Unpopular opinion time

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Kirb

Well, to be fair, the stuff in the Star Wars films only ended up being incestuous in hindsight, and it was NOT planned from the start; Luke’s sister was originally going to be a new character who wouldn’t be seen in ROTJ but it would’ve been set up for a potential fourth film, but for one reason or another this fourth film didn’t happen, so they had to change it so that it was a character whom the audience already knew.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
Time Turner is canonically a Doctor expy though.

@Jarkes  
I said he was a Doctor expy.  
You butted in (as usual, actually) and began adding stuff on your own (as usual as well) and then tried to pass it as part of the original post so you could attack it just for complaining’s sake (ditto)

I’ve said many times that this is a unhealthy obsession you have and let me remind you that absolutely no one has ever received money, respect, fame and sex IRL for being annoying on the internet.

Now (as usual) this is the part where you rationalize your behavior so you could paint me as the bad guy.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I feel like I’m one of the only people who doesn’t really have a favorite among the Mane Six, or a member of the Mane Six that I particularly dislike.

On the other hand, Shining Armor is my favorite supporting character, and my least favorite supporting character would probably be…

Huh, I can’t really think of one right now. I’ll get back to that.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Ebalosus  
non-euclidean threats

If more of the Nigh-Omnipotent Aliens were actually alien about it, they wouldn’t be nearly so grating. ( θ_θ)

The biggest problem with this character archetype is that it is veeerrrry easy– especially in media with many different writers contributing to the same continuity– to fall into the trap of… well, Q. A character or MacGuffin that allows a writer to ignore in-universe causality also allows them to ignore the limitations of the form that keep the narrative from becoming a random pile of stream-of-consciousness noodling, and the more often such a character appears the more likely they are to become a lazy substitution for creativity and telling a good story. ST:TNG was rightly infamous for that; between Q and the frick-frackin’ Holodeck, you could basically have used an early wordsalad generator to write an episode of TNG and only Rick Berman would have known the difference. In that regard, I find Discord– in the show and especially in the comics– to be vastly superior to Q, because the story editing has (so far, at least) kept him as a secondary character who only appears when there’s a specific story to tell with him rather than just showing up because a deadline was approaching and the writing staff’s creative pockets were turned inside out. Being a Chaos avatar gives him, ironically, a structure and set of characterization rules to follow, which in the long term goes a long way towards preventing both the flanderization the Holodeck suffered and loss of focus that eventually made Q so tedious.

@atalarikt  
@Kirb  
While there is– arguably– a place for Funny Nazis in a lot of comedy formats, the actual practical expression of the Aryanne subfandom makes it pretty clear the character is mostly popular with certain people because they just want to put Nazi shit all over everything and still be able to bray about satire and frozen peaches if anyone correctly points out how assholish that is. It doesn’t help that the chans never met a dull, unfunny meme they weren’t willing to put on infinite repeat as if repetition was what made jokes funny, or that their base character is one of being an asshole about everything just for the chance to giggle like an idiot if anyone complains, as if “being an asshole about it” were some kind of accomplishment.

@ColdhardSilver  
That joke sounds too basic and too rooted in the fandom to be funny on it’s own

GODDAMN GROCER’S APOSTROPHE  
As funny as the cut Flash Sentry gag would have been– which is “very”– I think you’re right about it not really holding up very well in and of itself; it’s a little too meta, and wouldn’t have made any real in-universe sense the way that almost everything else in the episode did.

@ColdhardSilver  
remember that the majority of first and secondary characters are female so it’s kind of an inevitability

…Sort of thing. I can kinda squint real hard and see where haters are coming from with other shows/comics/whatever– where a lot of the Ho Yay ships can seem a little gratuitously provocative and out of place for their setting– but this is a show where the only male main cast member is a kid and most of the (equally rare) secondary character guys are relatives and/or already taken. For the most part it’s either les/bi/an ships or OC ships, and those bring their own chorus of complainers.

@Anonycat  
Time Turner is canonically a Doctor expy though

Eeeeehhhhh– it’s not quite as overt and quantifiable as all that, though. I think the character works fine as a Pony Time Lord analogue myself, but so far all we know for certain about him onscreen is that he’s a poshed-up science nerd with an interest in time travel and a… highly eclectic laboratory; I forget if it was an actual staffer who said it, but he also shares a lot of quirks with Doc Brown from Back To The Future. I still wish Larson had kept AKR’s original idea of having him try on many different wedding suits and all of them being various outfits of The Doctor, though– that was bloody brilliant.

You butted in (as usual, actually”:/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/1562619#post_1562619)  
Hey now– you’re not really livin’ up to your own avatar at the moment.

@Jarkes  
my least favorite supporting character would probably be…

blueblood it’s blueblood come on man
Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion

Go Watch Helluva Boss
Ugh…can we please be done with the “fat ugly fedora-wearing neckbeard brony” stereotype already?

I mean, really, it’s beyond insulting and is now the prejudiced public perception we’re all burdened with on a permanent basis.

I am bone-thin. I have a soul patch. I don’t wear a hat. ’nuff said.
ColdhardSilver
Thread Starter - Cartoon/Western Animation General

Culture Vulture
@MrXemnas1992  
These sort of things don’t just stop, Mr. Xemnas.  
I would hate to be suspected as a criminal due to my race, but the fact of the matter is that there is a lot of young black dudes that do commit crimes and other form of buffoonery so of course such a stereotype will arise. Same with that stereotype.

Also excuse my saying so, but isn’t this more of a general unpopular opinion thread opinion then one to be posted on an MLP focused one?
Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@SeraphimDawn  
My gripe was directed at the “Heart for Sweetie Belle” animation.

Well-animated? Yes.

Funny? Eh…

Cringeworthy? Ohhhhh yeah. Besides the “LOL ugly fat fedora brony”, we have a full-grown man forcing himself on an underage Sweetie Belle. I mean, JESUS, pikapetey, that’s messed up.  
Even for you!
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@Anonycat  
That word predates the internet, you know. What word was I supposed to use to describe me greatly disliking specific MLP characters?

@PonyPon  
In most cases, I tend to hate individual episodes and how they portray certain characters (Flight to the Finish with DT, Spoon and Scootaloo, Filli Vanilli with Pinkie Pie and Putting Your Hoof Down with Fluttershy - to name three examples off the top of my head).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide