Well, it's been over a year now

JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
A Cadence + Sharmor episode? We can always dream. Unlikely to happen unless FiM runs for ten seasons and they start to run out of ideas.
King Sombra
Thread Starter - Unpopular opinion time

When i heard about it at first i thought “meh let’s wait and see.”  
When i saw the episode (which is BTW still my favorite Season finale) i was mostly pleased. When i heard about Twilights and Shinings back story during the Song i was very moved (inb4 you pussy) and i instantly accepted him.  
Cadence is okay but i don’t have the same reaction about her and Twilight as i had with Twi and Shining.  
Overall i have no problems with them being in the Show.
Background Pony #1166
At first I was like “she’s ok.”

Now I’m like “she’s ok.”
The_Mungoman
Thread Starter - /dis/gravity-falls
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

On paper, Cadence is still flat and uninteresting.  
She doesn’t fit into the established mythology of the celestial objects represented by Celestia and Luna and she lacks any other personality other than “being nice and loving”.

But in praxis, she is technically the best princess. She kicks Chrysalis and her army out of Canterlot, she maintains the shield over the Crystal Empire, she regains the Crystal Heart and places it where it belongs and she motivates the crystal ponies in order to destroy Sombra.

Celestia sends a few letters to Twilight and gets her royal plot kicked by Chrysalis. And… that’s pretty much it.

And Luna… Luna has the most interesting personality, but she is notoriously useless most of the time.

So yeah, as much as I dislike saying it, but Cadence is the best princess right now.
Battle GT

It's a cartoon show!
“Celestia getting her butt kicked” A knock out punch isn’t equivalent to a buttkicking.

Cadence is a sweetheart but still needs some more characterization. Still think she could have been introduced another way but she’s ok.
The_Mungoman
Artist -

@Battle GT  
But look at it this way.  
This is the first way Celestia physically interfered with the villains actions. And she failed.  
What else did she do? And I’m not talking moral support. I mean standing up for her people and fighting in a literal sense.

Yeah. She got angry at Discord once and… that was it.  
GG Celly, better luck next time.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
They’ve started to use Cadance’s character pretty well. I think that they’re making her really naive and gullible, and perhaps a bit stubborn as well. A new princess that is still trying to learn the ropes.
The_Mungoman
Artist -

@Itsthinking  
Honestly, I don’t see that.  
When has she been gulled into anything? When was she stubborn?

I agree with the “new princess that is still trying to learn the ropes”-thing, though.
Battle GT

It's a cartoon show!
@The_Mungoman  
This is the first time we have seen her on the show interfere.

Horns in the Equestria are canon as very sensitive. Do you not remember when Sweetie Belle Flicked Rarity’s horn? Considering the magic that was being dealt it was no wonder she was knocked out. I already knew Celestia wasn’t all powerful given how fearful she was of Discord prior but that’s a discussion for a another thread.

Cadence does have a personality has a confident laid back princess but I think many are in agreement that she needs fleshing out.
The_Mungoman
Artist -

@Battle GT  
But the show is our only point of view!  
If Celestia once single handedly hoofedly saved Equestria from an invasion of robot tigers with rocket launchers using a flaming chainsaw katana but it’s never depicted or mentioned, how should we know that she is so very useful?

I do agree with your point about the horns, though, that’s a very valid point.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@The_Mungoman  
Uh, being tricked by a shape-shifting succubus? Not realizing that meeting the games inspector in person was probably more important than a headdress? Putting her own body on the line and almost dying just to protect her people?
Frostwolf123

She’s not what I’d call a stand out character, but this show does set a very high bar for that.

She certainly hasn’t been a negative to the show, so I’m cool with her.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@The_Mungoman  
>best princess  
>because she was put into situations where she was preordained to be victorious because of some power.

Aside from that… generic sweetheart isn’t impressive to me.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@Whatevs  
then again, I hate everything so w/e.

I never disliked Cadence, I thought the reasons people did were stupid.

But she hasnt done anything special
MLP-Silver-Quill
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@The_Mungoman

I’d like to go over these points one by one since they’re all valid elements with differing perspectives:

She kicks Chrysalis and her army out of Canterlot

She does, after Twilight rescues her twice. The problem I had with this was that the show kept telling us that these two were deeply in love, but since they never got actual screen time beforehand I couldn’t buy into it. It felt more deus ex machina than a true testament to their feelings.

She maintains the shield over the Crystal Empire

Also true, yet the image I saw was a princess sitting on her thrown and looking glum while waiting for someone else to come in and solve the situation for her. If she can interact while maintaining the shield, should she have enlisted help from some of the locals? She’s keeping the status quo, but not being proactive.

She regains the Crystal Heart and places it where it belongs and she motivates the crystal ponies in order to destroy Sombra

This is the biggest tripping point for me. Twilight goes through the struggle to find the Crystal Heart and Spike takes the risk to return it. Cadance swoops in at the last moment and enjoys the glory. She does motivate everyone with a quick speech, but I saw that as capitalizing on the Crystal Heart’s return rather than her own leadership skills.

All in all, when I think of Cadance I think of the image of the ideal princess. She enjoys adoration, but never seems to accept responsibility. Somepony else gives her a victory and she basks in the credit. It’s frustrating to see since this is the ideal being promoted to kids. I’d really like to see Cadance be more proactive in future episodes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide