Unpopular opinion time

Kirb
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Stranded (Anthro/NSFW)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I still find it creepily uncanny how the CMC’s voice actresses are aging, and we can clearly tell that the voices coming out of them are those of teenage girls, yet the characters themselves have not visibly aged or grown whatsoever.

Unless any of you know any other grade school girls with the voices of teenage girls.
Background Pony #AEC9
@Kirb  
Sounds more like they’re going to replace the characters. One cannot be a CMC if one has a cutie mark, after all…
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <soundtea> fappin to cartoon horses
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ocellus is best buggo
@Kirb  
Take a look at this leaked shaded out season poster from Hasbro >>941901. Note the 3 fillies just under Moondancer and the shaded out shilouettes in the center. There’s gonna be some changes to the core cast on both ends. Think of them maybe becoming mentors of sorts to the new CMC.

And going by the placement of the Mane 6, a new addition to the regular cast in general.
Kirb
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

@soundtea  
Wait.

The CMCs are missing too.

No. No no. No no no. NononononononononononononoNO NO NO NO NO! They can’t be doing this for real!

(sigh) Well, hopefully these new characters are going to be just as likeable as Bloom, Sweetie, and Scoots.

Oh, who am I kidding, these new characters are gonna suck.
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Ocellus is best buggo
@Kirb  
Did you ever think that the CMC are going to be changed into mentors of sorts for these foals? Their own cutie mark search has gotten really damn old since S2. If anything people are glad they’re finally getting their marks. This finally lets them progress as characters.

Also not going to lie, the thought of a former villain actually becoming a main member and forming connections with the main cast instead of just buggering off and coming back for maybe one or two episodes has some nice potential for S6. A sort of “teaching the new blood” theme without completely replacing characters.
MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Horses in the 🅱ack
@Kirb  
They aren’t missing, just shaded in. Probably just to not spoil their new Cutie marks.

I for one welcome the new changes, from the looks of it the “Main 6” gets another Unicorn, and Spike and Minuitte start dating.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@Background Pony #7CD9
Well, I personally just hope they stick with the same characters, even if they have cutie marks, and show them going through the other trials and tribulations of growing up.

Agreed.

@soundtea  
It’s nice seeing Tiara and Spoon looking cute and happy instead of mean. Hopefully we’ll get more of that in the future.

@Background Pony #7CD9  
I would think the founders of the Cutie Mark Crusaders’ could amend the charter so that wasn’t the case.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@soundtea  
I agree that the quest for their marks (as well as Tiara and Spoon’s antagonization of them) got old after S2, but I still think it’d be nice if we saw them growing up and progressing as characters as opposed to them being scrapped entirely.

@Kirb  
The CMC’s are blacked out, but they’re there (and Scoots and Sweetie have their Cutie Marks, too).

@soundtea  
No. No. No. Starlight Glimmer should not become part of the Mane Six.

@PonyPon  
Thank you! Glimmer does not deserve to be made part of the Mane Six.
Background Pony #AEC9
@Crystal Neighybánya  
They really should just pass the baton.  
You can’t really crusade for a cutie mark when you already have one.

Unless they get cutie marks in helping others get/understand their cutie marks.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@MadVillan  
Take a look at the hairdo of the shilouette and notice who’s missing in that chart anywhere else.

@PonyPon  
Who exactly? Trixie’s already redeemed and is married to her show in a way, Gilda’s fixing shit up in Griffonstone, and even stretching to Sunset, she’s already the leader of the human Mane 6, and Discord is… Discord. Starlight’s episode was dark, but she seems to be the villain with the least actual purpose once you strip away her warped philosophy. There really isn’t anywhere for her to go.

@Crystal Neighybánya  
There honestly really isn’t anyone else to pick from reasonably. Any other canidate already has a clear renewed purpose in their lives.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@soundtea  
The only place that wannabe totalitarian should go to is Tartarus. And besides, we’ve already got six characters (plus the Cutie Mark Crusaders, plus countless other secondary and tertiary characters) who can be further expanded upon - why do we need Starlight Glimmer?
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@Crystal Neighybánya  
Honestly Starlight might be the most mentally screwed up of the villains. Discord’s mad, but he’s fully comitted to just fucking up shit wherever he goes. And lets not forget the stuff he pulled in Return of Harmony. Starlight honestly looked like she truly believed her messed up world view when she had that breakdown. And with no magic BE GOOD beam anymore like they used on Sunset, it’ll fall to Twilight to teach her over an entire season, like a sorta callback to S1.

If you have any other meaningful canidates that don’t have a clear purpose already with them, feel free to suggest.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@soundtea  
Do we need another Mane Six member? There are still plenty of stories that can be told with the existing cast and plenty of aspects of their characters that haven’t been explored yet. This isn’t even touching on the fact that there are many secondary and tertiary ponies who could have episodes written around them.
Kirb
Artist -

@soundtea  
Well, let me put it this way: when has a Replacement Scrappy character ever been just as likeable as the one they were replacing? I think this will go over just as well as that.

@MadVillan  
(looks at silhouettes and sees silhouette of new unicorn)  
Oh my god no. No. No no no. If they make Starlight one of the mane 6 I am going to completely lose faith in this show.

@Crystal Neighybánya  
Agreed on both counts. The show should continue following Bloom, Sweetie and Scoots even if they’re no longer the CMCs, they still have plenty of potential as characters. And Starlight should DIE before she becomes a protagonist.

@YetAnotherBrony  
I agree, they should do that. For example, when I was a kid, I didn’t like other kids and wanted them to stay the fuck away from me, but they always kept pestering me anyway. Children need to learn that lesson.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@Kirb  
Who said she’s replacing anybody? Also the show will likely still follow Scoot, Sweetie, and Bloom, just upgraded to mentors of sorts for the new generation of CMC.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide