Unpopular opinion time

rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
Aging up the CMC in GUIHTD ended up feeling more like a gimmick than something that actually impacts the episode.

They could’ve easily have gone to the train to Appleoosa behind their sisters backs, claiming they’re responsible adults, and shenanigans occur.
Latecomer

@rdibp  
Well sure - but spicing up ordinary slice-of-life plots with fantasy gimmicks is hardly new for this show.

(Also, you’d have to heavily rewrite the stuff with Spur and Biscuit.)
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
As a relentless Starlight appreciator, I have to admit how much I loved her role in the finale. She got to look awesome as hell, without ever overshadowing the main cast.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
Having it be the CMC would’ve lost something. Unnamed students prove Twilight’s point about the School and the magic of friendship. It’s something everyone has, not just a few people! By not having the CMC give the speeches, the show reflects the universality of its ideals. Friendship is magic, for everyone everywhere.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Latecomer  
They’re the Cutie Mark Crusaders. What role could they possibly have? They’re not heroes of the kind the world needed. And sure, it makes tons of sense for them to be giving similar speeches, but the show’s ideals are better reflected in giving it to background characters.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Philweasel
It perfectly encapsulated one of her longest established character traits.

That she’s the only one in the whole cast who knows how to fight?

…though credit where it’s due, the Mane 6 were rocking Cozy, and didn’t do too bad against all three villains later on. Rarity and Spike in particular were shockingly effective.

Twilight as normal was oddly underwhelming. I think it’s clear now that she just doesn’t have it in her. I kinda like it that way to be honest, having her be that powerful while having no real killer instinct or combat savvy makes her feel more pure and innocent.

@Latecomer  
@GenericArchangel
You admit they could have had exactly that role - perhaps not quite as well as others, but adequately. Some things trump message.

I admit it seemed sad to have the CMC totally neglected, but I’ve come to terms with the fact that they peaked at Crusaders of the Lost Mark, and have been barely relevant for years.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide