Unpopular opinion time

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Twi Clown  
She also felt pointless and unnecessary to me. There are dozens of other more interesting and unique characters who could fill her roles in the show or do what she does in episodes.

It’s why we won’t see much of her in pony life. She’s redundant.
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
@Terminal Red

Emmmm, I wouldn’t go too far. Is just that at first she took Twilight’s role as “magical backfiring” when Twilight was benched and then given a different treatment from the writters.

Her episodes often resolves around her awkwardness at solving problems that often involves her guilt and trying to complace Twilight or her friends.

Starlight is often not too proactive on her own as well, so that’s why she’s a hit-or-miss for me.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
I must admit, the reason why Starlight often puts me at odds with the “maybe yes” and “maybe not” is because her episodes feel a bit formulatic. Not exessively nor too abrumating, but just enough to put me a bit of an odds with the character.

Isn’t that a problem with everyone though? I swear, the amount of episodes we had about Twilight Twilighting, or Fluttershy being shy, or Applejack learning the value and meaning of family, or Spike fucking up everything because lol…

I admit, it did kinda annoy me towards the end. I feel the earlier Starlight episodes were a little bit more diverse, especially the ones where she was a supporting character to others, yet the later ‘Starlight/Trixie fails at life until the other is forced to beat the stupid out of them’ did tend to feel very repetitive after a while.
Vinylshadow
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Megalomaniacal toaster
Talking to Twilight and hoping for competence is a pipe dream. No wonder everything after Season 5 usually involved Starlight Glimmer being the one to talk some sense into Twilight whenever she started being an idiot.

Twilight turning into Celestia is probably one of the single saddest moments in the entire series.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
Really, the Elements seem to prefer ponies who have to struggle to stay on track now and then. Genorosity chose a rather dragonish pony, Loyalty a mare who seeks personal glory, Laughter one never too far from the edge of depression, Kindness one who bottles up resentments till they turn to rage… even Magic’s bearer is hardly a natural at friendship. And to unlock the evolved form of the Elements, Rainbow Power, each of them faced temptation, faltered momentarily, and then rose again carrying another.

Element Bearers aren’t just paragons - they’re ponies who embody the Elements even when it doesn’t come easily to them. AJ is actually one of the betver ones at it, paerhpas because she knows she isn’t a good liar, but even she will make mistakes like in Last Roundup.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Meanlucario  
I agree, this causes too many fans to believe the ponies need to live by the elements, to the point where they fans freak out if they veer even slightly off course
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
I agree with the first part, but let’s be honest, AJ had lied more than a few times, especially when it comes to family. There’s also the season 1 ep where AJ was too stubborn to stop overworking herself, but was too prideful to admit that she needed help, which is her lying to others and herself.

@Kiryu-Chan  
I see it moreso with new writers, honestly.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
Exactly - they all struggle, but their friends help keep them on the path. Harmony isn’t innate perfection - it’s blending imperfect things so they seem perfect together.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
I get that, but my problem is when the writers think that they are their element, like when episodes claim that AJ never lies, which has soured me on them.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Philweasel  
The formula of Spike screwing everything up got really old and tired for me and I was glad that they finally deviated from the norm by around Season 6. I’m also miffed that Starlight’s episodes weren’t safe from being formulaic and if the show ran for a little while longer, I’m sure that they would’ve deviated from the norm as well.

@Spinny  
Indeed and the hoof twirling just sold it
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
And that’s why she has trouble telling the truth, because like the others, her element is also her weakness. I think we have more ep where AJ has trouble with her element than any of the other Mane Six.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Meanlucario  
I’d argue that’s because integrity is about more than just honesty. They did an entire episode about whether harmless lies are actually harmless, and while they came to the best conclusion for a kids’ show, it is a really murky issue. Sometimes, honesty isn’t practical or in some cases harmful. Hence, AJ having the moist episodes where she wrangles with her element makes sense.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide