66.67% 8 votes
Do not Add "Pony"
33.33% 4 votes

Poll ended with 12 votes.

Dust Rock
United Equestria - For supporting the site
Nyx - For supporting the site
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Platinum Supporter - Platinum Supporter
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -

Demonic Blood
Hi, so I have looked over many images of anthro pictures and oddly enough while mof species such as; dragons, yaks, zebras, griffons, etc. can have their species tag, why not ponies?
Sure they can be marked as Earth Pony or Unicorn, however the pony tag would help filter out unwanted Images.
For example; I would have to “-so and so” on every species just to have pony anthro tags specifically.
If you think about it, then you’ll see it is rather inconvenient. Try it for yourself; try finding anthro pony only images. It’s more difficult than you think. With the abundance of species, you would have to take time to make a heavy filter to make it work otherwise.
Dust Rock
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Demonic Blood
I have put in my vote for “Add Pony” in case anyone was wondering, but if others disagree that I should be allowed to do that, then I hope an admin may assist. I simply wanted to establish my own input into the poll.
Background Pony #AB7F
Makes sense, but then we would need a tag that means “a regular pony”, so people who want to search for regular ponies do not have to exclude anthro, semi, anthro, eqg, humanized, whateverized, etc.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Just going to throw out the idea that “body type” might be a better drawer to slice all this data into.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Dust Rock
It sounds similar to what other sites do, where it seems to work well. Admittedly, I’m not worried about the character’s body type so it’s not something I really pay too much attention to, but for those for whom the body type is critical it seems to be useful.
@izzip
I am guessing it would be similar to FurBooru, where body type is a pretty important tag.
Dust Rock

Demonic Blood
@Ciaran
Well ultimately body type is important in this case. I showed you why without the pony tag that it just doesn’t work;
It either forces a normal pony with anthro ponies or puts a normal pony with another anthro species.
It simply doesn’t work well.
HOWEVER, I did just think of something while typing this; there could be tags such as “pony only” or “yak only” with the anthro tag and stuff like that. Just a thought, though.
Background Pony #AB7F
I think the real solution would be to split the mixed-meaning “pony” tag into two separate tags:
  • pony the species
    either “pony (species)” or just “pony”
  • pony the body type
    either “pony (body type)”, “not anthro”, “not anthro pony”, “quadrupedal”, “quadrupedal pony”, “feral” (I have learned that furries call quadrupeds this way), or even more granular “G4 pony (body type)”
After that, anthro ponies should be tagged “anthro, pony (species)”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide