What is Sci-Twi's Element?

BlondeNobody
Wallet After Summer Sale -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Kakyoin's Legacy
It can’t possibly be magic, that one belongs to Princess Twilight. And I don’t know if this is a canon fact or fanon creation, but Sunset is generally accepted as the embodiment of empathy. What does that leave Sci-Twi with? Curiosity? I’m thinking curiosity.
BlondeNobody
Artist -

Kakyoin's Legacy
@Latecomer  
The elements represent a core feature of the beings that embody them. Princess Twilight was born a unicorn, studied magic her whole life and mastered all kinds of spells. Sci-Twi was born a human girl in a human world; no magic, only science. It’s not a part of who she is, just something she bumped into later in life.

Or, if you’re going for the literal definition, the element of magic itself chose the human counterparts as the proxy element bearers in the human world during the fight with Sunset Satan. Since Princess Twilight was already there she could bear her own element, no Sci-Twi required.
Latecomer

@BlondeNobody  
That’s only applicable if you read “Magic” literally as the name of the Element, which would preclude any non-magical being from wielding it - hardly very harmonious.

I instead consider it a vague attempt at condensing a more complex concept. Part of that comes from the title - if Friendship is Magic, then is Magic not Friendship? But not Friendship alone - for one to wield it, I think they must come to friendship from friendlessness - choose not to be alone. Starswirl arguably did, Twilight did, Sunset did, SciTwi did and Gallus (most likely inheritor among the Young Six) did.
BlondeNobody
Artist -

Kakyoin's Legacy
@Latecomer  
From what I gather, the element of magic mostly serves as a focal point of sorts for the other elements to converge and make rainbow magic. Maybe that’s the magic of friendship? Getting all other five to come together? That’s something Princess Twilight did in both universes, but Sci-Twi didn’t.

At points in time the element of magic was also referred to as “leadership” by Celestia and “sorcery” by one of the Pillars (can’t remember which), none of which really reflect Sci-Twi either.
Latecomer

@BlondeNobody  
And yet Gallus seems set to inherit it, and he doesn’t quite seem to fit any of those either.

Since Magic is the center, I think it should be fundamental. And something fundamental to both Harmony and the show’s message is “understanding how much letting others into our life can enrich it”. It fits all the individuals connected to it as well (save maybe Celestia, but we know very little about her before she bore it).

But then, I’m not even sure Sci-Twi needs an Element in the first place. Her power comes from a mixing of all the other six’s, which also points to Magic if anything but could be something different. I’m not even sure Sunset has (or needs) and Element per-se. Has she ever ponied up without music or an item?
BlondeNobody
Artist -

Kakyoin's Legacy
@Latecomer  
I’ll agree with you there, whether she needs an element or not is debatable at best, I just wanted to find an easy keyword to identify her as that wasn’t already taken, like how Sunset Shimmer came to be defined as the embodiment of empathy, even though that’s not an actual “element” (still don’t know if that’s canon or fanon).  
Probably should have used quotation marks in the title, now that I think of it.

But I’ll admit, discussing the properties of the element of magic with you was fun.
Summersong
Duck - Hates bronies, but is one. Go figure.
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Artist -

aka Summersong
Sci-Twi’s element is also Magic.

In this context, Magic refers to the maintenance of friendship, as per the name of the show. Twilight Sparkle is not the Element of Magic because she’s an excellent unicorn who’s good at casting spells; Star Swirl also fits that description, and was absolutely not a master of the Element of Magic because he is the worst friend imaginable.

Twilight Sparkle bears the Element of Magic because she is the central force that keeps her friend group together. She is consequently the focal point for their giant rainbow lasers which are made out of friendship.

More intuitively, Twilight is the key figure in solving their friendship problems, and eventually teaching the entire world about friendship through a school dedicated to the study.

That is the Magic represented by the element, and Sci-Twi still has it as her Element the same way the others have “Equestrian magic” behind their Equestrian Elements.
Background Pony #12B6
If sci twi is the element of magic in the human world does that mean that sunset is the element of friendship? I mean they’re necklaces are like the elements of harmony even the necklaces when they weren’t necklaces but with colors
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide