Viewing last 25 versions of post by saby in topic General Tag Discussion

saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
"[@Knight of the Raven":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5037012#post_5037012
)  
re: off shoulder

AFAIK it's either

a) when a part of clothing that's expected to be worn on the shoulder has slipped off the shoulder, or

b) when the bodice of a top featuring straps/sleeves has been designed to not cover the shoulders, and hence is worn "off shoulder" by default

re: overtagging

Here's my personal algorithm for anything that isn't explicitly required by site rules:

- Do people have strong opinions or preferences about not seeing it? (Like fetishes, RL politics, oc, 3d, slurs, duckposting, hyper anatomy, shipping dominos, picture for breezies, irl etc.) Always tag.

- Are there actual health reasons for filtering it? (Like seizure warning, eyestrain warning, and other accessibility tags.) Always tag.

- Is it a central focus or a main theme in the piece? Always tag.

- Is is visually apparent, i.e. within focus, not obscured by other elements, and not minuscule in proportion to the area of the main image?

---> If it's overwhelmingly omnipresent (like "eyes" or "tail", or related to a character's default state like RD having a rainbow mane)? Don't tag@`@`unless you can make a more meaningful distinction (like "bedroom eyes" or "tail seduce").

---> If it's not omnipresent, probably tag.

- Is it non-thematic (like a clothing item), visually present but hard to spot and/or impossible to recognise without prior or contextual info? Probably don't tag.

---> However if it's thematic (like whether a chaste hug is platonic or romantic), site policy seems to go with artist's intention.

In short, I recommend **not tagging** things that are:

- ultradefault for a creature or character UNLESS it's a main focus/theme/topic

-- so tagging "butt" on every picture with a bebutted character@`@`no, tagging "butt" on a picture that zooms in or otherwise emphasizes the butt@`@`definitely

-- I'd also like to say tagging "hat" on every picture with even a sliver of "Titanic Rarity"... probably don't

- obscure or barely in the picture.
Reason: m dashes make strikes too? am concern // edit 2 refine wording
Edited by saby
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
"@Knight of the Raven":/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5037012#post_5037012
AFAIK it's either
a) when a part of clothing that's expected to be worn on the shoulder has slipped off the shoulder, or
b) when the bodice of a top featuring straps/sleeves has been designed to not cover the shoulders, and hence is worn "off shoulder" by default

Here's my personal algorithm for anything that isn't explicitly required by site rules:
- Do people have strong opinions or preferences about not seeing it? (Like fetishes, RL politics, oc, 3d, slurs, duckposting, hyper anatomy, shipping dominos, picture for breezies, irl etc.) Always tag.
- Are there actual health reasons for filtering it? (Like seizure warning, eyestrain warning, and other accessibility tags.) Always tag.
- Is is visually apparent, i.e. within focus, not obscured by other elements, and not minuscule in proportion to the area of the main image?
---> If it's omnipresent (like "eyes" or "tail", or related to a character's default state like RD having a rainbow mane)? Don't tag--@—@unless you can make a more meaningful distinction (like "bedroom eyes" or "tail seduce").
- Is it non-thematic (like a clothing item), visually present but hard to spot and/or impossible to recognise without prior or contextual info? Probably don't tag.
---> However if it's thematic (like whether a chaste hug is platonic or romantic), site policy seems to go with artist's intention.

In short, I recommend *not tagging* things that are:
- default for a creature or character UNLESS it's a main focus/theme/topic
-- so tagging "butt" on every picture with a bebutted character@—@no, tagging "butt" on a picture that zooms in or otherwise emphasizes the butt@—@definitely
-- I'd also like to say tagging "hat" on every picture with even a sliver of "Titanic Rarity"... probably don't
Reason: m dashes make strikes too? am concern
Edited by saby
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
"@Knight of the Raven":/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5037012#post_5037012
AFAIK it's either

---> If it's omnipresent (like "eyes" or "tail", or related to a character's default state like RD having a rainbow mane)? Don't tag--unless you can make a more meaningful distinction (like "bedroom eyes" or "tail seduce").

-- so tagging "butt" on every picture with a bebutted character@—@no, tagging "butt" on a picture that zooms in or otherwise emphasizes the butt@@definitely
Edited by saby
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
AFAIK it's either

---> If it's omnipresent (like "eyes" or "tail", or related to a character's default state like RD having a rainbow mane)? Don't tag--unless you can make a more meaningful distinction (like "bedroom eyes" or "tail seduce").

-- so tagging "butt" on every picture with a bebutted character@@no, tagging "butt" on a picture that zooms in or otherwise emphasizes the butt—definitely
Edited by saby
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
AFAIK it's either

-- so tagging "butt" on every picture with a bebutted character--no, tagging "butt" on a picture that zooms in or otherwise emphasizes the butt--definitely
Reason: ok ok I'll put in proper m dashes
Edited by saby