Unpopular opinion time

GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Free the Tantabus
Say what you will about Starlight, but nothing says more about her than the fact she’s the only character we ever saw who outright left someone for dead (in her fight with Chrysalis in S9.) She’s definitely not Princess of Friendship material, and that’s what I like about her. To hell with Twilight’s bourgeoise private school background, Glim’s a mare of the common pony and isn’t afraid to get her hooves dirty. And that’s a good thing.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
The only thing I really didn’t like about Equestria Girls were the designs of the characters. I didn’t like the bobblehead look, but I think I understand why it’s like that.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
oh i just realized u were talking about the donkey image, now that’s just one of those reaction image memes that be going around twitter. I thought u were asking about the starlight FREAKING EXPLODES thing i sent
Starponys87
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -

Friends with Autism
Now that I’ve been watching “Tell Your Tale”, I think I’m starting to like Pipp more. Actually, I think I’m starting to like her more than I ever did Rarity.
Background Pony #2BCA
@GenericArchangel
And just like most people claiming to be for the people, she was a self serving charlatan who moved into a castle at the first opportunity, got a cushy job through nepotism and casually hung out with royalty and gods.
Truly this super prodigy who grew up in a wealthy gated community is a mare of the people.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I will say this about Pipp. She does seem to be more casual around other ponies. She does seem easier talk to then Rarity.
It’s like this. Pipp is a princess appealing to the people. Rarity is a commoner appealing to those of high taste.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I guess since it’s in discussion, I preferred EQG over the second half of the main show, even though EQG also faltered towards the end.
@Angrybrony
In all fairness, the problem with that special was less Starlight herself and more on the special failing to capitalize on her inclusion in favor of its crappy villain instead
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Background Pony #2BCA
I wasn’t referring to her village- Starlight was no hero of the proletariat, and saying that what she had going on was communist is simply untrue- really it was more like a cult. And while she’s not as working class as, say, Applejack or Pinkie Pie, she also didn’t have a lot of the immense privilege Twilight did. Starlight presumably taught herself magic, and did so well enough she was able to fight Twilight to a draw without too much trouble and had the advantage over Chrysalis when she was powered up by the bell.
I think all of this is why she and Trixie go together so well- self-made mages with a chip on their shoulder trying to make it in the world. Starlight didn’t move in with Twilight because she wanted to, she was coerced when the options were that or actual consequences for what she did. And yes, this nepotism helped her. A lot. But something tells me a pony like Starlight would’ve been just fine on her own.
(I’ll refrain from diving too deep into a political reading of FiM because I don’t have the time or energy for it, but there is a lot to say about Twilight’s background and Equestrian politics as a whole.)
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Angrybrony
I’ll see your Dazzlings & Forgotten Friendship and raise you Rollercoaster of Friendship & Spring Breakdown. No Starlight there to be found, but plenty of ship tease (on and off an actual ship) and weak climaxes.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Making a quick morally tier list on characters we been talking bout from yesterday to today from most good to least good:
Rarity
Starlight
Pipp
Trixie
Discord
Dazzlings
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Myoozik
And it’s blatantly obvious that Starlight could see that it wasn’t a desired outcome to begin with based on the picture, even if it was her fault it went wrong (which, again, it wasn’t). Twilight trusted her with that pretty much immediately (Starlight didn’t do this without consent, unlike S6, and it’s not even clear it was even real magic, considering hypnosis exists in reality), but nothing could stop the power of “Inconvenient Pinkie.”
What can I say? Confirmation bias is a thing, I feel like. Anything will seem like something damning if you reach hard enough, whether subconsciously or consciously, even if it actually isn’t by some, possibly most standards.
@GenericArchangel
Well, you can technically argue that happened regarding the Storm King, since… they didn’t really make an effort to catch him with the Staff, or seem torn up about it, but yeah, Starlight comes across as somewhat ruthless, which I like about her.
I also rather like Cadance for the fact she can be compassionate, but ruthless as hell (her end results against major villains: forcibly ejected, blown the hell up).
@Kiryu-Chan
Yeah, I’ve thought it’s unfair to pin the blame for that special being lackluster on Starlight, when I think it’s clear that it was moreso how the villain was the issue, both in her anticlimactic nature, and how she was a downgrade in how she was handled in Movie Magic, which if the resolution for that stood, I have a feeling Juniper would’ve been less despised as an antagonist. Not even sure that special needed a villain.
@Vivace
Special mention goes to Rollercoaster of Friendship in that regard, because of Vignette “I couldn’t care less to the point I’m obviously bored out of my mind wondering about whether they were trapped or erased from existence” Valencia getting a quick and easy anticlimactic reformation.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Kiryu-Chan
nah it was star spotlightstealing glimmer side lining the whole caste to give a talk down to a charater she didn’t even know til 5 fucking minutes ago cuz she’s just that perfect and awesome.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide