Unpopular opinion time

DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
Two opinions for the price of one today:
  1. The Wonderbolts do a shity job as a rescue team; they make the HECU look competent by comparison.
  2. Pinkie Pie is terrible at problem-solving plans (See Too Many Pinkie Pies and that IDW comic with Cosmos that I can’t remember the name nor issue # of).
Peace Petal
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Ooh, maybe somepony’s said this before, but here we go: Hasbro has the right to name or even rename their characters. Her name is Muffins.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

I’m not that big of a fan of Hurricane Fluttershy for two things: It was too indulgent to me and I thought the happy ending was a bit forced, especially for a chapter that has a well escalated build-up of the story. Out of all the episodes in season 2, this was one of the three episodes I didn’t enjoy too much.
But it’s not a bad episode.
I think I love much more Putting your hoof down because it shows with clarity and weight the cause and effect of Fluttershy’s actions. And unlike other episodes from later seasons, it wasn’t a choice made out of nowhere, she was just slowly becoming from assertive to agressive during many scenes instead of deciding in one second “ok, let’s screw everypony up”. It has shown a cause and effect in a way that we want to see these characters ok. The music, atmosphere and pacing also really helped. We empathize with Fluttershy and her friends and we root for them.
At the same time, it’s not too dramatic, since Iron Will is a very funny character (he acts like Kuzco from the Emperor film, which makes this episode really enjoyable).
But yeah, Putting your hoof down is one of my favourite 5 episodes in the show and my favourite chapter from season 2. Compared to Hurricane Fluttershy, it’s more mature for a kids show, which I appreciate.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

I don’t really buy into the Hitch-Fluttershy comparisons. Some of the G5 characters lend themselves well to G4 counterparts (Sunny-Twilight, Izzy-Pinkie), but besides their knacks with animals, the similarities between Hitch and Fluttershy are tenuous IMO. It just feels like another case of people trying too hard to tie G5 back to G4.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Litrojia
Perhaps it’s because they’re not very alike and yet they have some similarities that makes it interesting.
I’ll be honest, with characters like Sunny and Twilight or Zipp and Rainbow since they’re similar, the appeal to the comparison is how they’re different.
Ring Team
Artist -

I don’t think so.
If the argument was based on how “perfect” the G4 was, then I’d argue it isn’t. It’s not the case here (lots of retcons, flanderized characters, disjointed chapters and inconsistent creative decisions). I think the G5 has a chance to bring continuity and consistency in the show and at the same time being its own thing.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
My argument is based on the showmakers/Hasbro connecting G5 to G4 directly. They let that genie out of the bottle and it will haunt this whole generation.
Would there have been comparisons anyway, on a quality basis? Sure. And so far, I’d say G4 is ahead - not perfect, no, but closer than it’s successor. Still, that’s relatively subjective, and G5 still has plenty of chance to catch up anyway. But the comparisons will always be there.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
Oh, and if G5 is supposed to bring continuity and consistency that G4 lacked, you know what it doesn’t need weighing it down? The whole mess of G4 continuity and canon.
Background Pony #D37E
People seem pretty split on continuity and canon. I remember certain ‘ponytubers’ blaming the ‘lore nerds’ and the writers for ‘pandering’ to them in G4.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Background Pony #D37E
I like continuity! And I think G5 would have been a lot better building it’s own from scratch.
I agree, though I think setting it (supposedly) in the same universe but quite removed is “from scratch” enough. Not a fan of the comparisons and expectations it invites though.
@Ring Team
Oh, and if G5 is supposed to bring continuity and consistency that G4 lacked, you know what it doesn’t need weighing it down? The whole mess of G4 continuity and canon.
This is why I’m okay with them kinda descoping G5 and leaving many G4 elements out despite the supposed continuity. FIM, and late FIM especially, was a mess of one-off species, locations, and characters, and we don’t need to bring that back.
Latecomer

@Litrojia
It isn’t, because even across the remove one would expect fundamentals to remain the same. (On the most basic level - what happened to ponies’ second cutie marks?!)
And I can’t accept a loose, partial decoupling like that. G4’s world means G4’s baggage. (Even if it was a colony on another planet it wouldn’t escape it totally… though that would sure help.)
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Latecomer
iirc the reason the ponies only have the one cutie mark is becuase the animators/artists thought they looked weird having a cutie mark on both sides so they just settled for having it on the one side this generation.
as for an in-universe reason for the change, i don’t think they have any
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Now with the art event, I suppose it’s appropriate to bring up the Season 2 finale here for discussion. It was a good finale with a great villain and I consider both Twilight and the Mane 6 in the wrong for the first half where the former should’ve explained better why she was being paranoid about “Cadence’s” behavior and the latter shouldn’t have dismissed Twilight and left her there, which to me felt like they ignored the lessons from both Swarm Of The Century and Lesson Zero.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Now with the art event, I suppose it’s appropriate to bring up the Season 2 finale here for discussion. It was a good finale with a great villain and I consider both Twilight and the Mane 6 in the wrong for the first half where the former should’ve explained better why she was being paranoid about “Cadence’s” behavior and the latter shouldn’t have dismissed Twilight and left her there, which to me felt like they ignored the lessons from both Swarm Of The Century and Lesson Zero.
Pretty much all of this. I think the issues with Twilight’s paranoia and the others’ dismissal of her would’ve been alleviated if not just Applejack had apologised to her, as that remains my only major gripe with the finale.
Even after warming slightly to season 2, which in case people don’t know is my least favourite season of the show, ACW is still excellent and holds up very well. A very good start to the McCarthy era of MLP, which IMO was too damn short.
Galestorm
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Monocle Gentlesir
@Myoozik
Now that you mention it, the only thing I have to bring up about the Season 2 finale is that I still hate it & find it to still be overrated, overhyped, highly pretentious & the worst season finales.
The only good thing that came out of it was Cadance & Chrysalis.
Only watched it once & I don’t intend to again any time soon.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide