Unpopular opinion time

SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
Unfortunately, Hasbro was unhappy the DHX didn’t want to kill off Twilight and her friends, so they abandoned them and got the other studio to take over.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Kiryu-Chan  
That’s a really good idea, though. As long as Twilight and her friends don’t die, I love to see more characters. It was Hasbro that said “Get rid of this hick piece of shit, Applejack!!! We fucking hate her!!!!!!! In fact, get rid of all the Mane Six NOW!!!!!!!!!” And that’s how G5 was born.
Background Pony #6ED4
@Kiryu-Chan  
I don’t know which would be better, Haber’s decision or Hasbro’s decision…  
Starlight has lots of room for development while Mane Six are overdeveloping, but it is also jarring to suddenly change the main character.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #6ED4  
At that they should have just made their own show if they wanted to redo the entire cast. Given S6’s poor and uneven quality, it’s less “they had nothing more to do” and more “they didn’t care”

@SparkleDash  
Now none of that was true. We don’t know what happened to change everything, G5 was initially planned as a reboot done with a rebooted mane 6(think how Transformers always starts with Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, etc.), but more likely than anything they changed everything entirely when everything was getting leaked which also probably is what finally ended Hasbro’s relationship with DHX.

And I really don’t buy that Hasbro wants to get rid of the mane 6, both because they veto’d Haber’s idea of replacing them, they keep them around for G5 in small ways, and they’re still making plenty of merch for them despite G5 being on the horizon
Background Pony #61D8
@Kiryu-Chan  
True.  
And huh, if the leaks were the reason, I wonder if that also is why they moved the movie and series to Netflix?
Background Pony #61D8
@Kiryu-Chan  
True, but tbf, even if there was no COVID, do you think Hasbro would want to risk a repeat of the S9 finale leak?

@WyrmSpawN  
Not sure if that was sarcasm or not.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@WyrmSpawN  
I mean, a pandemic started that was killing hundreds of thousands of people, theaters were being closed for nearly a whole year, and the world at large had no idea what was going to happen, but okay
SolaristheBatto

Fluffy Space Bat
Hitch Trailblazer has one of the most coherent and interesting character designs of the G5 Mane Cast. Number One obviously being Sunny herself, Zipp is kinda boring, Izzy and Pipp with their differently colored horn and wings respectively are kinda distracting.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
@SparkleDash

Even Hasbro was too short-sighted to see how much the mane six need Applejack.

@WyrmSpawN

Yeah, FiM was pretty much the only thing giving Discovery Family a reason for existing.

Moving to Netflix just ensures that it won’t have any special treatment. And that the show will be lucky to run longer than three seasons.
Background Pony #7F38
This is a post for unpopular opinions, my opinion is that I do not like G5 or its fans, they are ridiculously toxic
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Kiryu-Chan  
Yeah Hasbro has the final say on any an all things officially pony.

If it was being made JUST by Netflix then Netflix would get to decide how long it runs for, but since Hasbro is in charge they get to decide how long they want it to go on for
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide