Unpopular opinion time

CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Phoenixflambe
so many wanna try to take the comic as canon. plus having twilight later decide to reform the trio without any knowledge of that ways his second step of teaching, sounds like the ultimate friendship lesson to prove she is the princess of friendship
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

mainly because she’s the only combat mage in Equestria.
Let’s not completely undersell the likes of, say, Princess “actually had a brain cell or two unlike the other three in the Movie” Cadance (albeit you can again repeat “in Equestria” lol) or Tempest Shadow, albeit the latter is… more restricted in her applications of force.
Frankly, Twilight was in good form herself in S9 anyway.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Dustcan
If anything that can also serve as a rationale for Flurry to be portrayed as physically older than Cozy, but they tend to go with “same age,” when you think about it, so “kid and kid” or “mutually aged up” happens much more than “teenager and child” or “adult and child.”
I guess it comes down to desired dynamics…?
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Unpopular opinion: Ponies are cute when they stand bipedal. I never understood why some had a problem with it.
CronoM

@AC97
Speaking of physical portrayal, does anyone else feel that by the time of the episode where Rarity was trying to bond with Sweetie Belle but Sweetie Belle had slightly less childish interests, they should of updated the CMC’s design to show them as preteens or young teens?
The same goes for Spike at some point.
I’m perfectly fine with characters guesstimated to be somewhere between 17 and late 20s to have a static adult design but…I feel their desire not to change and let characters grow, even when most of the narrative says they should, was a bad habit in the show.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@CronoM
It would have been an interesting thing to see the CMC and Spike physically mature a bit. It’s partly why people like Harry Potter. For many of the audience it would be fun to see them grow up alongside them.
I always headcanoned that the School of Friendship was for ages 11 to 17. At 11 a foal is now expected to have more responsibilities and to prepare for adulthood at 18. They’ll therefore be often apprenticed at this point, like how Rumble was seen cooking with Gordom Ramsey pony in The Last Problem.
I always felt like with Cozy even if she were a little kid she probably was at least 12 to be able to be a junior assistant. And to have even older students listen to her.
Of course I doubt the show has this interpretation but that’s how I imagine it.
Headcanon in Season 8 and 9: The CMC are 12.
Rumble is 13.
Spike is now 14.
Those two older foals in that growing up episode are also 14.
And the Student Six are 16.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Jim said that Spur was 11-13, so if the CMC were 12 they’d look like her now. Though modifying characters is illegal thanks to The Simpsons, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Ken Penders.
Though your ages supports my theory that GUIHTD takes place chronologically in Season 1.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Wiimeiser
I kind of figured. I think I saw something like that earlier. I think some other post said the CMC were supposed to be 10 and Spike be 12. Which is reasonable. But despite the signs I kind of prefer my canon for ages. I like the idea that the CMC start young and grow up over time and Iike the whole apprenticeship headcanon since it reminds me of Benjamin Franklin.
What is this GUIHTD by the way?
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@icicle wicicle 1517
Exactly. Which is why I think this statement:
Though your ages supports my theory that GUIHTD takes place chronologically in Season 1.
Makes absolutely no sense when you notice that in the episode:
1.Twilight is an alicorn, not a unicorn
2.Twilight is living in her castle instead of Golden Oaks Library
3.Spike has wings
4.The CMC already have their cutie marks
If GUIHTD did take place in Season 1, then none of those things I listed should’ve been in the episode.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DragonBoi471
Then again, the CMC somehow have no idea how public transportation works, despite having successfully taken the train on their own in “For Whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls” and “The Last Crusade”. Accidentally taking the wrong train would be fairly plausible. Forgetting that they need to make sure they’re taking the right train, not so much.
I also remember hearing that the episode was originally written back around season 4 or 5 (when their behavior would have been more plausible), but not greenlit until much later. Which does raise the question of what they’d have done with Scootaloo’s wings, seeing as back then they obviously weren’t ready to abandon Faust’s previous claim that she “hadn’t figured it out yet”. I’m picturing them keeping her wings hidden, like the opening scene of “Austin Powers: the Spy Who Shagged Me” but with wings instead of a wang.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@DragonBoi471
None of those are actually relevant to the episode at all. And I retroactively replace Starswirl with Sunburst.
Then again, the CMC somehow have no idea how public transportation works, despite having successfully taken the train on their own in “For Whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls” and “The Last Crusade”. Accidentally taking the wrong train would be fairly plausible. Forgetting that they need to make sure they’re taking the right train, not so much.
This combined with the fact they’re treated like in Stare Master is what really supports my theory.
I also remember hearing that the episode was originally written back around season 4 or 5 (when their behavior would have been more plausible), but not greenlit until much later.
I personally blame this on the concept of branding.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Wiimeiser
It fucking does count :/
This episodes takes place I’m season 9. There is no evidence (in and out of universe) that this episode happened during season 1. Just because Twilight doesn’t do anything in the episode doesn’t automatically mean this takes place during S1. Because she’s still both an alicorn abd lives in a completely different house, which already goes against gmhow she was in S1 and is impossible to justify this episode taking place in the first season
All this is just you trying to justify whatever conspiracies or headcanons you have while ignoring everything set by thr sctusl show.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide