Unpopular opinion time

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
It’s strange what you notice when you watch old MLP episodes again. In the first season, there was this strange mix of mystical creatures like big dragons, hydras, manticores, cockatrices, and so on, but then there were also lots of modern referencs like large cities or haute couture. Interestingly, Manehattan still looked a bit “rustic” in Applejack’s flashback in The Cutie Mark Chronicles.

I think it’s a pity that this certain mix got lost somehow during the show. Or that a good balance between mythology and modernity has never been found. But well, the world was probably a little too carefree for that and kids would probably not notice that anyway. But I wish the show had had a more consistent fantasy/steampunk look. I would put my hopes in G5, but if there really is a movie that connects both generations, my faith that we will ever see a more “intense” MLP world fades.

Oh, and by the way, I don’t like the Wonderbolts. Not the ponies themselves, even though Spitfire was quite a bitch for a very long time, but the design… That ridiculous blue design!!! It bites so hard with the Royal Guard and the mostly magical fantasy world. Why Lauren? Why? And no, I don’t like the f***ing design of today’s Blue Angels either. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t admire their flying skills. Nevertheless. Wonderbolts looked ridiculous from the very first episode. Period! ;-D
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@rdibp

The royal guard with the full endorsement of the mane six.

@MrXemnas1992

She’s cuter than Fluttershy. And honestly, Fluttershy has always been someone who gets by only on her looks, whereas Cozy has the moxie to go with it. ;)

@UserAccount

Also, yes, Tirek is an idiot. This was established back in Twilight’s Kingdom when he didn’t bother wiping out the mane six after Twilight gave him her power, even though he had absolutely nothing to lose in doing so.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Spinny  
Agreed. At least Chrysalis has made it clear she doesn’t kill her enemies for two reasons, she loves to watch them suffer and gets power out of sucking them dry of love. Tirek gets nothing out of it but lets his enemies live just because he’s an idiot. Cozy wanted to kill the Mane Six brutally in the Season 9 finale.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Background Pony #6AF2  
Just more proof that Trixie rules I guess. Though, and I bet people will disagree, but I’d consider Starlight’s sudden and not-at-all foreshadowed spontaneous motive to be dumb luck on Twilight’s part, since without it Twilight would have been soundly defeated :P

@DarkObsidian  
It’s not that I want the villains to win, and of course I get that it’s a show and therefore heroes win, but I just wish the ponies had won by their own merits a lot more often. The vast majority of their victories were just sort of given to them after they had, for all intents and purposes, lost as a direct result of making bad decisions. Like, wouldn’t the first Star Wars movie have been a lot more disappointing if the rebels attacked the Death Star, all just instantly got captured in a stasis field and couldn’t do anything, but then the Death Star just spontaneously blew up because one of the techs put a fuse in backwards, and then the rebels were like “yeah we did it!” and the end credits rolled? :P
Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@Spinny  
Tirek was defeated by a dues ex machina he couldn’t have predicted. Why would an all powerful giant bother with some depowered ants?

also forgetting when Chrysalis turned her back on Cadence and Shining Armor and dismissed the power of love aka THE VERY MAGIC THAT ALLOWED HER TO DEFEAT CELESTIA?!?!?
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
guys, Chrysalis. is. an. idiot.

a very egotistical nimrod.

a literal bug brain.

full

you could tap her skull and it would sound hollow. xD
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@MrXemnas1992

Also, the implication that Chrysalis takes calculated risks based on her sadism like we’ve seen in the last few pages, trolling or not on that user’s part, is kinda laughable, because she does not have that much self-awareness in her personality (kind of an oxymoron really). The Mean 6 is a gigantic metaphor for her personality, where Mean Twilight, having her unfiltered competence, is more self-aware than her creator is, but, unfortunately for Chrysalis, she is self-destructive in that her personality reflects Mean Twilight’s entire life, in that she’s competent and smart, but the other five evil one-note clone’s respective vices hold her back, so she is the Mean Six.

And at least Tirek, like Sombra would later do, tried to full power blast them the nanosecond they reappeared with Rainbow Power (which he literally couldn’t predict).

Tirek, like Sombra, wasn’t defeated by the Elements in his backstory as far as we can tell, so it’s not like it’d be a huge factor in his mind, and even if they were a factor, for all he’d know, it could’ve been dependent on its actual users using magic.
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
Chrysalis sees the Windigoes: pffft whatever. We’ll deal with them later. I’ll defeat them myself and be queen.

Tirek sees the Windigoes: That would be very unwise. They’re ancient magic. We shouldn’t leave them unchecked.

…and people say Tirek’s an idiot? smh
UserAccount
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@MrXemnas1992  
Chrysalis was right. They had to deal with the Mane Six first. The Windigos had absolutely nothing to do with the villains defeat, so you just proved how much more correct Chrysalis was.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide