Unpopular opinion time

WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
People should stop defending Lightning Dust. What she’s done is wrong and will always be wrong no matter how it’s twisted. She launches 4 unflyable innocent ponies to their death and show no remorse of lives almost being cost, coerces and threatens a young impressionable fan into a dangerous and potentially fatal fatal stunt even though she makes it very clear she does not want to perform said stunt. Even though Scootaloo did decide to join The Washouts herself, she wasn’t informed of the giant dangerous rocket and wagons being on fire. Lightning Dust withheld vital information and didn’t let Scootaloo back out for her own safety, pretty much stripping her rights and freedom. I like Lightning Dust too, but I’m not gonna pretend she didn’t almost kill innocent ponies and a child.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Wayneponeth
To be fair for the episode The Washouts, even though Lightning Dust and her little organization violated some form of safety regulations, Scootaloo also should’ve known what she was getting into when she joined it, outright rejecting her idol’s advice on reconsidering joining.
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Mr.Myoozik
She knew what she was getting into, but not something that’d send her flying into the atmosphere where the only way for her to get down is splatting into a bloody mess. Lightning Dust also knew clearly Scootaloo can’t fly because she loudly yelled at RD in front of her, so Dust knew fully well Scoot wouldn’t be able to return safely. A few dangerous stunts won’t be a problem for Scoot. She does that on a daily basis, but she never hooks any propellers or rockets on her scooter for a reason. She also had never seen that kind of massive rocket during any of the Washouts performances. She wouldn’t know they even had that. Finally, Lightning Dust says so herself she had never tested that thing, so she basically tried to use a kid with disability to be the experiment of an extremely dangerous device.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
The only decisions that Celestia has made that I can agree being terrible and careless involve trusting Discord with stuff. Then again, I could blame it on the writers.
@Wayneponeth
Blame a friend of mine for why I think this way about Lightning Dust. He didn’t like how Lightning Dust’s ending in Wonderbolts Academy turned out due to her reminding him of another anime character with a similar personality that he likes. I would get ask him to see if I got all of this right but he claims to have “retired” from any kind of pony drama.
He had already little faith in FiM during Season 8 as he decided to nosedive into The Washouts’ synopsis and he was not happy. I agree that what Lightning Dust did was shitty but all I really wanted was for her and Rainbow Dash to be on good terms once more. We never got that still and even though I tell my friend that I believe they eventually did in my headcanon, he preferred that the show had done it properly. I even made a short comic for my friend to create the ending between Dashie and Dusty that we always wanted.
Andyxdr
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
@Red-Supernova
Hey, a lot of people were happy to have Discord back. I honestly can’t help but feel like you have absolutely no respect for people who like Discord. You don’t see me mindlessly bashing your favorite characters nonstop and saying they should never have been brought back.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Andyxdr
I am seriously going to regret even coming back to this damned thread.
I never said Discord should have came back, I’m saying that the writers didn’t do a good job at making me like post Season 3 Discord. And don’t even say “because he’s a spirit of Chaos”, that only went so damn far.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Andyxdr
Also shouldn’t this statement apply to everyone else regarding their feelings behind other controversial characters like Starlight Glimmer and the reformed Changelings?
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Red-Supernova
Yeah, I wonder where her caution went. It’s so weird the exact thing she didn’t trust Discord to not do actually happened but her distrust is all gone because of a wink and some flowers. I like to believe she trusts Twilight more than anything but then she also let the one guy that almost caused the destruction of her kingdom twice tell her what to do instead of the savior of it. But I don’t want to talk about Discord anymore. Both because I’ve already made my point clear and because people would act up whenever I point out the awful things Discord actually did. I’m just gonna say whatever criticism I have for Lightning Dust, Discord is ten times worse. Let me leave it at that.
Back to Lightning Dust, I actually wish the same thing, but more like she atones for her actions and becomes more responsible and value lives more, kind of like Trixie. It’s not like I don’t like her. My point is that we should acknowledge that her behavior isn’t right. Too many times we overlook awful behavior and try to justify them by any means necessary, either by blaming others first or completely ignoring it. And I find that mindset annoying. I would love to see Lightning Dust reformed and become good friends with Dash and even Scootaloo. Her Washouts idea isn’t bad either. The problem is the very first stunt she forces Scootaloo to do. She would definitely be a very lovely addition to the show’s dynamics like Starlight and Trixie. It’s not like she’d stop being a daredevil either. She’d just try her best not to kill ponies, kinda like Trixie as well. It’s not like Trixie became less of a showmare after reformation. Sadly though headcanons won’t do much with our feeling when reality strikes. Why else would I still hate Discord even though I have a better headcanon for him that doesn’t involve him committing identity theft?
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

So people have no problem concluding that Lighting Dust is a bad influence, but they also openly defend Starlight at any manipulation intent from her part.
I guess next week they will argue that Walter White “did nothing wrong” in Breaking Bad.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Ring Team
What manipulation intent? After her reformation, all she did was mind control the Mane Six once and knew it was the wrong thing to do. What else did she do that looks like she wanted to make others do as she wished?
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Wayneponeth
Celestia has a crush on discord its pretty obvious she enjoyed his chaos at the gala, but instead sadly for her despite being the true first pony who gave him a chance, he’s hooked on fluttershy lol
@Red-Supernova
I’m just gonna say whatever criticism I have for Lightning Dust, Discord is ten times worse. Let me leave it at that.
That’s the interesting thing about discord. He is the most complex/most unique mlp character imo, he can more of a jerk than characters your meant to hate and can be more of a sweetheart than them.
Not be evil anymore but at the same time hes not completely good. Not so reliable ally but heart in the right place. Do great things and do not so great things. True Disharmony that is Discord. Also the way a lot of his actions post s4 are presented is trying to help, being misguided/still learning friendship instead of truly being bad at heart anymore. While he does worse things than characters like sludge, lightning dust, spoiled rich, svengallop etc. unlike them he does actually want to be a better person. He has infact put himself in harms way to save others…even if the latter case is his fault 😅
@Red-Supernova
u and red don’t like this but its the truth, he is the spirit of chaos and disharmony and he is going to be chaotic and cause disharmony. The fact he has even made it as far as he has despite his nature, is a testament to fluttershy twilight and his inner want for good.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
The issue with lightning dust and gilda(before she reformed) draco in leather pants is that the show almost pretty much justifies it, even tho we aren’t meant to root for them. Their are villains who have done worse than the two and eventually reformed. Also due to writing isues at times, even mane cast members have been bigger jerks than gilda in some episodes despite being saviors of equestria lol. @ringteam
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
You know the Starlight hate would’ve been more tolerable to me if people don’t literally worship Discord.
@CORDZ2000
Celestia doesn’t have a crush on him. What are you talking about?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide