Unpopular opinion time

Hali the Emoji girl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
!The villains are so stupid or one-sided characterized, because it also makes the protagonists look better and makes it easier to defeat them.

that’s kind of a double edge blade if they have to neuter the villains to give the heroes a chance of winning than that brings into question of how will the heroes fair against villains that aren’t neutered? Without having the villains be watered down to look good comparison will they still shine or look like crap In comparison to the villains?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I hate the It’s About Time episode. Everyone acts so obnoxious. Spike deserved to have his behind kicked in that episode. He, Owliscious and Rainbow messed with Twilight. And then it turns out he was panicking the prediction would be bad?! Ugh! They should’ve had it where Spike at least didn’t believe Twilight and that would be the tension. It would make Spike less obnoxious.

>Spike torments Twilight who is worried about something bad happening when she tells him NOT to do anything to her.  
>Later: Spike panics because time was running out.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
The show had two types of villains: the social antagonists (Trixie, Flim and Flam, Svengallop, etc.) And the adventure threats (Sombra, Tirek, Chrysalis, etc.)  
They needed an opposing force for both aspects of the show. But with the reduced screen presence of the adventure threats, there motives and backstory are nearly nonexistent. Had the show been an adventure series, they could have been explored more. You can have a megalomaniacal villain and still be memorable. The Fire Lord is a good example of that.  
In the end we got some cool ideas, but so much untapped potential with no real pay off. But that’s just my opinion.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The show had two types of villains: the social antagonists (Trixie, Flim and Flam, Svengallop, etc.) And the adventure threats (Sombra, Tirek, Chrysalis, etc.)
They needed an opposing force for both aspects of the show. But with the reduced screen presence of the adventure threats, there motives and backstory are nearly nonexistent. Had the show been an adventure series, they could have been explored more. You can have a megalomaniacal villain and still be memorable. The Fire Lord is a good example of that.
In the end we got some cool ideas, but so much untapped potential with no real pay off. But that’s just my opinion.

The problem is that over the years, they’ve brought in too many characters in general to fully develop many of them. Which I suppose is to be expected when you have a toy company in charge.
Latecomer

@DoctorWTF  
There wasn’t exactly that much of an overlap between toy chracters and show chracters, though. Rather, the writers mostly introduced new chracters as it suited them.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@DoctorWTF

Is not exactly an excuse. Some characters didnt really got toys and Beast Wars managed to have a limited TV cast compared to the toyline so the development could be furthered.

That being said, most of the slice of life antagonists always feel one shot wortht for me anyway.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@DoctorWTF  
I was about to say, it is a toy company so it makes sense why they’d squeeze so much out of it to make a profit. I think if the show went on longer, they would’ve explored these characters more, but at the same time it would take its toll on the overall quality.
Latecomer

@Don’t  
Hmm…well on the one hand they never really aquirred much depth. On the other, they’re pretty decent folks who can be given depth in good hands. So it’s a toss-up
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Spinny

That’s kind of a problem with introducing babies in general - they can’t exactly do much of anything (unless you take a few creative liberties, such as with Rugrats of Family Guy), so they end up being closer to plot devices than proper characters.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DoctorWTF
I’m gonna disagree here - well, not so much with the last one, but I never really expected any more from here, you know? She’s just a baby.

That’s just it - babies in this situation often end up existing only to be like “look at the cute baby”, taking up screen time that could otherwise be used for something of substance.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
The show’s done significantly worse than introducing McFlurry. At the very least the worst thing I can say about her introduction is that it happened and she existed
Sadrai

I’m not sure if this is unpopular but saying Snips is the Eric Cartman of Equestria is dumb comparison I’m serious when I say I saw someone on this site post a image comparing the two.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Sadrai

It should be pretty obvious to anyone actually familiar with them that the similarities are superficial at best. Cartman has been shown to be a bigot and in general 100% unsympathetic, acting like the idea of caring for anyone but himself is all but alien to him. Snips is largely just a harmless doofus - he did profit off of Snails’ buckball fame, but not in such a context that caused him any harm.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide