Unpopular opinion time

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Season 5 is my favorite season, I love almost all of the episodes it offered, ending with my favorite season finale.
Yeah season 5 is my favorite season too, though the season finale isn’t one of my favorites (Twilight’s Kingdom is much better tbh).
Scare Master might be my favorite “Fluttershy and her fears” episode, as the Nightmare Night setting was perfect for that kind of plot, and the moral of “we do a lot of fun things together, but this is just not gonna be one of them” impressed me.
Yeah I liked this episode mostly because of how Fluttershy was capable of scaring the mane six, though the writers did over-exaggerate her panphobia to the point to where she won’t even eat or wear a costume.
The Hooffields and The McColts is a ton of fun, and an interesting examination of revenge and grudges.
Princess Spike is kinda eh, because what screws over Spike in the end is not the selfish uses of Twilight’s title…it was the ones he perfomed to help her!
These two along with What about Discord and The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows are in my opinion some of the weakest episodes but not terrible. The only season 5 episode I truly disliked was Brotherhooves Social. Seeing Big Mac cross-dress for an entire episode was cringe.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@angryprogrockbrony
I can definitely see the exaggeration, but, eh, I’ve gone on paranoid trains of thoughts that were just as silly.
Brotherhooves Social is one on my personal favorites from that season. I found Big Mac’s crossdressing antics to be amusing, and the ending was truly amongst the most touching and beautiful things in MLP. Peter New and Michelle Creber were really top notch inn that scene.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
S5 was great. Only episodes I think are straight up bad were Princess Spike and What About Discord. There was also the finale I’m not a big fan of but for entirely different reasons. Otherwise it was a fun ride
Posted Report
Latecomer

I found Brotherhooves Social to be a pretty thorough mix of cringy and darn good. How it balances out is more or less a matter of personal interpretation.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
I guess my main difference when it comes to that ep. is that I rarely feel second-hand embarassment for fictional characters. Moreso maybe when I see a real person react to it, but even then, that does not apply for me to Brotherhooves Social. .
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I don’t mind the second hand embarrassment as much as most, though in the case Equestria Games Spike still got to be the hero. Brotherhooves Social is basically salvaged entirely by its ending. One of the few episodes where the second hand embarrassment hurts the episode was Newbie Dash(surprise surprise) though that’s mainly because the episode didn’t want to stop and just kept making it worse, especially for such an important episode
Posted Report
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
Season 5 was easily the best season for Applejack, specifically. So many great moments and her characterization was the most consistent it would more or less ever be in the show.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Guess I’m the one with the unpopular opinion regarding Scare Master. I don’t think it’s a terrible episode, but factors in it prevent me from liking it as much as others do. If I wanted a better episode of Fluttershy overcoming a fear, I’d watch Hurricane Fluttershy.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Latecomer
Spike singing about how a city made of clouds has “really nice trees?” Fucking hilarious.
@Kiryu-Chan
Honestly, I thought Newbie Dash was alright. There were twinges of cringe, perhaps, (it was 6 years ago, can’t ’member my initial reaction). And honestly something about the ending is really…hopeful to me? Like with RD cleaning up her mess after a humiliating public flop and still ecstatic because she achieved her dream. I dunno, I enjoy it.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

I’d be so glad if the events of tyt is non-canon to MYM!
That’d mean that they are two different universes! The TYT characters would be completely different from the MYM characters! That means that a certain episode’s events never happened in MYM! So, according to my rules TYT Jazz and MYM Jazz are two seperate characters and only one of them Is “dead” (TYT Jazz). Gee, it took me a while to accept TYT Jazz is dead but wow! This challenge spices the show up so well, I love it!
Never mind it’s been confirmed it’s the same canon/universe… meaning Jazz is really dead according to my rules
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Latecomer
I love that scene, purely because Cathy Weseluck improvised that scene and told me personally that is her favorite moment of voicing Spike. It’s funnier when I imagine just how much fun she had in the booth.
@The Crystal Artist
Well, I wouldn’t actually confirm it that soon because Winter Wishday just retconned how the Marestream was created, at least the number of ponies that witnessed the creation of it and the location where it’s created were changed.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
The test from Too Many Pinkie Pies is silly, but I think it was perfectly suited for the task. Pinkie went into the pond with the intention of having as much fun as possible, so the clones personalities’ went reeduced to “prioritize fun over everything else”. I think Twilight realized that too, and the one considerate Pinkie was standing out quite a lot, but she couldn’t just murk them on the spot, hence the test. Now, the clones were clearly not incapable of becoming their own ponies, as seen by the one living a hidden life in Saddle Row Review, but I think that one simply got distracted by something fun, wasn’t hearded with the others, then run off. She most likely developed as a person through experience, rather than being more self-aware than others.
Posted Report
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@SleepySteve
I disliked how they made her from a careless daredevil who wasn’t a team player to “willing to put disabled kid in a dangerous situation out of spite”
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide