Unpopular opinion time

Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Vivace
not cannon.
don’t even exist.
pulse if they did the dazzling’s and FFs/wallflower blush’s general exists out way those two boring time wasters.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Shiny Bug
@Angrybrony
I mean that sounds like my view of Sunset Shimmer and why I feel no urge to go back to EQG as a whole, if we’re talking about unpopular opinions. Perhaps not exactly, but she and “Sci-Twi” pretty sucked up all of the character development out of the room.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
I don’t think “canon” ever mattered a lot to the writers, honestly. The number of inconsistencies across the show(s) is hilariously large, and even simple things seem to have been missed on occasion. See: Celestia went from loving theater and plays in S8 to despising them in S9 for no particular reason? Or the infamous example of Twi and ladybugs.
So, canon doesn’t really mean much outside of the broadest possible terms.
Angrybrony
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@TheFinite
i mean your alowed to be wrong but ok.
like name a time besides rr, backstage pass and ff where sunset was unambitiously the lead. she mostly plays support alot of the time and is still the best girl.
hell all the good ones were the ones she was the lead in.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

not cannon.
Suuuuure… that’s exactly how it works.
@TheFinite
…And it’s also entirely possible Celestia had seen it too many times to count to begin with, since Luna was away for a thousand years, and had thusly grown sick of it, if she wasn’t the first time. Like, it’s well established Celestia has done a lot of things for being a Princess’s sake, to the point it’s all samey (such as the Gala in the S1 finale being the “best one ever”), and I think that would potentially fall within that, if it was at the request of an ambassador or some such.
So it wouldn’t be outside of the realm of possibility for her to find the opera as “more of the same old crap I’ve put up with,” whereas for Luna, it’s completely new to her.
Angrybrony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@AC97
i don’t like there for not-cannon. that how star wars, my little pony and life works right?
@TheFinite
to bounce of shimmer and flesh her charater out.
i mean the same could be said about glimmer and she only interacts with twilight and the fan favs that get stapled to her.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
They kept starlight on the sidelines in s8 finale because plenty felt she was taking up spotlight, so the writers kept her out. Say what u want about the s9 finale but plenty characters got to shine. Despite the claims of the finale ruining discord character, him tricking tirek chrysalis and cozy so he could deflect a beam to free starlight that could have killed him was awesome. Even at his quote on quote “worst” he is still a very noteworthy character.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
the EQG mirror special should have just been30 minutes of sunset and starlight banging together tbh
On a more serious note, the fan wars between sunset and starlight were really dumb and annoying and im glad the special had them as friends instead of enemies.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@icicle wicicle 1517
It really never made sense for me to think of Starlight as “FiM’s version of Sunset Shimmer,” as many have stated, considering how differently they’re respectively handled; whether you like one or the other, or both, you enjoy them for different reasons, though most likely not without overlap in some of the reasoning (external vs internal conflict, more of a supporting role vs “true main character of the series”). It would’ve made little sense for them to be enemies outside of an AU.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@AC97
You know, now that you said it. There is a meta reason why Starlight is disliked. Other than her disproportionate villainy and them ignoring her efforts on improving herself
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

To be fair, Starlight was great in The ending of the end. She was doing lots of heroic things that a main character from a idealistic kids show would do. I know many people didn’t like that episode, but by the time I watched it (last year), I accepted all the jank in the show, the good jank and the bad jank.
There was one scene where Starlight teleported herself and Chrysalis to a mountain to avoid damage in Ponyville and the friendship school. I wish we saw more of this in the last four seasons instead of waiting just for this episode to come out, but considering who we’re talking about, I think this is a great step foward.
One of the best episodes in season 9.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Ring Team
People really overlook that moment when talking about Starlight. She knew their fight was going to be destructive, so she moved it somewhere where bystanders wouldn’t get hurt. And then proceeded to come very close to winning a fight she had no business winning, mainly because she’s the only combat mage in Equestria.
Remember, kids, friendship is superior firepower.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@CORDZ2000
Actually let’s make one on every villain and include reasons why. And yes, you may exclude not quite canon ones too if you know what I mean.
I was making it with their reformations in mind, which is why i had the dazzlings lower on the moral scale. Sure the dazzlngs don’t cause the chaos that discord still causes, but they are less reformed and more of neutral. As Discord has been shown to actively want to do good by others although often in his own way and the dazzlings are simply just mean bitches who haven’t been shown to care about anyone.
I’ll make more of a list in the future
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide