Who put the frogs backward on the G5 pony models?

PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
As an example, note how the point of the heart-frog on Zipp’s hoof points backward in this gif:
When screwed on properly, the bulbs/lobes of the heard should instead be located toward the posterior of the hoof while the point of the heart/arrow should point to the front of the hoof.
small

Note how Izzy is presumably rearing. The hearts that form her frogs should point upward.
What puzzles me is that this isn’t some mistake that can be chalked up to no one in the animation studio having ever seen an IRL horse before. The frog is a part of horse anatomy I would not expect them to add unless they already knew horses were supposed to have them. Stylizing them into hearts makes perfect sense in the visual language of Equestria. However, somehow their hearts pointing the opposite direction of IRL horses got the greenlight for their generic pony model early in the process because the decision was remarkably consistent.
It would be one thing if this were just some artistic decision, like stylizing their heads. However, I fear a number of new artists will copy G5’s artistic direction, mistakes and all, and be hoodwinked into drawing backward frogs on their ponies without ever knowing better and citing G5 official media when the discrepancy is explained to them.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Obviously it’s done to have some sort of kid appeal. Putting cute little hearts on ponies to let you know they’re indeed cute little ponies full of love. It’s like Care Bears really but at least more clever and subtle. They wouldn’t want to put upside down heart on their ponies because that would symbolize the opposite of love after all. :P
It’s especially obvious with this scene. Heart hoof means they can put a heart symbol at the end of the movie.
And to be fair, the original G4 ponies didn’t get their frogs until the movie anyway. They’re all just little stubby cylinders that are completely flat at the bottom. :P
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
I agree with Fwelin. I think it’s so the viewer see’s a heart when the hoof is pointed in their direction.
And for what it’s worth, that’s consistent with the hoof magnets on G3 toys.
Background Pony #653B
If the shadowy alicorn has heart-shaped hooves, I’ll love her even more.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide