Unpopular opinion time

RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
A phrase that could resume almost the entire MLP comics is: “Wasted a perfectly good plot”.

Seriously, why are the MLP comics seems to be restricted to only 4 issues maximum per plot? If you gonna grasp an “epic” adventure, you gonna need more than 4 issues to expand that.

I dont like to compare, but even when it was considered too long, the Zombot Arc of Sonic was good because it wasnt rushed.
Background Pony #850D
  1. To genuinely believe Cozy isn’t evil shows total oblivion about what evil is.  
  2. Dustcan loves Cozy precisely for her evil.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Kiryu-Chan  
That depends of what stories. If we are talking about slice of life, there is no problem, but when is about, for example, the arc where the Mane 6 become evil after entering in a lake, which is a plot than could have been detailed way more, but no… everything must be resolved in a single issue…
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I dont like to compare, but even when it was considered too long, the Zombot Arc of Sonic was good because it wasnt rushed.

Perhaps, but unlike MLP, sometimes the Sonic story arcs & sub-plots drag on too long. Some things like Archie’s Iron Dominion sub-plot, Sally being roboticized, the “Sonic Unleashed” adaptation Warehog/cracked world plots dragged on too long.

Same for the IDW Zombot arc. Sure it’s nice it wasn’t rushed in 4 issues, but going on for over a year is kinda pushing it. The IDW reboot has only been around for like 30 issues, (over 3 years) and the two main subplot arcs so far are “Fighting against the forces of Metal Sonic/OverLord, and the return of Eggman, and his Zombot scheme. I’d kinda like to have some more shorter adventures in between, or around those arcs.

Be glad MLP stories aren’t restricted to one or two issues, like the early Sonic comics were. 4 Isn’t a bad amount actually, and I believe it’s partially convenient for book collections/reprints. (That usually have 4 issues each.) But I guess it’d be nice to have more variety, but I wouldn’t want story arcs to stretch for years like in Sonic.  
Sometimes when some subplots take too long to resolve, or get ignored for a long time in the storyline I loose interest in said plots.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
I do agree than a full year for a single plot is really too much, but thats on blame of the many delays thought, and the pandemic. The entire arc was was supposed to end early on April of this year if I can remember correctly.

And to be fair, this was supposed to be the last arc from Archie Comics. I suppose it was planned to be this long.

I would be fine if at least 6 issues maximum would be enough for an MLP comic if the story is centered on adventures
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
Only thing from the comics I would have taken and had replace in the show is the Wonderbolts

Lies. The wonderbolts are so much better as unlikable sociopaths with the character depth of pudding.
Vinylshadow
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Megalomaniacal toaster
@Beau Skunky  
The zombot arc is a lot better read as a whole, but the fact it’s over ten issues long is still excessive, especially when it tells the same plot from three different points of view just to let you know how bleak things are

But it gave us more Tangle and Whisper, so I’m content.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Philweasel  
Not to me, especially when it starts messing with a major character arc. By season 6, it was just coming off as the writers being jerks

@Vinylshadow  
Yeah, the Zombot arc took longer than it probably needed too, especially since it took a bit to get going
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Bluepenn15  
It’s not as bad as everybody says, but admittedly it’s hit or miss with the adventure stories. (I kinda hate how they cut down on background jokes, and references, just because a few “no fun allowed” fans were getting tired of ‘em…)  
The “slice of life” ones are usually better received.

@Vinylshadow  
I still haven’t read the whole thing it’s so damn long. I think it’s longer then 10 issues. Even the four most recent collection reprint books don’t complete it. (That’s 4 issues in each collection, so that’s over 16 issues!)

And didn’t Tangle & Whisper get zombified too?

I’m starting to like Tangle & Whisper, (Whisper more) I bought their compilation issue, (and unlocked them in Sonic Dash & Sonic Forces Speed Battle) and it’s pretty good.  
I don’t get why some IDW-haters on DA claim Tangle is a “Sally rip-off,” (remember Sally from the old cancelled Sonic comics by Archie Comics Inc.?) the two characters are nothing alike.  
If I could describe Tangle as anything, it’d be a less-egotistical Rainbow Dash, or playful, cheerful, thrill-seaker.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Luna was put to great use in the comics. My one gripe with the comics is that they’re really adventure oriented. I kinda prefer the issues that are more “slice of life” and the fate of Equestria isn’t in the balance.  
Now for an unpopular opinion: Reflections wasn’t a bad storyline.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide