Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@Ring Team  
Other issues you have with the episode shouldn’t reflect on Starlight’s heroic deeds.

@Terminal Red  
If it was always only that, would it ever have attracted the same fanbase?

(And if you’re talking about MLP and not FIM… the G1 show was mostly not.)
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Angrybrony  
To be honest, Sunset Shimmer wasn’t a character that appealed to me until I watched the fourth EG film. And, even if that film never came out, after being redeemed Sunset never did anything like this.

full

Or this.

full

Or this.

full

Or this.

full

Or this.

full

Or this.

full

Sunset Shimmer had ambitious plans in the first EG film, and not only she learned from her mistakes, but she also learned to face the consequences of her actions. She would eventually get some friends who love her.

And now that you mentioned it, in the second EG film everyone hated Snuset because of her previous actions. There’s nothing like that in the Starlight episodes since season 6.
Background Pony #6744
@Latecomer

Exactly. But that’s always how it goes. Anything good a character I dislike does doesn’t count. And everything bad they do does.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Ring Team  
Starlights story skipped over the important parts of Redemption.

Her story was never about Redemption, facing the consequences of her actions, enduring scrutiny and recriminations of those she hurt and Making amends and proving herself. Her chickens never came home to roost.

Starlight’ s journey was more about the rehabilitation of a very dysfunctional person.
Background Pony #6744
@Terminal Red

Which I think is a completely valid story to try and tell. Obviously there are execution problems for a lot of people, but I dislike it when people look at Sunset and Starlight and act like Star’s story HAD to be like Sunset’s.
Latecomer

@asdtroi  
He really is the fly in the ointment (as I’m sure would please him greatly). If he was ignored, then the pony philosophy is at least consistent - accept repentance, but no quarter for unrepentant foes. But in his case only, they went out of their way to try and change him - and with an explicit justification of him being powerful enough to be useful. So when foes who don’t have that sort of power get no such chance, while he remains a somewhat dubious ally…
Background Pony #6709
@Ring Team  
-Actually fair complaint  
-Precipitated good  
-Inconsequential  
-Fully justified  
-Fair complaint  
-Not worth serious consideration
asdtroi
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Latecomer  
But should friendship and redemption only be given to those who are potentially useful? Wouldn’t that just give credence to Cozy, which Twilight disagreed with? I’d say that if he deserves so many chances, then Cozy deserves them as well.
Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

The show was nearly the epitome of wasted potential. The worst part was it even had amazing ideas that had to be, for one reason or another, scrapped. Particularly in the original version of Magic Duel.  
Is discussion of those old leaks still not allowed? I haven’t really followed in I think years now.
Latecomer

But should friendship and redemption only be given to those who are potentially useful? Wouldn’t that just give credence to Cozy, which Twilight disagreed with? I’d say that if he deserves so many chances, then Cozy deserves them as well.

Exactly. By choosing to risk so much on reforming Discord, the Manes arguably obligated themselves to offer the same chance to all their foes as long as it was feasible, or mark themselves as hypocrites.

(Admittedly, the decision in either case was Celestia’s, but that also goes to Twilight not standing up to her enough.)
Background Pony #6744
@Ring Team

Sunset’s arc is really damn cheap for me though. Same thing with DT’s arc. It works, but I’m more than happy to see the show try something different.

Sunset’s arc is to go from a villain to a completely innocent sweet heart who gets treated like shit by everyone around her because of the actions she did as a completely different character. I don’t feel like she’s facing justice. I feel like she’s being bullied, and it makes me feel sorry for her, because she doesn’t act ANYTHING like her EQG1 self.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Josh103

Considering the show is already over, i think it should be okay now, as long as you don’t start uploading stuff from them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide