Why does this website hate Cozy Glow so much?

Charade
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Platinum Supporter - Platinum Supporter

@CORDZ2000
Some people are born with natural impediments to morality, just like Scootaloo can’t fly. sometimes these can be overcome with effort, sometimes not.

Thats another one I call BS on, but thats another thread.
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

sTs trinity
@Dex Stewart

@Background Pony #3CAF  
Really guys, you still show hate for starlight glimmer after like 5 years?

Jesus Christ man, just stop acting like she did something wrong to both of y’all, and just drop it.

Plus don’t be off topic in this forum, this is about people hating cozy for what she did, and not about starlight.
Background Pony #15A0
@Shimmering Spectacle  
Ps: BG PONY 3CAF is actually a Starlight fan, so please don’t jump in conclusions!

But you are right about losing focus into her, let’s get back to Cozy Glow!
Background Pony #3CAF
@Phoenixflambe  
Oh, I get it, but it’s Scootaloo who got arrested even as still a filly for cripes sake!

This brings to the topic : “How could you writers arrest a child? Now it infected the fandom!”
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

If you’re talking about the ending of season 8 (I forgot the name of the episode), then yes, Cozy Glow should be arrested. I don’t remember why Cozy Glow did what she did, probably because I lost interest in the character, but yeah, she should be arrested.
Background Pony #E700
@Ring Team  
The problem with this is that other characters like Starlight, Discord and Tempest weren’t arrested. It paints Cozy’s arrest and lack of any attempt at rehabilitation as double standard-y, especially when she was sent streight to Tartarus rather then some normal prison.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #E700  
Discord was arrested twice with no idea of time released, tempest scarified her life for twilight. Starlight wasn’t arrested but the story has a big idea of remorse over those who don’t have it. We can disagree with it but its how their society works.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
While maybe not fair starlight never suffered karma although she does have a lot of remorse. Id argue starlight was less evil than cozy because in her own warped way she was trying to make the world a better place initially while cozy does what she does simply because she wants power. Both have dictator liked goals tho but yeh
Background Pony #E700
@CORDZ2000  
A counterargument to this was that Discord was actually released after being arrested the second time and endangoured Equestria twice afterwards and Starlight did not feel remorse after her first defeat and required extensive convincing from Twilight, who was practically forced to try and help her in the time loop.

When you look at the trio, only Chrysalis recieved any sort of similar attempt and even that could be comparable to when Starlight and Tempest rejected Twilight’s friendship speeches. It can be said that the only reason the reformed villains reformed was because they were lucky enough to have certain characters actually try to help them or be placed in a position where they had to switch sides. It feels like their reformation and subsequent forgiveness came down more to luck and circomstance then they themselves actually changing on their own.

I just don’t think the reformed characters would ever have felt remorse if not for the chances and help they got. Especially when you consider how little the heroes actually tried to reform the trio.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #3CAF  
Beats me, but the ironic thing is that for once, the royal guard is totally in the right for doing so. AJ may say it now, but she’ll eat her words 4 seasons later. BTW, EOJ happens in between seasons 4 and 5.
Background Pony #E700
@CORDZ2000  
I don’t know, their actions are no better or worse.

I suppose you can say that Starlight had good intentions, but that is marred by the way she treated her villagers, basically enslaving, mistreating, abusing and lying to them and even willing to go as far as attack them later on. She acted mor like a selfish dictator then the well-meaning extremist she was made out to be. Tempest did have a tragic backstory, but she was more then willing to let potentially thousends suffer and maybe even die if you want to go that far for herself. It’s entirely possible that she wouldn’t have betrayed Storm King had he just restored her horn. And Discord lacked any sort of backstory or any sort of potential redeeming moment prior to being given a second chance. He was just evil for the fun of it.

With the trio, you can argue that Chrysalis simply saw herself as doing her job by feeding her people only to be held back by her own traditionalism while Tirek wanted to impress her father and Cozy completely misunderstanding what friendship meant. Sure, it doesn’t immedietly make them tragic or guerenteed to change, but I don’t think their any worse then what the reformed villains used to be.

Again, it seems to all come down to luck weather or not someone gets the help he or she needs to change rather then anything else and that just rubbs me the wrong way, especially when the heroes are portrayed as morally good role models by the end of the series.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #E700  
Well im not exactly arguing whose actions were better or worse at this point but lighter shade as in for example  
Tempest while selfish was just trying to get back something she lose for ex.  
As for Discord was causing chaos because Thats what he is, like he says himself “im discord spirit of chaos and disharmony hello” name whether one likes it or not that is the in-series explanation for why he is the way he is and why has the most edge, but there are subtle signs of his possible redemption if not redeeming moments like full Idk much about EQ girls reformed characters
A Gruntman
Fluttershy - For Patreon supporters
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron

OverzealousFluttershyFan
@CORDZ2000
Again, it seems to all come down to luck weather or not someone gets the help he or she needs to change rather then anything else and that just rubbs me the wrong way, especially when the heroes are portrayed as morally good role models by the end of the series.

Exactly this right here! We know nothing of Cozy’s backstory or why she acts the way she does because none of our “heroes” never took the time to have an in-depth talk with Cozy. The season 8 finale doesn’t count. That was just Twilight saying “Nope you’re wrong. I’m sorry you are evil lawl” And that was it.

Not to hate on Starlight, but I’m just saying she only got reformed because she was able to overwhelm Twilight at every turn in battle, so Twilight had to resort to giving her a friendship talk to get Starlight to stop. If Starlight had been defeated in battle against Twilight, I’m very sure she wouldn’t have hesitated to have Starlight thrown in Tartarus for her crimes.

Cozy didn’t get the help she needed, and we can’t say for absolute certain if she truly got what she deserved if we don’t know about her past life. That’s how it works according to Equestria standards after all.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@A Gruntman  
I mean this is a far argument but im not of a opinion that starlight backstory of a friend leaving is enough to make her actions justified. Im more of arguing for that her reasoning for doing evil at least initially were because she wanted to bring about good in the world even if in a twisted warped way made her more redeemable than cozy.
A Gruntman

OverzealousFluttershyFan
@CORDZ2000  
You could say Starlight meant well, but as the saying goes: “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”

As far as Cozy’s motives go, she wanted power which could be obtained through friends. This could be interpreted in several different ways. But we still can’t say with certainty if she is as irredeemable as people claim she is if we don’t know her reasoning, upbringing, or her past life in general.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
@A Gruntman  
Well im not of the opinion that cozy has done enough to be irredeemable but more of the belief that the ones didn’t reform, refusal to try to change despite knowing/learning how great friendship can be is what makes them irredeemable. They can change if they want and know how but choose not to, just the way I see it tho.
A Gruntman

OverzealousFluttershyFan
@CORDZ2000  
I’m still of the belief that no one gave her the option. Of course she doesn’t wanna change her ways because no one was there to help her. She clearly felt the spark of friendship in Frenemies and just needed someone good to steer her in the right direction. It was only because
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide