Unpopular opinion time

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #7CFD  
Everyone who’s not named Lightning Dust is a less accomplished and skilled flyer than Rainbow to be fair.

The Wonderbolts are apparently the only flying team in all Equestria that’s not just a city-based team raised only for the Equestria Games from what the show gave us too. Might be a case of there being literally no one else for her to join.

But they’re also some kind of military who get sent to deal with monsters as seen in Secret of My Excess. So that’s a job that’d let Rainbow be the best flyer around, get into awesome fights (see her dream in Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep), help ponies and look amazing doing that the whole time.

So yeah. Even if there was a better flying team around, the Wonderbolts are Rainbow’s dream team. They’re kinda similar to her idea of Flash Magnus come to think of it. And he was her hero too.

Sure, the Wonderbolts as ponies weren’t that great up close once she (and we) met them. But before she was finally allowed into their academy, made sense that she wanted to be one of them.
Latecomer

@Roseluck  
And for those wondering why they weren’t falling over themselves to admit her… well, she may be a great solo flyer (though not necessarily the best at anything save raw speed) but that doesn’t make her a great team flyer. Indeed, you could say teamwork was her weakness early on.
Background Pony #7032
@Mildgyth  
Cool.  
Mine though is different in that it takes place on earth, and of course has all gens, not just G4.  
In addition, them’s fightin herds also is in this.

Though i never considered trains before, that’s a neat idea you have.
Sadrai

I feel like Silver spoon and Diamond tiara should have been Sunset minions in the first Equestria girls they fit the mean girl status much better than Snips an Snails do.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Sadrai  
I think the reason why these two were Sunset minions was to show how they have the same goals with different approaches. Sunset is the clever one and the other two are dumb. I think it works from a comedic point of view.
Sadrai

@Ring Team  
I guess that’s the main reason for comedic effect, even tho it was weird seeing those two act mean since there pretty nice after this film and there counter parts to.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Sadrai  
Yup. The only problem with this is that I wish these three characters were funnier, but at least Spike dog was really funny. And I like Trixie as a quick brief funny cameo in the first EG film before she came back in season 6.
Ring Team
Artist -

@CORDZ2000  
Maybe, but presenting it like that in one of the very last episodes in the show didn’t help him or the Discord fans. If someone told me that he disliked him because of this episode, I’d get it, that is reasonable.

Fortunately, it’s not my case and I enjoyed the episode. And again, it could have been much much worse. Not only that, but I also have seen worse scenarios.
Background Pony #7032
@Mildgyth  
Yeah, Wingers for soccer.  
American football-wise, RD would be a halfback and Firefly would be a fullback/tight end.
Background Pony #7032
What would the Mane 6 and Fightin 7’s positions be in soccer/association football?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide