Why does this website hate Cozy Glow so much?

Background Pony #15A0
@Smart Heart  
Yeah, true, because that kind of writing teaches kids that some people are evil for the sake of just… evil, which is never true, we are all surviving in this harsh world together but some or many people aren’t surviving wisely, that’s all.
Background Pony #A9CE
@Smart Heart  
Ah yes, Starlight and Trixie were in this category, they were outcasts whom used to fear that being outcasts may make life difficult so they desperately did wrong things they thought it was a solution.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

[…] At the end of the day Cozy is a narcissistic sociopath with a superiority complex and most anyone with any amount of smarts is going to find that kind of person abhorrent.

So… kinda like Starlight.

full
Background Pony #2DFA
So we have a guy who likes Celestia and Luna and perhaps Spike too much he dislikes their worfness or them being butts of a joke. A very prominent Starlight hater who hasn’t let go despite claims he did, a guy who hates Cozy Glow AND real life children that he thinks hurting them for no reason is okay and then there’s Dilweed who hates a joke character. Isn’t our world wonderful?
Charade
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Platinum Supporter - Platinum Supporter

@Ring Team  
Starlight had the benifit of being introduced with half the show yet to go.

The only real reason Cozy never got reformed is because she just so happened to be introduced last.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Charade  
I wouldn’t be surprised. xD

Not that you mentioned, the Starlight writters had a lot of time. Many episodes, 5 seasons, 4 years, from 2015 to 2019. But they haven’t done a lot with her. She appeared in 2 episodes out of 26 in season 5, she was barely introduced, we got many episodes that came out too late (The parent map should have been an episode from season 5, not 8) and, even though she wanted to redeem herself, she kept manipulating everypony, she kept swapping cutie marks, she kept saying she doesn’t want to be judged even though she’s her worst critic and she’s the last pony who should say that because of what happened in season 5, she manipulated Sunburst without his consent (and little reminder that he’s supposed to be her best friend)… And nobody, absolutely nobody, questioned her.

It’s not like Peridot in Steven Universe where they constantly questioned her loyalty to Yellow Diamond, especially in Message Received.

“Why do I keep sticking my neck out for you? You’re never gonna be on our side!”

“You offered her a lot of your trust.”
“I did! And it blew up in my face. You guys have been protecting Earth for thousands of years. She could’ve destroyed all of that. A whole Earth, why did I think I could change her mind?”
“Ugh, I know right? But I guess you can’t like go into peoples’ heads and change how they think. Maybe we can? Yeaaah, if we just shrink down really little-”
“No no no, I don’t want to tell her what to do. She should just know. Shouldn’t she?”

So… Yeah, pretty messy character.

About Cozy Glow, I still think she’s the most boring character in the show because of the lack of character. I won’t say that “the villains should be redeemed at the end of the show” because the villains did pretty bad stuff as well as Starlight, and I don’t think it would be the best solution.

I have a couple of ideas to make her at least interesting, even though it wouldn’t matter anyway:

-If Cozy Glow would end up being a villain, she shouldn’t be a kid. If she ended up being redeemed, she could be a little kid, like she is, but without bad intentions. She needed a better writer and better dialogue to make her believable.  
-Cozy Glow should have parents. The core idea of her controlling personality is because her parents are sometimes manipulative, and that bad influence affects Cozy Glow’s view of the world in a negative toxic way.  
-Cozy Glow uses a scepter to gain a huge amount of magic.  
-Her parents try to help her in the last second, they try to reason with her, they admit their flaws, but they want her to be safe and happy no matter what.  
-Cozy Glow takes a look at her hooves and her parents. This is not what she wants. She throws the scepter, but Twilight catch it. Cozy Glow comes back to her parents and Twilight puts the scepter safely in Canterlot.  
-All that would last in the season 8. She would get 6 episodes for her character arc to make her meaningful.

It’s very basic, but I think it could work.
Background Pony #7971
Somewhat playing devil’s advocate here:

I just read a Reddit post where the argument was that Cozy Glow showed similar traits to a sociopath. She had no empathy and cared only for her own personal gain, no matter the cost. Therefore, when looking at her crimes, it’s not a kid stealing from a candy store or accidentally pulling a fire alarm. She knew exactly what she was doing, and CHOSE to go down this path. And serious crimes like regicide or world domination need equally big punishments.  
(end of devil’s advocacy)

As to my personal thoughts, I have mixed feelings about where Cozy is concerned. On one hand, I do question the lack of any sort of back-story or redemption attempts. I don’t necessarily want some trite sob story, but at least a hint of what caused her to go this route. Also, how in blue blazes does a kid her age become pen-pals with one of Equestria’s most notorious villains? I doubt the EEA or the EBE have Tartarus on their “approved field trip locations” list.

On the other hand, I highly suspect that the writers (or some higher-up) were trying something “funny” or perhaps a homage to other baby-faced villains like Darla Dimple or Baby Doll.

There’s an author on Fimfiction I follow who is working on an interesting story called “16” that is about a group of ponies who each for their own reasons are emigrating to earth via a newly installed consulate/exchange program. One of the ponies had a little sister named Cozy Heart who interestingly enough had a chess-piece cutie mark.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide