Unpopular opinion time

Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
I can’t stand “spaghetti.” Not the actual behavior in itself, but the people who propagate it. There was a time in this fandom when we made fun of people who actually deserved hate for doing something stupid. Now? Everytime someone remotely nerdy takes a picture of themselves at a meetup we’re like “gawd all dat spaghetti.”

It’s terrible because so much of this fandom is hypocritical and projects so much to make themselves feel “normal.”

Plus, most of it just isn’t funny. This fandom always complains about memes being overused, but spaghetti has managed to endure despite being the same thing over and over again. Oh look, he says Luna’s his waifu! Oh look, it’s a nerd wearing a fedora! Yawn.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
I don’t like people who say “edgy” things just so they can become “popular” amongst a certain clique within the fandom. The people who associate with hate blogs and things like that because “lawl I h8 fans too grr so edgy” are just annoying to me. Probably moreso than the hateblogs themselves.

I cannot stand S1 Luna. I know she was only on-screen for like five seconds, but I hate the interpretation of “blue Fluttershy.”
Grieffon
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Bronze Bit -
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Grieffon> it does kinda dry out a bit with fast strokes

h
I like Merriwether

M.A. Larson is good but very overrated.

I like every single episode of FiM so far except Games Ponies Play.

I like MLD.
PipMan

People take the show and fandom way too seriously (which has been pointed out countless times, but whatever.)

I enjoy fanfiction.

I enjoyed season 3.

I’m looking forward to Equestria Girls, if only because I want to see the fandom’s reaction to it.

I prefer Celestia to Luna.

I hate the vast majority of this fandom’s ‘famous’ musicians because they are usually so full of themselves.

I don’t think Love and Tolerance is all that bad, but the hypocrites who preach it like a religion are.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@PipMan  
Equestria Girls is just a DVD, I think…

Jim Miller had that he worked on it on his resume and he just said it was a DVD, not a series like he described FiM.
ROTHY
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I like the Merriwether episodes

I think Trixie is a horrible character.

I hate Fallout Equestria.

I like Cadance more than Luna.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Oh, and I don’t get “hating” on anything involved with the show. “Hate” should be reserved for things a bit more important than your preferences in a TV show about magical candy colored marshmallow equines.
Background Pony #FA9F
  • The only episode in season 3 I can truly say I liked was One Bad Apple.

• I hated Magical Mystery Cure.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Itsthinking

THIS.

Related to that…and to a lot of fandoms in general: Some fan invest themselves too much into the show and the fandom, because hey, at the end of the day, it’s just a tv show people. This arguing about what X means, and Y was terrible because can be fun…but some people need to stop acting like the show and/or the fandom is the be-all and end-all of their existence.
Japanese Teeth
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Clock. Is. Ticking.
@Itsthinking

THIS. SO MUCH.

Anyway, back on topic:

1. I could not give less of a crap about Fallout: Equestria. I read the first 25 chapters and honestly don’t see why it’s so much more popular than all the other stories out there.

2. It bugs me when fandom artists start treating their pony-related art and such as their job. I’m all for creating high-quality fan works, but when people turn it into a business it feels like they’re going massively overboard; having some fanart in your resume is fine, but when that’s literally all you do, it’s hard to take them seriously.

3. Relatedly, I honestly really dislike the idea of “fandom celebrities” and it kinda bugs me that they get such high billings at cons and stuff. If I ever go to a pony convention, I’m not going to bother with panels with fanfic authors or tumblr artists or whatever.

4. Tumblr is a terrible site for hosting an ongoing comic because it’s a huge pain to find anything. If all the ask-a-pony blogs would reformat themselves as webcomics, I’d be much more willing to follow them.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Japanese Teeth

Likewise regarding points 1, 2, and 3

What else…

I think that Friendship is Witchcraft is massively overrated

I honestly don’t get the appeal of things like Fallout: Equestria, Past Sins, Antipodes, and My Little Dashie.

I think that Sunset Shimmer would be a great addition to the show, and help explain some of Celestia’s history

I think that Over a Barrel is a good episode

Anti-bronies are at best, ignorant, and at worst, hypocritical pricks whom will praise trekkies and warsies in one hand, while criticising bronies, furries, and twitards in the other
Background Pony #FA9F
Derpy is boring and contributes nothing to the show. Dr. Hooves was just a bad idea to begin with. Equestria Girls sounds like it’ll be fun. Sunset Shimmer shouldn’t be a villain.
Captain Beat

My two big ones are the ones I mentioned in the Worst Pony thread, copy and pasted here for convenience.

“Pinkie is worst mane 6 by a fair margin, while Dərpy is worst pony overall. Pinkie because the writers treat her with kid gloves. There are several episodes where Pinkie fucks everything up, making terrible decisions, but by the end of it, everything works out and we are given a “Pinkie was right all along” bit, ignoring that she probably caused the problem in the first place (see, SotC, GIYC, OaB, FID and IIRC another one I can’t recall).

Dərpy is a background pony with a bad color scheme who is given an unhealthy amount of focus. This wasn’t that bad pre-Dərpygate, as while her fanon interpretations were diverse and often contradictory, she at least had something going for her. Post-Dərpygate, mother Dərpy/misunderstood, but perfectly functional Dərpy has been jossed, and clumsy/enderingly mentally handicapped Dərpy is too sensitive to touch. Leaving the character with… Muffins.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide