Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@GenericArchangel  
yeah, sometimes I “retranslate” some of the Elements. Kindness, Generosity and Loyalty mostly fit, but Integrity and Joy sound a bit more apt than Honesty and Laughter. And I don’t think English even has a word for my interpretation of Magic…
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
You do realize that the element bearers tend to struggle with their element, right? That’s why honestly fits, since AJ is prideful and has trouble not lying when it comes to her pride or her family.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Free the Tantabus
@Meanlucario  
Ah, I see your point. Agreed, to an extent. For episodes not about Applejack, treating her as a paragon of integrity is fine, as long as her other big traits (pride and stubborness) make it through, as well.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
Not in the same way.

And AJ has a lot of pride - it’s just that the word doesn’t always mean the same thing. Admitting she made a mistake is one thing - admitting she needs help? Well, she learned, but it’s still not her first instinct.
CronoM

@skilledful  
But she’s the most oblivious of the six when it comes to friendship, they make that obvious throughout the series and especially the movie. And she’s the element of magic but Starlight is apparently better at magic then her.

Sooo…is she the element of nothing?

In retrospect, what was even the point of her character besides her being introduced to ponyville for the audience and being Celestia’s errand boy? A lot of the episodes after season 2 don’t even capitalize on her personality quirks much.
CronoM

@Latecomer  
Sort of feels like all the elements fill that niche. The Mane 5 without Twilight assembled themselves to fight Nightmare Moon in episode 2, and convinced Twilight to bring them along. Not the other way around. And the only times Twilight seems to unite them are when the other 5 are indisposed. Discord’s premier, Magical mystery Cure, Tirek’s episode, etc.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Meanlucario  
I think Twilight is easily stronger, Starlight just has more experience with combat magic and, when they fought, was more willing to go all out to win. Don’t get me wrong, Starlight’s in the top 10 strongest magic users in the show, but Twilight’s probably stronger in absolute terms.
Background Pony #06C3
@Vivace  
Hmm… not sure if that quite fits the closer, more personal bonds of Element Bearers.

@GenericArchangel  
It may be in the title, but I wouldn’t say the magic unicorns use, let alone Discord’s’ is especially linked to friendship. Likewise, we see much of friendship that’s only metaphorically magical. Actual crossover is limited to key moments and usually focused on the Elements.

@CronoM  
yes - because they came with her, she realised she couldn’t have done it on her own. And that lit the spark.

@GenericArchangel  
Concur.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Makes me thankful my profile uses the dark theme. Site’s default is the white so when it logs me out that gives it away
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide