Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Good question. xD
I’m not against shippings (at least not with selfish and manipulative characters), but that one has always been questionable to me. But at least it’s just shipping. It doesn’t have to be canon.
Starponys87
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -

Friends with Autism
@Angrybrony
It was because of that scene where the two of them were leading the charge of friendship. If they got to know each other better, they might find that they’re a lot alike.
Latecomer

Given that I feel at least some of Neighsay’s attitude was due to invasion trauma, I don’t know if they’d get on… possibly they could bond by talking about how much of a shithole everywhere outside Equestria is.
Starponys87
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -

Friends with Autism
@Latecomer
The main issue was that Neighsay deliberately insulted creatures he was supposedly afraid of. That was completely hypocritical, and it made him sound dishonest about his true motives.
In some cases, fear leads to hate – and then hate gains a life of its own, leading to behavior that can destroy what one was supposedly trying to protect. On the other hand, sometimes hate tries to justify itself through imagining fears that may or may not be there.
Does one hate you because they think you’re bad – or do they falsely accuse you because they just want to hate you? It’s one of those tricks of psychology.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Starponys87
I like the idea of the character, but I think he was too antagonistic for a pony who’s supposed to regulate what type of schools are going to be made.
And it has nothing to do with the fact that he’s either male or female, and if we’re going to go to that direction, I’ll say that he’s still better written than Cozy Glow or Starlight Glimmer.
Background Pony #CA78
@Ring Team
It seems to me that bronies hate male antagonists a lot more than they do female antagonists.
You’re right. As a male, I’m totally disappointed how most people treat male villains like shit, not only in MLP, but in general in every recent movie or TV show. I always thought male villains are the easiest ones I empathize.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Ring Team
I didn’t like how they pretended that Celestia wasn’t majorly responsible for Species being so divided
She basically ignored issues for 1000 of years, both in Equestria and out of it and then let Twilight do her job for her and took credit for it without apologizing for it
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism
It seems to me that men are more prone to sexualize women than the other way around. It goes both directions – yet it seems it goes in one direction a lot more. However, there’s another factor to consider: Male villains in MLP have usually been drawn as uglier than their female counterparts.
Of course, none of this is to suggest that men are morally inferior just because of biology. Different people are born with different personalities, with different challenges to overcome. True strength of character is in overcoming the challenges.
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism
It seems to me that the resurgence of fascism caused the creative staff to become more conscientious about the messages that Friendship Is Magic was sending. As far as I can see, G4 was not completely serious about sending a proper message of friendship until Season 6.
Friendship Is Magic used to have some racist elements. Dragons used to be presented as inherently more evil than ponies. The show used to repeatedly disrespect Spike as a dragon and as a boy. This practically disappeared starting with Season 6. The notion that changelings had no need or use for friendship was debunked in the same season. Finally, Season 8 repudiated the racist overtones of early seasons once and for all.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Starponys87
Early MLP G4 was meant to be like Medieval Fairy Tales instead of Tolkien Empire Wars.
In Fairy Tales that’s just how Fairies were potrayed, Same goes for Djinn.
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Yeah, Rarity was super racist in season 1 (she was disturbed by Zecora explicitly because her appearance while everyone else was only disturbed by her mannerisms. Also, “mules are ugly.”)
But she definitely got her comeuppance in Equestria Games with that magic-suppressing scene with the dude literally showing her contempt for being a unicorn.
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism
@Don’t
Reaching out too much to the outside world can be dangerous. Twilight might have pressed her luck too many times. Conversely, what you don’t know could easily harm you, no matter how much you try to hide. In other words, it’s not good to be isolated and alone, either. So maybe the proper middle ground is to venture cautiously, making sure you don’t expose too much of yourself at once.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide