Unpopular opinion time

SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@TheFinite  
Actually, Starlight has basically nothing wrong with her at all. It’s actually only when she’s with Trixie that her “bad side” gets to come out. But that’s okay, because it’s healthy for her to let that part out of her in some way and it’s good for her mental health to be able to blow off some steam. But if you look at her when she’s hanging out with Trixie, she’ll LOL about how fun it was to be evil and stuff, but is much more apologetic around Twilight. Kinda like how people act different around their parents than around their friends.

Trixie’s sort of like a bad girl that smokes and stuff like that and she influences Starlight to go against her better judgement. We all love her for that, though, none of us can be perfect and she’s making Starlight better by allowing her to release her bad side.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
@SparkleDash  
Oh, Starlight is definitely flawed. She is the sort where everything looks like a nail and magic is her hammer; She did brainwash most of the Mane 6 out of an effort to complete an assignment, blast Discord when he got too annoying, ect. If Starlight didn’t actually have big flaws, she’d be less interesting of a character, but we do see her grow fairly significantly and being less likely to jump to the over-the-top reaction (The Discord thing only happening after he kept pushing her over and over after all).

As I said, I think as a person Starlight is flawed, but she is trying to get better, and that’s a good character to me.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Chrysipuff  
Chrysalis was redeemed. The stone couldn’t hold her, she simply had to turn into a shipworm and then she was able to eat her way out of it. After that, she went and tried to feed off of my love for her, but because I love her so much, she wasn’t able to feed off all of it and it transformed her into a good and nice Changeling. None of the other characters know about this yet, though. She’s been disguising herself. She may be in G5 as a random character that you think is just a 100% normal pony, but it’s really Chrysalis in disguise.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #4530
I still think that’s unfair thinking. I mean, I think Discord is more unlikeable yet he has fans so the world works in mysterious ways, I guess

Because Discord is different, the traits he has that people claim make him a bad character actually make him a great character for those who like or even love him. WhY DoEs DiScOrd CaUsE So TrOuBlE AfTeR hIs ReForMaTiOn? Well because he is literally a spirit of chaos and disharmony who disappears if they change completely and a work in progress who is still learning friendship.

This is not to say someone has to love a character but if u look at discord as simply a jerk to hate because he causes problems instead of a work in progress trying to improve or a being who works differently from others..than u probably would hate him because u missed a big point of his character.

Discord is also one of the most developed characters in the series with a relationship with a mane character that has development over seasons, voiced by John De Lancai, and has a unique design and awesome lore. When entering this fandom I was surprised anyone could hate a character this amazing quite so much.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Myoozik
“I think Discord is more unlikeable yet he has fans”
After the finale even his fans started to hate him, for good reason tho, his horrendous faildemption arc in 7 seasons made him surpass both of Starlight’s and Trixie’s in terms of getting away with everything

The twist is probably the fandoms most disliked plot point but discord isn’t the most disliked character. Even someone who made a vid about the finale ruining him still brought up things he liked about discord in other episodes. Even dwk has praised him before and plenty of his hate is in love to hate territory instead of true hate. Everyone can at least say a moment where they found discord to be great, hes a controversial character but he isn’t the scrappy like u seem to believe.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Because of that, it’s really weird to admire her or even suggest that “she came a loong way since season 1” after finishing the season 9. Not only that, but she keeps being selfish in some episodes, such as All bottled up and A horse shoe-in (the second worst episode I’ve seen in the show).

The character you think of Trixie as being is basically Pony Head from SVTFOE (who is a shining example of a terribly narcissistic static character you generally, as a watcher of the show end up not giving a shit about, and yet the writers never seemed to realize what was wrong with this), and yet that isn’t really the case. Trixie in S1 would probably not have stood up for Gallus, when Gruff was being neglectful, stick her neck out for her friends, nor would she be regularly apologizing and admitting fault. Trixie also, while she put it on for selfish reasons, didn’t intend to go that far under the Alicorn Amulet’s corrupting influence, which she might not have known about. She’s also shown to be more humble offstage than she was in S1, and she outright stopped being jealous/hostile with Twilight after S6, with them chatting pleasantly in S8.

@TheFinite  
Magic kinda stopped being her hammer to everything past S7 (and even within S7, it’s not her first resort past All Bottled Up), since she then proved that she could be more responsible with it (Discord was being a shithead endangering students, so honestly, who cares about a banishing spell that she went too flashy with? The only thing Starlight “did wrong” there was from not immediately realizing “Discord’ll ruin my day if I don’t appease him enough that he’ll get bored with and leave”).

Trixie is a case of being the friend that tests Starlight’s development/communication issues. They don’t intuitively “get” one another, as Twilight would generally understand Starlight, and vice-versa, and they can grate on one another from not communicating properly/reading one another/one being unintentionally abrasive (anger bottle, Starlight not knowing the wagon’s sentimental value and not asking, Trixie trying to get the job of headmare), and that leads to challenges, but the mistakes made as a result were what helped Starlight grow.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@AC97  
Even as a discord fan i don’t think she was exactly in the wrong for banishing him ofc while im not saying that discord wasn’t in the wrong but wasn’t discord trying to help starlight tho even she realized he was at the end, spike said so too.
Background Pony #4530
Hot Take: I wanted Chrysalis to be reformed in the end but not the other two, Tirek and Cozy Glow just didn’t have the same emotional attachment as Chrysalis who has been a prominent old villain since S2, and one so persistent at it that one could make a case that she’s the main villain of the entire series.

Reforming such character would provoke many emotions from me, the rest would be just tuesday.  
If I could have saved one and stone the rest you already know what my pick would be.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #5B97  
Yeah I know about that, though there are still people who will stick their neck out for him despite that. Not a call out or anything like that, just pointing it out. Either way, I’ve always disliked him before that twist and that right there only solidified it. I don’t know about getting away with everything though.

@TheFinite  
Same, also because it’s a great song on its own and Sia is just a great singer

@SparkleDash

@TheFinite  
Reading both of that reminded me of this:

@CORDZ2000  
Understandable. Also, what I said in there wasn’t supposed to be a callout, I was just giving an example towards my original point.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Myoozik  
Ok I got u and about that twist what kinda real fan dips on a character because the writers did something they didn’t like lol if they liked everything else about them or because many others like to hate them. If he had only 1 fan I would be that fan, if he had 0 fans I wouldn’t exist.  
Its also good to remember derpi isn’t the entire fandom many hating things here or liking and disliking certain things aren’t universal opinions, or how everyone acts or thinks in a certain place isn’t the entire fandom u know what i mean.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Andyxdr  
Ah. got it, I didn’t watch it, but I know the characters.

Maybe it’s me, but I think Steven Universe really nailed it with some redemption themes in a very human believable way with characters such as Peridot, Lapis, Spinel and the Diamonds. Not only redemption, but also other themes, such as love, compassion, empathy, simpathy, forgiveness, catharsis… It’s a show that I really really respect.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Ring Team  
I think almost everyone can agree in the Steven Universe fandom that Peridots redemption was the best. Lapis redemption only worked well in Future. Spinel was a cool character that people could understand, so her redemption was alright. And then finally the Diamonds, specifically White Diamond, got the rushed one.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide