Viewing last 25 versions of post by Litrojia in topic General Tag Discussion

Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

"[@Algebroot Neogears":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5036377#post_5036377
)  
I don't know. I removed it. They're pretty obviously two separate memes.

"

[
@Brainless-Mind":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5036407#post_5036407
)  
There isn't. Someone else asked about it recently though ("[@ViewingPones":](/forums/tagging/topics/species-listing?post_id=5020093#post_5020093), apologies for not getting back to that one) and there are a handful of images that would fit, so a tag might be a good idea. ViewingPones suggested "zebrakin", which I'm not sold on because it's a pretty rough portmanteau ("kirin" becomes "-kin") and it mostly makes me think of otherkin. Any ideas?

"

[
@FliegerFaustToP47":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5036471#post_5036471
"
)  
[
@Background Pony #52BA":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5036870#post_5036870
)  
All _*might_* be able to be aliased? Though the "how do they work" tags (which should definitely be aliased) might be more for especially blatant situations.

"

[
@Background Pony #6D10":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5036983#post_5036983
)  
Done

"

[
@saby":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5036994#post_5036994
)  
I added the last two as implications, though not "standing splits" because that looks like a different pose to me.

"

[
@Knight of the Raven":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5037012#post_5037012
)  
No problem! I love helping to tidy up tags whenever I have the chance (and free time isn't always a sure thing), though it's probably more accurate to say that I hate all the tag issues Derpi has and want them fixed :p

"Off shoulder" is an odd case. I've never heard of the phrase, so my first assumption was that it was meant for one bare shoulder but lost its meaning. However, apparently "off shoulder tops" are a thing, and a search for those shows outfits where either one or two shoulders are uncovered. Not sure whether "off shoulder" warrants an alias or a cleaning-up to narrow it down to one uncovered shoulder. And whaddaya know, [off "shoulder sweater":](/tags/off+shoulder+sweater) (which implies "off shoulder" and includes one and two shoulders uncovered), "[off the shoulder":](/tags/off+the+shoulder), and "[off-shoulder top":](/tags/off-dash-shoulder+top) are all tags that apparently exist. That may need cleaning up.

There's not really a clear point that tags become excessive. If I say here that a tag is excessive, it's mainly based on my impression of whether a tag is useful compared to all the other tags that exist on the site. Anyways, as a rule of thumb, a tag is probably fine to use if it's already has a lot of images. If you have to use a tag that doesn't exist yet or only has a few images, double check that a similar tag doesn't already exist and ask yourself (or the forums) if the tag is really necessary. All of those tags that you named seem fine to tag.
Reason: formatting
Edited by Litrojia