Unpopular opinion time

ColdhardSilver
Thread Starter - Cartoon/Western Animation General

Culture Vulture
@Jarkes  
“Well, he WAS being corrupted by the Sirens in most of those scenes like the rest of Canterlot High, but they could easily make it so getting super-competitive actually is a normal part of his personality and the Sirens just heightened it.”  
It’s that what happened? Before the sirens really got everybody going, Flash was still had the bravado of being number one plus that one scene where he seem genuinely hurt at the prospect of being beat out by Twilight.

“I also would’ve loved it if Larson had kept the scene in Slice of Life where pony!Flash would’ve been chased by an angry mob and asked Cranky, “Why does everypony seem to hate me? I haven’t even DONE anything!””  
I wouldn’t. That joke sounds too basic and too rooted in the fandom to be funny on it’s own.  
For example; Princess Mac is root in the fandom, but out side of reference that section of the fandom the idea MAc having a magical girl transformation is funny on it’s own.
Kirb
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Stranded (Anthro/NSFW)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’m not a fan of lesbian shipping of MLP characters. Not homophobic of course, just feel like it’s way overdone and overrated. Especially Mauxie. (Have I mentioned before that I hate Mauxie? lol)
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Kirb  
Yes you have.

And I feel some hetero ships could be more creative. Not to the point of cocaine, just do some outside the box thinking.

Like what TwiBlood requires.
ColdhardSilver

Culture Vulture
@Kirb  
I see what you’re saying, but remember that the majority of first and secondary characters are female so it’s kind of an inevitability.  
For example I’m pretty sure this show has a lot more yaoi than straight pairings  
full
Kirb
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

@PonyPon  
Agreed with what you said, but take a look at the number of hetero MLP ships vs. the number of inane lesbian MLP ships. For example, there are 13 pics tagged as macinmaud (Maud and Big Mac, a shipping that actually makes some sense for their personalities), yet there are 220 pics tagged with mauxie.

@ColdhardSilver  
I know, I know, I just find it a little boring, that’s all. Also, fans of said shippings tend to get a little defensive–for example, when I portray Lyra and Bon Bon as two roommates who both have boyfriends, people always are like, “DURR YOU’RE A HOMOPHOBIC GAY HATER!!” even though they themselves are only shipping them because they figure they’d be sexy together.
ColdhardSilver

Culture Vulture
@Kirb  
“even though they themselves are only shipping them because they figure they’d be sexy together”  
Careful there Kirb. Making such accusations while also showing disdain for having a “DURR YOU’RE A HOMOPHOBIC GAY HATER” claim thrown at you is kinda bad juju.  
But yes, I understand where you are coming from.

For me, I don’t have much of an attachment toward something being a straight, gay, international, interspecies pairing since the big thing I care about is how well the characters are mixed and how the relationship pans out; everything else is either extra or unimportant to me.
Background Pony #AEC9
I not really a fan of any non-canon shipping whatsoever to be perfectly honest.  
I just don’t see characters getting together romantically like that from this show.  
I know people just do it for funsies, but I just wouldn’t get any fun out of the “what-if”.
Background Pony #F89E
@ColdhardSilver  
Kirb here. That wasn’t an accusation, that was literally what someone said: that they ship two characters who make no sense together because they look sexy together. Yeah.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@ColdhardSilver

Yeah, I already brought that up in relation to Shining Armor and Cadance and how often times people will turn Shining into a cheating, abusive jerk so that they can pair Cadance up with another character.
SquiggyBomb
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Gayest hand in the west
Yeah, I already brought that up in relation to Shining Armor and Cadance and how often times people will turn Shining into a cheating, abusive jerk so that they can pair Cadance up with another character.

Usually an OC of theirs.
Kirb
Artist -

I also hate it when people take fanon (e.g. Lyra being a human-obsessed crazy pony, Time Turner literally being the pony equivalent of the Doctor) and treat it like it’s established canon, criticizing everybody who doesn’t portray things the exact same way.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Kirb  
Maybe you should hide all these ships you don’t like, then. Seeing your name on the downvoters list for every mauxie pic when you already know you don’t like it is pretty damn petty.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
  • snips * Time Turner literally being the pony equivalent of the Doctor and treat it like it’s established canon * snaps *

Time Turner is canonically a Doctor expy though.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@ColdhardSilver

This.

@Jarkes

Also this. I remember this one story, the only story that has ever made me rage, just a tiny bit, was exactly that: Shining being an abusive jerk to Cadance…just so he could go have sex with Twilight.

Just like DanielTepesKraus hates Fluttershy and Kirb hates Mauxie, I hate incest. You can say you’ve read great stories about incestuous couples who play it for all the drama it’s worth, but 90% of the stories are just an excuse for cheap sexual thrills because it’s “taboo”, so that means it’s super-edgy and progressive.
Kirb
Artist -

@YetAnotherBrony  
Well, funny you should mention that, I also hate incest. Heck, I literally cringed during the incestuous parts of the movies Cat People, Star Wars (episodes IV and V) and Caligula. Then again, I cringed during most of Caligula. Point is, I just don’t find it sexy. Same goes with rape and futa.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Anonycat

Yeah, but some people make it so that he’s literally a regeneration of the Doctor himself. I’ve seen a few fancomics and fanfics where it actually works (in fact, Edowaado’s “From Another World” fancomic about Doctor Whooves is one of my favorite long-running comics in this fandom), but often times it feels like the people writing them or drawing them are just doing it because they know it’s popular and will get them more views.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Jarkes  
Stop cherrypicking stuff or bringing up fanworks whenever it comes to some canon facts discussion, please.  
The staff itself confirmed that everything from Slice of Life was 100% canon and that’s all what there’s to say about the matter.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide