Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Brass Beau

Possibly they were going for “dogs = loyal” or something (Spike is, at the very least, loyal)… but it really, really didn’t help in shutting down the whole “Spike is Twilight’s pet/slave” viewpoint.
skilledful

@Brass Beau  
Spike is a dog,because Spike is Twilight’s most faithful guide in her journey.Mentor Mascot of hero or in the this case the voice of reason on mlp and eqg for Twilight.  
Equestria Girls(2013) is a history of magical girls,but old school.The protagonist is a magic user who is a candidate to become goverment back in her home realm. She has come to Earth as part of a test of character to prove she is queen material, making the world a better place or by directly competing with a rival to accrue some sort experience to prove her worthiness.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbow Dash: Thanks for dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Shy! Ha! It was great as usual.
Mrs. Shy: Thank you, dear, for not giving up on Zephyr. After all these years of pining for him, it must be so satisfying to see him on the right track.
Rainbow Dash: Huh…?

The fact that Zephyr’s parents seemed to get the idea that Rainbow Dash reciprocated the crush… likely didn’t help matters, and is part of why they’re possibly the worst parents any of the Mane Six have, the other part being the sheer lack of spine, with a possible runner-up being Rarity’s parents, for seemingly barely being there, considering Sweetie Belle seems to live with the former most of the time (not that either of them seem ill-adjusted).
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Zephyr Breeze knows Rainbow Dash isn’t interested in him and hits on her to hide the fact that he’s in the closet. Fluttershy hasn’t told him to cut that shit out because she knows he’s in the closet and is waiting for him to come out in his own time.
Latecomer

@AC97  
The latter is a surprisingly common take despite only being very tentatively suppourted until the final seasons. We only really see Sweetie staying at the Boutique like twice, and the first time it’s clear she’s never done so for long before.

If you want bad parent competion for the Shys, perhaps look to their fellow pegasi?
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer

I’ll note that even as early as the S4 premiere, Sweetie Belle was just there at Rarity’s house/Carousel Boutique, when magic was acting up due to the vines, as if it were something normal/routine for her to be staying there, and it was established to be night at that point in time (it wasn’t day when Celestia and Luna were kidnapped by vines, Rarity opened the curtains because she thought it was day), and before that you seemed to have things like Ponyville Confidential not really seeming to take into account that she lives somewhere else, and that she was just there, in a later S4 episode, as a plot point, complete with a bedroom, without a handwave as to why she’s staying there.

I’m not sure if One Bad Apple, and a flashback in For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils weren’t the only times we actually saw Sweetie Belle at her parents’ house, and before the writers mostly forgot about their parents (not that they were all too common to see anyway), they seemed to have Sweetie Belle around to bounce off of Rarity for convenience in a good percentage of the appearances the former had.

Their parents were quite conspicuously absent during CotLM, which was a big occasion; Granny Smith, Big Mac, and Applejack were around that episode, after Apple Bloom got her cutie mark.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Hmm, I’ll note that Scootaloo’s father and paternal aunt have one thing in common: earth pony/pegasus relationship.

…the excuse of “Sombra attacked” seemed a little “too little too late,” with her parents, considering Scootaloo’s been around for: Nightmare Moon, an Ursa Minor, Discord, Parasprites, Chrysalis attacking Canterlot, Trixie taking over Ponyville with the Alicorn Amulet, the Everfree going wild in S4, Tirek, a Bugbear attacking, being captured by the Storm King’s army… and there might still be more to list.

Scootaloo: Ya know, some ponies would dream of having parents like that.
Rainbow Dash: Yeah, right! Name one!
Scootaloo: [sighs] Me. Growing up, I never thought I’d be the best at anything, because nopony ever told me. But your parents told you over and over again.

…and Parental Glideance kinda said Scootaloo’s home life isn’t ideal, in terms of “supportive caretakers.”

So she’s probably the worst off.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Spinny

I think Apple Bloom quite possibly had a better home life than her… and her parents are dead.

Scootaloo temporarily lost respect for Rainbow Dash because she didn’t appreciate her parents doting on her, which probably says something.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Spinny
Scootaloo temporarily lost respect for Rainbow Dash because she didn’t appreciate her parents doting on her, which probably says something.

Honestly, the fact that Parental Glideance went this far over her parents situation, it makes her admiration for her parents in The Last Crusade and her overall situation is kind of horseshit and feels kinda cheap. At least with her aunts you can say they suffer from Shining Armor syndrome
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide