Unpopular opinion time

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Discord trying to hatch a plan that is convoluted, illogical and backfires horribly is the most Discord thing I could think of. Plus I wasn’t around during the hype. I think that’s why the finale didn’t bother me. Pretty sure the only episode that actually annoyed me was the quiz show one with Pinkie and Twilight.
Background Pony #12B4
Maybe not permanently, but tbf one of the problems with Discord is that he was too powerful.

While I don’t think he should be stoned, I think maybe they could have forced him to stay in his home dimension for a long while as punishment for his plan.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Pretty sure the only episode that actually annoyed me was the quiz show one with Pinkie and Twilight.

I don’t like the episode either. That episode to me comes across as writers wanting to show off how Twilight “resolved” herself freaking out over things by flanderizing said issue immediately before The Summer Sun Setback. Which is not a good way to show character development.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Don’t  
I’d agree with you if it wasn’t for the fact that not only the Mane 6 have been suspicious on his actions, but also the entire Ponyville questioned his intentions. That was since season 3. That makes sense not only for his character, but also for Ponyville.
Background Pony #6744
@Ring Team

Does it matter if the cast is suspicious of him if it never tangibly affects his actions in any way? At some point it makes the cast look like morons for not doing anything about it.

There’s also the argument that treating him like shit made him feel isolated from the rest of Equestria, which made him more likely to do bad things. There were several episodes of Batman the Animated Series that tackled that concept. Penguin and Harley both earnestly tried to redeem themselves at various points, but because Gotham kept treating them like shit, they decided to become villains again.

I think it’s notable that being treated with suspicion has never once dissuaded Discord from doing bad things. It was only Fluttershy’s kindness, and the fear of losing that kindness that managed to do that.
Background Pony #7CFD
@Don’t  
Yea, it always felt odd that Rainbow Dash was always trying so hard to impress and join a group of flyers less accomplished and skilled then she was even early on.
Background Pony #6744
@Ring Team

Which argument? My point is that being treated with suspicion didn’t improve Discord’s behaviour, and in fact might have contributed to some of it.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Is “but Starlight” the new whataboutism for MLP now?

@Don’t  
Evidently the writers didn’t either, otherwise they would have actually tried to make them interesting instead of repeating the same problems they knew well by now everyone hated

@Background Pony #7CFD  
The series seemed to be alluding to RD trying to improve the team down the line until S6 came out and suddenly they decided RD was the one with the problems. Christ this shit still annoys me
Background Pony #12B4
I think the writers wanted to portray the Wonderbolts as flawed, but a heroic and capable team nonetheless. The problem was that we saw too much of their negative qualities and not enough of their positive qualities to balance it out.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #12B4  
I say this a lot but I always felt the comics went about this a lot better. They still have major flaws but unlike the shows they actually came off as decent ponies, they actually feel like RD’s friends.

I mean, while the show was doing at best, the bare minimum, with them, the comics were giving them stints in the GoH annual and gave them a team up with the goddamn Seekers from Transformers
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Looks up whataboutism and its definition  
Welp, add that to my book of terms to never say.

Either way, makes me think if Wind Rider was doing the right thing in having Spitfire be sent away cause it’s clear the team needed new management.
Background Pony #12B4
To me, it seemed like Wind Rider’s actions suggested that the Wonderbolts have an unfortunate history of corruption with its members. Considering how often they’re portrayed as jerks, I get the feeling he wasn’t the only Wonderbolt to ever dirty their hooves to keep their record or get victory or something.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide