Unpopular opinion time

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
My personal theory is that MLP is always a mirror of our society today. I just wish that our society would be less racist and hypercritical, so that at some point MLP could also take up topics that are less real. Ha, ha, stupid me. I could also expect something like world peace to exist. Ponies are human, change my mind. ;-)
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Blissful690
Well G4 has been over for a long time and people aren’t as invested in G5 as they were in the previous Gen.
Also lately the number people that no longer engage with the media but hang out with the community has increased.
I’ve said this before but I prefer the more chill atmosphere honestly. Sure the community isn’t booming like back in the day that almost means less crazy stuff (mostly fans) happening.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
The less talking here, the less frequently the same over-trod talking points get flung back and forth.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Blissful690
There are probably a lot more but most of those are old unpopular opinions that’s been already discussed, debated and argued and I’ll rather let that flame be smothered to ash.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
Here’s one right now. The citizens are the real villains. Not Nightmare Moon, not Chrysalis, not even Grogar. The citizens are their own worst enemy.
Starponys87
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Artist -

Friends with Autism
@Phoenixflambe
For a thousand years, it seems, Equestria didn’t need the Elements of Harmony. Maybe they weren’t needed until the friendship among the three races of ponies started to fade?
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Blissful690
Weeeeeellllll—
Lately I’ve had a hard time taking the villains seriously because, well, usually they only target people who can’t actually fight back. On one side you’ve got unstoppable juggernauts like Discord or Tirek, folks with an army at their back like Chrysalis or Tempest, people who can brainwash you just like that like Sombra or the Dazzlings…
And on the other side, at least until the heroes arrive, you’ve got… ponies or teenagers. Yeah. I love Tirek for instance but at the end of the day, he’s basically an adult manhandling kindergartners. Only villain I can think of who actually picked on someone their own size (if not bigger) was Starlight dueling Twilight in The Cutie Re-Mark.
Kinda a far cry from my previous fandom. In either Warhammer Fantasy or 40,000, even the strongest characters (regardless of which side they’re on) met their match once in a while, when they didn’t straight out punch above their weight.
This isn’t a problem per se, but it sure was a weird realization.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I remember hiding that episode when it leaked in fear of spoilers, but after it came out I decided not to unblock it lol
Starponys87
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -

Friends with Autism
@Roseluck
I ask myself, how many bronies actually wish that the Royal Guard would at least have the power to cause the enemy some frustration? Maybe not enough to win, but at least enough to cause a major delay.
If I were Shining Armor, I would be desperately seeking some way to make the magic of friendship work for myself. I would be doubting my ability to protect anything that I love. This is part of the premise for a fan fiction I’m developing.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Starponys87
Thing is, at the end of the day, they’re mooks. It doesn’t matter if realistically they should fight the villain of the week to a standstill, out of universe they’re only props for the actually important characters, so that’s what they are in universe too.
The cops in Teen Titans didn’t matter jack despite their combat armors and laser guns, the few mooks that showed up on the side of good in Kim Possible only existed for the bad guys to dispatch them, Brightmoon’s army in She-Ra literally doesn’t exist when the Horde attacks, the armies of Avatar: the Last Airbender can’t stop a bunch of glorified teenagers no matter which side of the war they’re on.
In addition to that, for G4 specifically, most villains are so powerful they need a literal instant-win-button to be defeated. Those who don’t could allow the Royal Guard to shine… if they weren’t mooks, so they were gonna lose so that the day needs to be saved by the protagonists anyway.
They might as well not even be here, in a sense, and one of the movie’s best ideas was probably to not include any of them.
At least, the guards are getting paid for risking their lives. Unlike the Mane Six, who never saw even one cent of danger pay even though Celestia hoards enough gold to make a lifesize statue of herself.
…they are getting paid, right?
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism
@Roseluck
Even so, you and I both seem to agree that it’s a tiresome trope. If I ever flirt with that trope, I might lampshade it kind of like this: The main heroes specifically tell the guards or the police to take cover – that this is not the work for normal workers. While laying low, some guards might throw in a few shots to help distract the monster.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

In the topic of villains, I’m glad that in both A New Generation and Make your Mark we haven’t got classic villains who want to destroy the world, more like antagonists who were doing the opposite thing of what Sunny wants to accomplish (by definition, an antagonist). In A New Generation, Sprout wants to get social approbation by reinforcing the defenses of his town. In Make your Mark, Posey Bloom doesn’t like the use of magic but, instead of finding a diplomatic solution, she used her personal problems to create more problems out of spite.
I’m assuming they want to make this type of antagonists because the writers from Friendship is Magic already toyed with ambitious villains, such as Chrysalis and Tirek, so repeating that idea over and over again would have been tiring. And I know there’s an alicorn who seems to be a villain because of the music and the tone of the scene at the end of Make your Mark. But, considering how well written both the film and the short were, I’m gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.
I think the only real complaint I had with Generation 5 so far is the music genre. I don’t like too much pop music. It gives me Rainbow Rocks flashbacks. At least Friendship is Magic had some orchestra themes (like in the MLP film and some of the songs from A Canterlot Wedding), but I don’t know if this is the only genre the composers are going to toy with.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide