Unpopular opinion time

Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
What an odd metric to gage a fandom’s status.
Anyway, I think Friends Are Always There For You is an underrated song, definitely one of the better ones in the “isn’t it kewl that we’re friends” song pile. The lyrics get a bit cheesy, but the vocals and instrumental are fantastic, especially the horns and the harmony at the end.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
The song really makes it sound like S5 was gonna be the final season. Of course, we already knew S6 was coming at that point.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
Agree on the conclusive feeling. It’s probably why they also felt compelled to handle Starlight’s apology to the Village right then and there. Also the episodes end with a group shot, which also adds to it.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Megalobronia
Because it’s for little baaaaabies. Unlike G4 which is for big babies.
Also, there was this need for bronies to separate from the ‘girly kids’ stuff’ aspect, in an attempt to, I dunno, sway the public’s perception towards grown men watching the show, I guess? “S-see guys, I’m still conventionatally masculine, I don’t watch the girly, GIRLY little pony stuff!” So punching down we go - going after the stuff made for little girls, and then deifying how amazing FiM is compared to that. Cuz that’s not for little girls, that’s for grown people gatekeeping little girls.
I’ve never seen the G3 stuff (most of my exposure to previous Gens is from reaction vids and Shunks) and from what I understand the writing is a bit more ‘subpar’, but like, you shouldn’t shame anyone who loves it.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Megalobronia
I guess because of how a miracle in quality G4 was, bronies compared it to the previous series and ridiculed it for being what it is, a simple series meant for its target demographic with nothing more and nothing less all while decrying it for being “girly”
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Just Wayne
Exactly. 3 also did as well, because you know Twilight took Twiflight and all. Twilight declaring herself the Princess of Friendship and getting a castle, Starlight joining the supporting cast, are all big enough occasions to make them feel grand.
Posted Report
Background Pony #C87A
Anyone can hate a character as much as they want. But that character will still exist
Posted Report
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Friends Are Always There For You would be a great song in another episode with another context (for example, in a CMC episode), not for someone who ends up being like Kazuya Mishima in a TV show for kids like this.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Tiger beetle
That song in particular can work in an episode with much clearer stakes and especially in a story where one of the main characters try to get along with most ponies. A song like this can fit in something like Crusaders of the Lost Mark or Luna Eclipsed because it fits with the themes of each episode. Trying to achieve that with a pony who started a cult because “her best friend moved away” and then changing her mind at the last second with very little room to let the story breathe is difficult.
Cutie remark is a good episode, but not only the stakes were nebulous, but also all that information is a lot to buy in very few minutes. I think it could have been amazing if the story had more focus and was more unpredictable.
I can’t complain too much either because Everything Everywhere all at Once was what the season 5 finale should have been, with tons of surprises, emotional moments and it takes the concept of alternative universes much further than just “put a villain ruling the world and do that 5 times”. It just happens that I needed to wait 7 years for the film to come out.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide