Formally define "plump", "chubby", "pudgy" and all other fat-amount-related tags

Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Barhandar

As far as i understand, while i don’t know the exact difference between these three, they are supposed to be smaller than “fat”, which in turn is supposed to be smaller than “obese”.

As to the difference between these specific tags, i’ll leave for somebody else to say.
Background Pony #03D6
@Mildgyth  
Yeah I see these three used mostly to mean less fat then “traditional” fat or indeed obese, which goes into fetish territory. As to defy the differences, if it needed…  
If we go with oxford dictionary (thanks MechaSpike) it should go plump -> chubby -> pudgy -> fat -> obese -> morbidly obese.  
Tho I thinks as of now, “fat” tag is more of catch all term, that others imply.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Badge Dragon
I’m fine with ‘fat’ standing on it’s own, but I really wish the other tags like ‘chubby’ and ‘plump’ could be aliased, would make searching a whole lot easier.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Chubby, plump, and pudgy should probably be aliased into one tag. Those tags have some overlap with the curvy tag as well, though it can be hard to draw a line between having an hourglass figure and being chubby.

I disagree with having fat as a catch-all tag because, at least to me, there is a big difference between curves and rolls of fat.
Mad Black
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I think the chubby and plump tag need a clean up, because there are a lot of obese images in the results for those tags. But first, we would need some guideline and definition as when is chubby turning into obese, and such things.

An alias for chubby and plump would make sense in my opinion, since it is used for the same weight class and at the moment I really don’t see a difference. Thought, at some point there was one.  
And fat is really the umbrella term for the various kinds of overweight figures, so I don’t mind seeing chubby picures as well as morbibdly obese images under it. What I don’t want is obese pictures under the chubby or plump tag.

As for said guideline, a muffin top, chubby cheeks, wide hips, and even a small pot belly should be considered as chubby.  
A fat apron, multiple chins, rolls of fat, big belly should be considered obese.

Still, there is a certain line and I am not to sure where it is.  

Seems chubby to me. While  

is more on the fat to obese side. Even if they are in a similar weight class.
Lupin Quill
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Lightsaga's Senpai
Ah, well, I feel I’m somewhat responsible here, so I guess i’ll weigh in.  
When I first ahem “accelerated” the prevalence of the plump tag, my goal was to create an intermediary between curvy and chubby.  
Ironically, at the time I found chubby to be too vague and sought a tag that would encompass the lower end of that spectrum.  
I would mainly look for the smallest of bellies, the smallest of rolls and abnormal thickness.
Background Pony #AD15
Bumping because only chubby has a definition, presently. pudgy, plump, fat, and curvy all still exist (ie. aren’t aliased) and none have definitions. Of the first three, I still don’t know when to use each.
“curvy” seems like a different attribute, having to do with body shape and can apply independently of fat or weight.

Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide