Why does this website hate Cozy Glow so much?

Latecomer

Cozy was the first character I ever wrote fanfic about - the thread which drew me into the community - so I can’t deny a certain amount of interest in her. In fact, she might be one of my favourite FIM villains, even if she did suffer from some clumsy writing.
Sunlightsunshine
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Artist -

the weird pagan guy
I think the reason why she’s so much more hated, is because of the betrayal.
They took a season to build her up as a new member of the overall friend group, so when she betrays everyone the viewer feels betrayed too.
Background Pony #4B47
@Background Pony #2BB4
He even posted on this forum back in the day and hopes nobody remembers. Kinda sad.
@deactivatedfaafba
I hate Cozy Glow, and I never even knew that she’s the MLP villain with the most abuse tags on Derpibooru. I know that all she did was steal magic from Equestria, and you’re right about the other villains having nastier actions than her. Queen Chrysalis impersonated Cadence as a means to sneak into Canterlot, even uses her army to engulf an area (but she doesn’t have an army anymore, so that point is invalid), but her methods of impersonation to capture an area were very sinister. Lord Tirek did the same thing Cozy Glow did, but he sucked the living fuck out of ponies to steal magic, and even destroyed Twilight’s library and is just an all out destructive son of a bitch who is hungry for power. King Sombra however enslaved an empire and even traumatised me in the Season 9 Premiere with the ponies in Ponyville having green glowing eyes. However despite the other villains’ actions I don’t hate her more or less than I hate Tirek, Chrysalis and Sombra, I hate all those 4 equally. I don’t hate Starlight Glimmer and your point on her is invalid as she’s been reformed. But seeing as my hatred is equal on those other 4 I feel there should be more Tirek, Chrysalis and Sombra abuse pictures, that would make my day to equal it out with the amount of Cozy Glow abuse there is.
Background Pony #2BB4
@Background Pony #4B47
Even though I don’t agree with them at least he made better points on his old account rather than just shes bad and that’s bad.
@DB32 Digital Artist
Why does this website hate Cozy Glow so much?
Because she’s evil, end of discussion.
Still the art is pretty messed up.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Sunlightsunshine
I don’t think the hatred was because of the betrayal, I think it’s more like it was out of nowhere or something, at least that’s what I thought in season 8 finale. It didn’t feel satisfying or enjoyable. It felt… off.
Latecomer

I think there’s a difference between loving to hate Cozy (which makes her a good villain) and thinking she sucks as a character.
Smart Heart

I’ve recently heard from someone else that one of the crew members say the blame for the bad stuff in seasons 8 and 9 is on the bigwigs at Hasbro. The writers actually wanted to explore more character arcs and give some characters more depth. The problems were either A. They couldn’t find the right slots to put them in or B. Hasbro wouldn’t allow it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide