Tantabus to turn Equestria into a living nightmare. If it weren’t under NMM’s control and fulfilling her directives, she’d see it as competition and try to stop it, too. NMM wanted eternal night and to be an absolute ruler adored by all - not a living nightmare.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Mr.Myoozik
Eh, it more or less had mixed reception, between how fun the dream sequence is, how easy it was to resolve Luna’s turmoil, and how Celestia was barred from the whole episode.
I think what irks me the most in that episode is how Celestia was literally pushed aside like a box. It was at the time when she wasn’t all that well liked and this episode certainly didn’t help her win the fans over.
Posted Report
Latecomer

I’m a fan of it, for the most part - it’s not perfect, but it’s close. A very different sort of dream ep to the CMC ones we’d had so far. (And I personally have a theory that Nightmare Moon herself might once have been something not unlike the Tantabus…)
Posted Report
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

“Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep” is one of the best episodes in season 5. Whenever I think of that episode, I wish season 4 had more stories like that: Big and creative.
But I guess they weren’t enough episodes about Pinkie Pie screaming like there’s no tomorrow back in 2014.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide