Unpopular opinion time

Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Don’t

We don’t even know exactly all the details involved. and plus, there’s been over a thousand years - how much credit would a defecting prince’s name would have after all that time?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Mildgyth

In modern day it’s unlikely Tirek’s name would hold much weight, particularly since Scorpan must’ve taken the throne long ago. Even if he’s not still around by the time of the series any descendants of his would have a bigger claim to the throne than Tirek would.

But if we’re talking about the time of Starswirl then yeah, just sending Tirek back home might’ve not been a good idea.
Background Pony #7032
I honestly think Twilight should have found someone for Rainbow to help reform.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I didn’t mind Rarity’s characterization in Spice Up Your Life. Considering that she was dealing with culinary rather than fashion, I can understand why she thought following the mold in order to succeed was the move to do, especially if it was towards a field that she has little knowledge over.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Kind of weird that Flim & Flam were an evil AU but the villains were neither redeemed or severely punished towards the end of the series. Not that that’s a bad thing but it’s interesting how they were overlooked.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Mildgyth  
I don’t know, A Canterlot Wedding was the episode that gave the show a chance to get ambitious and bigger. If Steven Universe and Gravity Falls were building up to greater stories thanks to a well done planning, I don’t know why MLP couldn’t.
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Myoozik

The problem is that ultimately, Rarity was not necessary to the mission in the slightest. All she did was create a mess for Pinkie to clean up. And the message Rarity was sending still goes directly against her message in Canterlot Boutique. She went from “buck conformity, yay originality” to “buck originality, yay conformity”.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
Rarity’s behavior in Spice Up Your Life is a great example of the writers remembering a character’s secondary traits. In this case, Rarity is a mare of high standards, when she recommends doing what the other restaurants are doing, it’s not out of “following the trend” but “being the very best.” I’d argue perfectionism is more central to her character than most people think, as it is why she does everything else she does.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think Rarity was perfectly fine as a character in that episode. I don’t see the problem here. Maybe the jokes weren’t very funny, but it’s still good.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Ring Team

I actually liked that episode, but as i said, within my headcanon/AU, the way i set up the rest of the universe, it’d make no sense plotwise, so i had to cut it.

The one way i could work it out was scrapping the whole changeling invasion part and keeping only the impersonating Cadance part, but with a rogue changeling instead of Chrysalis doing that to somehow take power in her homeland.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
@Spinny  
Which again, it was towards a field she had little understanding in. Like what Generic said, she was all about perfectionism and making sure that it succeeds even if it means turning it into a cookie cutter restaurant. Think about it, she’s always been about trends and what’s popular since fashion is built around this and what generates business and even creativity.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Myoozik  
I feel like this take in unkind to what Rarity was really doing- the critic to whose tastes she was appealing was considered the leading food critic in the country. If he says something is the best food, then to her it simply is. Just as she is the go-to for what is best in fashion, he is the go-to for food. So of course she’d make what he likes, it’s the best, sameness be damned.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@GenericArchangel  
Not to mention they wanted to make the restaurant popular and they needed the publicity to get the word out. Getting a three horseshoe endorsement from a top critic was an ends to that means.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@GenericArchangel

@Brass Beau  
Not to mention that both Saffron Masala and Coriander Cumin traveled all the way to Canterlot to start the restaurant since they both loved cooking together and wanted to make ends meet and seeing how it was about to go out of business due to lack of traffic, you can understand Coriander’s cynical attitude and that they had limited options at their disposal.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide