Unpopular opinion time

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Two weird things I noticed about Bats!

1. Fluttershy mentioned how the bats were supposed to be good for the overall ecosystem of the farm yet nothing comes of that. Seemed like an obvious Green Aesop but nope.  
  2. Their solution was one Twilight tried with the parasprites and nopony pointed that out. And it mostly worked this time.

I really don’t know what the end game was because the lesson of the episode could have been done without either of those “things” coming about.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Background Pony #7FAB

That especially seems to be the mandate when pairing her with Applejack. Bats is probably the worst example, though. Just because Fluttershy was victimized party (through ZERO fault of Applejack’s, I might add, yet she was the ONLY one who suffered for it), doesn’t mean that her suggested solution was viable or correct.

The bats needed to fuck off. They most certainly didn’t deserve AJ making sacrifices to let them them stay.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I saw it more as a native wildlife > corporate profit type thing which I am totally 100% on board with without exception. Perhaps exaggerated in the episode though.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
@EquusStorm

But the episode isn’t dealing with corporate profit. This is literally the Apple Family’s livelihood that’s at stake. The bats are hindering their ability to survive, not their ability to line their pockets.

The bats needed to go by any means necessary, and the only exception to be made is if they were an endangered species.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Spinny  
That’s part of the problem because the central conflict is based around the Apple family’s orchard but there isn’t a clear discussion on how damaging it will be and whether Applejack is trying to get rid of them humanely. Fluttershy seems concerned that Applejack is planning to kill them off (how true that is being an entirely different topic). And once the bats were gone we had an entirely new problem unrelated to them. It’s… weird to try and describe.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
But the episode isn’t dealing with corporate profit. This is literally the Apple Family’s livelihood that’s at stake. The bats are hindering their ability to survive, not their ability to line their pockets.
The bats needed to go by any means necessary, and the only exception to be made is if they were an endangered species.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Man, To change a changeling is a really annoying episode. And Daring Done is another Daring Do episode where some ponies who that Daring Do exists and other ponies think she’s a fictional character. I’ve never found the idea that interesting, appealing or fun.

It’s a pity, because, at this point, Campfire Tales is my favourite episode of the season 7, with likeable characters and interesting tales.
Background Pony #7FAB
I really liked Daring Done. It’s my favorite of the Daring Do episodes.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I liked Daring Do when she was imagined by Rainbow Dash when she was reading the adventure books back in season 2. But in season 4 the writers established that Daring Do is the same writer of her adventures. The author is Daring Do.

I wouldn’t mind that if it wasn’t for the fact that everypony believe that she was fictional, the main antagonists say that she exists and the main characters know her secret identity. That’s too many dots you have to connect in order to make a character or concept interesting. However, I find that incredibly inconsistent.

But at least Daring Done wasn’t To change a changeling.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
But that’s… exactly how species become endangered, when every landowner in a thousand miles decides to exterminate all the wildlife on the land they stole from the wilderness because “oh no! My livelihood!” thus a species becomes endangered via habitat loss.

Guess I saw it differently than everyone else.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@EquusStorm  
It’s a weird episode. The implications from Twilight’s spell, either with what the bats eat now or the fact that “desire” has physiological effects leave a lot of questions.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@EquusStorm  
All the evidence says they’re migratory, and the hell says they own the land they actively ravage? What about everything else that lives on that land, like the much less destructive bat species?
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Gotta eat on migration too. Probably ought to set aside a set area for wildlife, which is exactly what was done at the end of the episode iirc, so it all worked out.
Latecomer

Just discovered one of my friends really hates my pies… I mean, really hates Secrets and Pies. Anyone else have eps they don’t understand why others have such a hate-on for them?
Background Pony #7FAB
Of the top of my head: “Fame and Misfortune”, “The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows”, and “28 Pranks Later”
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I know one guy on EQD who obsessively hates Grannies Gone Wild.

Like of all S8 episodes to hate….that one? Really?
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
I found Gauntlet of Fire to be overrated. I love Scorch and Ember, but I’ve always found Spike pretty boring when he’s being competent.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide