Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I don’t take the leaks into consideration since it was info that wasn’t meant to be revealed to the public so I don’t let that color my perspective of the show. Pretty dumb and silly to get all worked up and angry over something like that honestly.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Mind control and Brainwashing are as intimate a violation as rape. I hate it when shows treat it like it’s nothing.

I refuse to believe the elements ever turned anyone good. They just removed corruption and magical curses.

Someone has to make a choice to be good person. They have to want it.
Latecomer

@Vivace  
I don’t think so - but then, they didn’t do it that commonly earlier. It was just an occasional option.

@Terminal Red  
This might make the difference between why Nightmare Moon was banished by one blast and purified by another.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Kiryu-Chan  
I haven’t read the leaks, but if that’s exactly what you described, then it’s a pity.

I think that’s another example of why this show isn’t coherent at all. Flanderized characters, the redesign of the changelings, ridiculous concepts, ridiculous stories, etc.

I still think if the show was actually consistent, we would have noticed that. And we wouldn’t talk about Starlight and her character arc for dozens of pages, we would have said instead “hey, Starlight was pretty good”.

I think you should never ever EVER split your community with this type of creative decisions.
Latecomer

@Ring Team  
I think consistent and good have some overlap, but more for some people than others. And even on individual points, people won’t necessarily agree. Fandoms always take sides on things.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Have shows ever been “coherent” by definition? There’s wildly different definitions as to what it means since it varies from person to person whether the decisions a show has made is good or not.
Background Pony #B9A5
Starlight’s character is fundamentally toxic and unchanged by the end of the show, because she wants to do whatever she wants and wants to avoid any kind of responsability. And that’s a horrible thing to do.

It’s interesting how you say that, and yet you outlined a few examples that basically showcase the exact opposite of “avoiding any kind of responsibility,” between Starlight banishing Discord in the wake of him being extremely problematic (not an attempt to kill or really hurt him), because she wanted to fulfill a promise to Twilight, that she’d take care of the school, Starlight encouraging Twilight because she believed in her idea, and most egregious of all, letting her literal responsibilities interfere with her friendships, when it’s blatantly obvious she does want to hang out with them. It also ignores her taking responsibility in the wake of her failures, and ignores context, like her probably intending her “Princess princess” as a compliment (as in her saying “you’re more approachable than her, Twilight”), but her preestablished bad tact not making it come across well.

It’s so biased a viewpoint you may as well be watching a different show entirely, because Starlight in S6 kinda acts fundamentally different from Starlight in S9, on multiple levels, is far more selfless and responsible. There’s just no conversation to be had at that point, because there’s an irreconcilable difference in the way we view the character.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
full
Or this.
full
Or this.
full
Or this.
full

Okay, now you’re just making shit up with these. The ones with Discord and the Book in particular she was justified. One was Starlight banishing Discord for throwing a tantrum and trying to torture her and the students constantly and the other was Starlight slapping the rulebook and telling Twilight she doesn’t have to follow it and should abide by her own rules

I’m not the biggest stan for Starlight but even I can see these aren’t issues at all
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
Just because we didn’t see it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Yeah, uh, I’m just sincerely doubting that she received a trial that she didn’t see. Who exactly argued in her defense?

I don’t know what term you want me to use — on that basis, under all normal circumstances, both Cozy and Tirek would have been dead within three days or so, long before they had any chance to be rescued or escape — the fact that they didn’t, and Tirek was there for over a thousand years without any ill effects (not even mental), implies there is something else about the place at work.

This is a better argument, but it’s clear that the stasis thing doesn’t exist. Even if they are sustained, it’s apparently done in a way that involves no contact, and they still don’t have steady access to bedding or toilets. The cage remains cruel af.

Mental health facility? — not even us, with our modern medicine and psychology, can cure psychopathy, and i very much doubt that Equestria could do it.

Well, Starlight is living proof that sociopathy can be cured. At least in FiM, it’s not entirely impossible.
Background Pony #7CFD
Well, Starlight is living proof that sociopathy can be cured. At least in FiM, it’s not entirely impossible.

Then there’s the fact that there’s no definite proof that any character is a sociopath.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I still say Starlight should’ve gotten that Reformed Windigo as a pet.

They’re perfect for each other. They’re both soulless monsters who create and feed on the misery of others.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #B9A5  
(is me b4 login, to avoid the duping accusation)

@Background Pony #7CFD  
One of the better candidates in that regard is Lightning Dust… but “sociopath” is thrown around too much anyway at this point. Could probably count the number of characters you could diagnose with anything on one hand.

@Dustcan  
I still say Starlight Discord should’ve gotten that Reformed Windigo as a pet.
They’re perfect for each other. They’re both soulless monsters who create and feed on the misery of others.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Then there’s the fact that there’s no definite proof that any character is a sociopath.

Starlight’s villainy was triggered by her childhood friend moving away. That doesn’t quite sound like the behavior of a genuine sociopath.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
I really loved her interactions with Spike, they both have a pretty good bond with one another that I would’ve loved to see that explored more. I could easily her getting along with him on the same level as Trixie and Sunburst and incorporate him into her own little circle.

Anyone gonna agree with me on this? Anyone…? Please…? Latecomer? Vivace? Ring Team? Any of you BP’s?
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Yah I agree actually, I thought their interactions were really fin in The Crystalling, I wish they did more with it though
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Latecomer

It was clearly a conscious decision to put her next to Tirek. Because after depriving her of every last right she has, it’s only better to make it so someone as cruel and vindictive as Tirek is the only person she has to talk to for the rest of her life.

@Background Pony #7CFD

Starlight was a sociopath. Period. Even after reformation she continued to struggle with the idea that people are not hers to exert power over.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Okay good, I just thought this dog and pony show about Starlight was overstaying its welcome, even by the standards of this thread.

@Kiryu-Chan  
Same, would’ve benefitted greatly for the both

@Latecomer  
It certainly could’ve been more interesting if Spike wouldn’t be too busy with Big Mac and Discord.

@WyrmSpawN  
I never saw her that much as old Twilight, retaining some skills but having some traits of her own.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide