"anti-pointiness safety device" is the same thing as "horn guard"

Background Pony #EE4E
Breaking this post out to its own thread due to current relevance.

anti-pointiness safety device has recently been created but it’s the same thing as the older, established, but less-used horn guard (except for a few images where “horn guard” is used to describe an armor feature)

I’d suggest an alias is in order, but which is the better tag name?
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Aliasing these is a good idea, and probably into “horn guard” due to its brevity, seniority, and acceptance among more users.

On a related note, we have a few related tags (and IMO we need another for Izzy specifically), that could probably have implications and better definitions set up. Namely,  
[Izzy hornball tag] -> hornball (ball on horn) -> horn guard (object stuck on horn tip) -> horn impalement (horn through something else) -> horn  
Does this seem reasonable?
Background Pony #EE4E
I feel mixed about implying “horn impalement” because, for example, a horn guard could be something shaped to be fitted on the horn with no piercing necessary (a few images show something akin to a cap or thimble) and even a ball could be prepared to go on a horn, like IRL people do by cutting a tennis ball for use as a chairleg skid.

So, I think a reasonable level of pedanticness would have “hornball” imply “horn impalement” but “horn guard” would not.

Is an “izzy hornball” tag really useful? Is it important enough to distinguish it from images where Izzy is present and a tennis ball is present and there is a ball on a horn but it might not be on Izzy’s?
Litrojia
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #EE4E  
That’s a good point about horn impalement.

As far as Izzy hornball goes, it’s not hard to search “izzy, hornball”, but given the volume of images that has, I think it would be useful for filtering and whatnot.
Litrojia
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #EE4E  
I noticed, and this is a good tag. A few minutes ago, I set it to imply “tennis ball” and “ball” (and made “tennis ball” imply “ball”), though I didn’t set Izzy as an implication for the reason you mentioned.
Background Pony #D2A2
From what I remember “horn guard” also used to refer to horn guard (armor) and at least few images were lost during the alias (should be tagged “horn guard (armor)” but aren’t. I’m trying to fix it. Should I remove the “horn guard” tag when tagging with “horn guard (armor)”?

If yes, the “horn guard” tag should also get a description mentioning it’s for anti-pointiness devices and that armor should be tagged “horn guard (armor)” instead.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide