Unpopular opinion time

Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kirinposting
@Tiger beetle
People on the outside remember bronies as a fad from ten years ago. They think we’re dead because we stopped spamming pony stuff on other websites like we did back then.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
@Twiface
Exactly. I remember someone on a podcast saying how the MLP fandom died, and I remember the distinct feeling of “why, cause you don’t see bronies on every single site you visit?”
That was before the release of the 2017 movie.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Lord WyrmSpawN
That’s what I would call it. Calling it fully dead is inaccurate, and feels more like outside-fandom people just wanna say shit for the sake of saying it, because bronies USED to be big and aren’t as big now.
So when they don’t see them, their minds just follow the most extreme option like “welp, I guess the fandom is 100% gone”, when there is obviously more middle ground and a large online community doesn’t disappear like that.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Why would this fandom be considered dead? I see lots of activity here.
Another thing would be that it doesn’t have as much traction as other fandoms today. Helluva Boss, Steven Universe, Guilty Gear, Smash Bros, etc. And that’s not to mention the constant anthro furry art this site gets.
And it could have been worse. It could have been Battleborn.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Ring Team
Yeah, we mostly scattered to little pockets of the Internet, but that’s away from the eye of the public. Which is why you get the “I’m not noticing anything related to it, therefore it’s gone’ takes.
Plus, Bronycon, the only pony convention most people have heard of has shut down a few years back. The same year that FiM has ended. So, I guess the public just assumes that’s that for this community. Even though we don’t really need conventions or the show to keep going to continue being fans..
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Went to Ciderfest last month and from what it sounds like it was one of it’s most successful years yet. I know for sure its charity was it’s most successful
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Seeing that I went to BABSCon this year and I saw quite the sizeable people who attended panels and had a fun time so saying that it’s “dead” is largely inaccurate more that it’s become largely dormant as other fandoms took its place in the Internet pantheon.
Posted Report
Latecomer

Well, no, because after you introduce you gotta DO something with ‘em as they are precursors to the Mane 6. Writing them out is not the solution, limiting their screentime would’ve made it worse (Doesn’t help this group includes someone foreshadowed since season 2)
A subjective statement. I consider any appearances of them beyond Shadow Play as mainly bonuses.
And I have my own feelings on the finale as a mixed bag, but I doubt we’d agree on all the best changes.
Posted Report
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
I don’t see how we’re stuck in 2019
How about how there’s still people ragging on the final Season (among other things)?
It’s not really that. But okay.
However, unlike most other fandoms I’ve seen. The Brony fandom seems to be slow at picking up, if not oblivious to current internet trends.
The mannerism and the way they still do things in this fandom really reminiscent of 2014.
I barely see any Vtuber related contents in general here for example. A lot of folks here don’t seem to even know what it is. And there’s barely any Genshin Impact memes crossed over with Ponies.
Wiimeiser
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
And there’s barely any Genshin Impact memes crossed over with Ponies.
There’s 239 images of it here, most of which is what you’d expect (crossover cosplay and ponification). Compare that to its sister Honkai Impact, which has three images, all of which are the R/Place canvas.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I don’t see how we’re stuck in 2019
How about how there’s still people ragging on the final Season (among other things)?
I barely see any Vtuber related contents in general here for example. A lot of folks here don’t seem to even know what it is. And there’s barely any Genshin Impact memes crossed over with Ponies.
Maybe people here simply don’t care much for those things?
Posted Report
Background Pony #F622
The fandom may not be dead, but it certainly has gotten more unbearable over the years. Especially when Season 9 arrived
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Latecomer
Probably not. Still think it would’ve been easier with just Starswirl.
And as for ragging on the finale….well, it’s not like the finale has gotten any different with time. Our opinions may shift as years go by, but the source material stays the same. It’s kind of like the Star vs. finale - with time and perspective I went from thinking it was pretty good, to “wow, that was horrible”. With the MLP finale I distinctly remember feeling dissatisfied with the finale 3 years ago, and now I can actually voice what bothered me about it. I don’t hate the finale, I am just disappointed by some of its aspects.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Basing fandom activity on this site is inaccurate, especially after its fair share of dramas. I’ve seen MLP trending on Twitter and a lot of pony videos are popping up on YouTube, from people who aren’t bronies. This fandom is pretty much still alive.
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Vannamelon is kind of a Vtuber, and I’ve seen ponified Gawr Gura here.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide