Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Buckball Season was incredibly boring. When you watch a MLP commercial for the seaosn 6 that emulates the Game of Thrones opening, you’d expect something more than this episode.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Phoenixflambe
Taking the route of ‘winning isn’t everything’ on characters that rarely lose or even lose face. After proving to be unusually better than the typically athletic characters.
“Having fun is more important.” Wins all the damn time
I was glad that they lost in their last time playing it in the show, because it makes their message almost sincere.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

I think Buckball Season would have been more enjoyable if it was from the season 1, 2 or 3, because at the time there wasn’t quite a lot at stake.
That and I think it should have been more emphasis on the character’s dynamic.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Buckball Season is an episode where I’m very mixed on, mostly because I don’t know who I should root for, RD and AJ or PP and FS. I mostly don’t like the fact that the two players are portrayed in the right for apparently getting “pressured” because they’re about to enter a competition and instead focuses on the tired old lesson of having fun. It’s like yeah, having fun in a sport is great and all, but they did realize that they’re about to enter a sports competition which requires rigorous training, they didn’t know what they were signing up for honestly.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Ring Team
I’m convinced The episode came out at the right opportunity, coming late when RD and AJ were having a miserable S6, easily their worst season, which probably played a big part in a lot of people liking if more compared to the crap they were having. Had those been handled better throughout S6(and, uh, Buckball not been driven to the ground in S9 with literally no one asking for it to come back), it would have been quickly forgotten
Ring Team
Artist -

Common Ground from season 9 was decent. It wasn’t perfect, but at least it had a clear purpose in comparison to Buckball Season. The story was new (a very nice episode about a pony trying to connect with the daughter of her girlfriend), I kinda like how Rainbow Dash tries to be a big friend of that little pegasus and the moral was very nice.
I wish the later Buckball sequence was a bit shorter, but it’s a nice episode after all. One of the best 10 episodes in season 9.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Latecomer
Maybe, but that didn’t stop fans from overhyping a whole season with tons of debatable creative decisions. But if I have to be optimistic, at least I liked 4 episodes.
About the stakes, what I mean by that is that back in season 1, the only real danger was Nightmare Moon. The rest of the season 1 was just slice of life episodes, including the last episode. It was like Kiki’s Delivery Service, Totoro and Luca. Wholesome and funny stories for everyone.
By the time A Canterlot Wedding appeared, I expected something big, which the show… kinda offered. I mean, we got some adventure episodes, we got Sombra and Tirek, we got the first episode of seaosn 4 which was great… but they did very little else when it comes to ambition. It’s not the first time I said this, but one of the problems Friendship is Magic had is that it had one foot on the episodic structure where nothing happens and another foot on a narrative ambition. And the problem with this is that it rarely was at its best.
If Buckball Season appeared in season 1 and it had more emphasis on the character’s dynamic, people would have loved it. And the reason why I’m more benevolent with Common Ground was because the story was new, interesting and well done despite that it had some pacing issues related to the sport.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Don’t know if this is unpopular but screw it, I thought the G5 Make Your Mark special was really weak in a lot of areas and not even a second rewatch would change my opinion too much. With that said, I’m not gonna use that to claim that the bar is set low for the new generation, I’m still looking forward to the actual series itself.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Opinion 1: SunntHitch ship
I don’t ship Sunny and Hitch as much as I used to. When I shipped them I thought of as having some sort of very close bond just like in the movie and that they would be foils for each other.
But they really dont have too many meaningful interactions.
It seems like since TYT they would be a cute ship but not really as interesting as I would have wanted.
In a nutshell I ship them in A New Generation (and in an AU) and but not really in Tell Your Tale.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Opinon 2: What I Want to See in Sunny
Sunny kind of has become a little stale to me.
Which is ashame because I love the concept of Sunny. A bright beacon of hope. And even the activist part of her unlike some others, actually made me interested in her.
I think Sunny has the potential to be very dynamic not just a background pony.
Sunny I feel should be like what an activist does for better or worse, get the ball rolling.
I think Sunny’s greatest strengths should be to get everyone together or to do what is right even if they don’t feel like it. Like maybe it should have been that only Sunny was the one to convince Zipp to teach flight.
I think her being proactive could give a very interesting flaw: being too hopeful, outgoing and not thinking things through. Like maybe she wants Zipp to socialize more and Sunny starts to be angry at Zipp for refusing to get with the program. I think this flaw is a way more interesting flaw than doubting yourself.
I guess these are just some raw thoughts, and I think Sunny has interesting characteristics but I think she could be so much more. Amd honestly I think Make Your Mark does touch on some of these. But I want them to go even further.
TLDR I want Sunny to be the star of the show. I want her to be the initiator of things. Just like A New Generation to make her so positive and proactive, she can sometimes be a little annoying but she can also be the very heart of G5.
That’s my Ted talk.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

I also have two opinions. Don’t know for sure if they’re unpopular, but my instinct tells me yes.
1) Heresy for a show about friendship, but I love stories where the protagonists stop being friends. Not necessarily nastily, though that’s my preference because I dislike most of them. My favorite’s obviously when Rainbow’s the one leaving, but from what I’ve seen that veers fast into (sometimes edgy) accusation fic territory or they make up again. So not what I was looking for.
2) I’d have liked Rainbow Rocks better if the Dazzlings were only Adagio. I know they’re part of the classic tropey trio that even Ozai’s Angels in The Last Airbender subscribed to, but after rewatching the movie yesterday I’m not seeing how Aria and Sonata are necessary. They provide some comic relief and a way for Adagio to state her plans without talking to herself, I guess. At least Mai and Ty Lee were around because even Azula would be outmatched by the protagonists’ numbers.
2.5) Kinda wish there was more light shed on the similarities between Adagio and Rainbow. Both were egotists in a ‘band’ where the others may as well be their props (at least as far as Rainbow is concerned, anyway).
Latecomer

@Ring Team
Just cause some episodes are high-stakes doesn’t mean all have to be. Surely it would be fairer to compare two-parters to two-parters and normal episodes to normal episodes.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I think one of her main problems is her tendency to be right about things. Compare Twilight, who started the show by learning that she was wrong about a lot of things.
@Roseluck
So you’re mainly an RD fan?
CronoM

@Roseluck
Rainbow and Adagio both have ego’s, sure, but they do not have the same wavelength that Sunset and Adagio have. Especially Human RD who was just starting out.
Later on though, Human RD demonstrated how far she escalate the harmony powers she had, how she would act heroicly to smash the giant plant in the 3rd movie, and that often used super speed to help everyone around her.
I do agree that Rainbow in general should of gotten more main character moments in the show and EG though. She always had a high degree of protagonist power, starting with giving everyone their cutie marks by accident, and the show really slept on Rainbow and others to make a lot of Twilight episodes that didn’t really connect well in some instances.
CronoM

Unpopular opinion: (I apologize if this seems random, but its just ideas off the top of my head.)
G4 needs to reignite.
We don’t know how G5 will last since its popularity isn’t as viral, and I wouldn’t be surprised if instead of a G6, G5 in the end will pull off something that shakes the series enough to grab enough attention…they alter the timeline, and a new show with G5 and G4 characters and maybe more exists. A new timeline that happens somewhere near the end of the series.
Keep in mind, they already toyed around with G4: Pony Life, showing they aren’t averse to creating G4 in new timelines (like where Pinkie Pie has a competitive brother), but I think they will go back to the series that has COUNTLESS fans and literally re-ignite it with an altered timeline, one less weird then Pony Life and far more ambitious.
I’m not hating on G5 in the least but…after G4, the G5 team doesn’t strike me as characters that will create a new fandom phenomenon, but they do strike me as a team that can uncover what happened in the past and create a better future even if it means altering the timeline and brining the main characters back on board.
….
In a way, yes, I want Hitch Trailblazer and the others to be our Future Trunks.

Question: Are there people at Hasbro who are unsatisfied with the untapped potential still in G4’s vast, vast array of characters? Both story and financial wise?
My guess is yes.
Think about it…G3 actually had more console games then G4, G3 had a low graphics G3 pinkie pie baking game. G4 had a few mobile games with basically no gameplay and little interest.
So why not reignite the series with a ton of loose threads spun together?
Scorpan? Bring him in.
Celestia and Luna’s backstory? Bring it in.
Spike’s parents? Bring them in.
The list goes on and on and on.
While Pony Life in its short life had mixed feelings, it wasn’t repulsive(mostly). People weren’t outraged by a brief new G4 timeline, one that didn’t overstay its welcome like Teen Titans Go.
So what if they only partially restart the series in a way that other series do (not like Ben 10 did) and instead up the story and fanservice (when appropriate) to stuff the fan wants.
When all of the Mane 6 charged into the fray of hundreds of changelings at the end of the second finale and kicked ass, did everyone cheer? Hell yes. Its not bad to bring more action and adventure to a magical world.
Yes, Hasbro is mostly hopeless. But the don’t want to lose money or a huge cash cow. What happens in the next few years could be quite interesting.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Myoozik
io the special was ok, and mostly harmless.
THe trailers and previews made it seem more “big” then what was basically an hour long slice of life episode, and it seems like a few things were rushed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide