Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #7CFD
@Spinny  
Indeed. If Cozy being a child would be such a crucial part of her defense, then there wouldn’t be nearly as much Chrysalis defenders.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #7CFD  
Now, using extreme methods against Crysalis is arguably a lot more justifiable, because Changeling powers are pretty broken. So she really is too dangerous to hold anywhere less than Tartarus without a reliable way of shutting those down.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I gotta be honest: I don’t think Chrysalis or Cozy Glow needed a redemption episode because they have done terrible things. I think it depends on how a story is written.

Tempest Shadow’s redemption made sense in the MLP film. Diamond Tiara’s redemption made sense in Crusaders of the lost mark. Babs Seed’s redemption made sense in One bad apple. I don’t think a redemption for Chrysalis and Cozy Glow was the solution to the problem, because it would be like Cutie re-mark: an empty convenient episode for a redeemed character.
Background Pony #7CFD
I just want them to get a better ending. Not necessarily redemption, but a beginning on a road to it.
Background Pony #7CFD
@Latecomer  
Eh, I would have preferred an actual followup to their almost-revelation in Frenemies. The way they got that far on their own gave some actual buildup the a potential redemption, which would have made it better then any previously redeemed villain so far.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
And, of course, there’s the fact that she was so callously thrown in Tartarus with zero due process because she was written off as irredeemably evil, which is just preposterous.

Zero due process that we have seen, on the very limited time the episode still had left.

Mind you, if we had seen it, it would have been a first, because the show never took the time to show any part of the Equestrian justice system other than law enforcement at its lowest level.

And we can’t forget how it was LITERALLY NO ONE’S job to feed, water, or even so much as check up on her, given that her and Tirek’s escape went completely unnoticed for so long.

And Tirek survived there just like that for over a thousand years. from that and Cozy’s example, we can infer that Tartarus just keeps its prisoners in some sort of stasis, probably similar to how Luna managed to survive in the moon for a millenium.

Of course, unless the banishment was actually a time-travel spell that sent her to the future.

Sending a damn child there was fucked up beyond belief.

Given the above, i’d say it was rather reasonable - the alternatives were either the chopping block, straight-up brainwashing (remember the ‘reforming spell’ from Keep Calm and Flutter On?) or some other prison she would escape from in due time.

@Background Pony #7CFD

The difference is that Chrysalis already had a established fanbase for years before. Most of the people on that weren’t about to give up on her even after all that happened.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #7CFD  
Maybe. But I’d have preferred to either see that as a sign of their refusal of friendship (which would destroy them), or as a sign of a “villainous friendship” between them.

@Mildgyth  
And when enemies were defeated in battle by miracles, that was alright. Not so much when a powerless, defeated foe is taken into custody.

And don’t make overexaggerated assumptions about Cozy’s escaping ability.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

About Cozy Glow being in the Tartarus, I think Canterlot should have done the same thing with Starlight back in season 5. Some people have compared how Cozy and Starlight did horrible things and only one of them was prisioned in the Tartarus.

I read some of that yesterday and, sincerely, I never thought of that.
Latecomer

@Ring Team  
Perhaps if Celestia was making the decision, she would have. But then, perhaps not, since Starlight surrendered willingly and was repentant. And in any case, it was Twilight’s call.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Ring Team  
I’m guessing because Starlight willingly surrendered?

Though what else could they do with Cozy? Did she show any hints of change and dies Equestria have a juvenile hall they could have thrown her in instead? XP
asdtroi

@Mildgyth  
The zero due process thing, before Cozy, was only done to villains who were defeated via magical imprisonment or were put into situations where a trial would have been impossible. Also, I feel that its highly unreasonable to send Cozy into a small empty metal cage. If there’s some stasis spell on it, then its pretty much a fate worse then death.

Really, a good alternative would have been to simply attempt to reform her.
Background Pony #7CFD
@Sparx  
After running away the first time and many attempts at convincing from Twilight, none of which Cozy got.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Latecomer

Well, given that she, along with Chrysalis almost helped spark a civil war once she was out of Tartarus, convincing one guard to let her go or something of the sort doesn’t look all that farfetched, as long as that guard isn’t Rusty Bucket, of course.

@asdtroi

And given she already had given all signs she wasn’t with that, we’re left with the brainwashing alternative. Which of them is worse?

@Sparx

No, and doesn’t look like Equestria has reached that level of complexity. In all likelihood, for Cozy’s cases they would have reforming schools, and i’m sure the School of Friendship already acts as one on the side…
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Ring Team  
Reminder that Tempest shadow sold out her race to a maniacal pirate, enslaved her own people for completely selfish reasons and she had fun doing it if all the self satisfied smirks she kept flashing were anything to go by.

She personally oversaw the caging and binding of every citizen of canterlot and was willing to hand control of the sun to a maniac because she felt she was outcast when she lost her horn.

If she wasnt outcast before she certainly deserved to be after that.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Terminal Red  
You could see it that way. However, in the ending of the film, Tempest quickly saw Storm King and, after learning that Twilight helped her because “that’s what friends do”, she started to do the right thing: Sacrificing herself just to save Twilight and her friends.

full

full

full

This is how you make a redemption story.

After finishing all the 9 seasons, I never saw anything like that with Starlight. And this show has 222 episodes.
Latecomer

@Mildgyth  
When has Cozy ever fooled anyone who knows she’s a liar?

@Ring Team  
Starlight put herself in a lot of danger against the Changelings, although admittedly saving all of Equestria is in her own self-interest as well.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Ring Team  
She only switched sides after her boss betrayed her first. She was in complete lock step with him to the end and handed him Twilight and the world.

Only when she was betrayed and lost all chances of getting her horn back did she switch sides. If she was truly repentant she would have insisted on punishment or exile. instead she just strolled off like it was all a big misunderstanding. She’s as bad as Discord and starlight.

How many other people and cities did she help him loot and destroy before she got to canterlot? She had no problem with hurting defenceless people judging by how she gleefully blew up a ship with people on board who posed her no threat.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide