Viewing last 25 versions of post by Roseluck in topic General Tag Discussion

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

"[@Litrojia":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5037045#post_5037045
"
)  
[
@saby":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5037060#post_5037060
"
)  
[
@Background Pony #7C7A":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5037116#post_5037116
"
)  
[
@LightningBolt":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5037180#post_5037180
)  
Thanks for the help everyone.

I'll comment on LightningBolt's point. As a show accurate 'kitbasher,' I agree that thorough tagging is extremely useful when it comes to art references. Most of the ones I use for my drawings and vectors are found thanks to tags (say, for example, "[grin":](/tags/grin), "[wink":](/tags/wink) and "[screencap":](/tags/screencap) combined can make me find "[this":](/images/2365843), even if Trixie's smirk ends up on, say, Rainbow instead in my final picture), while the rest comes from browsing the "[wiki's":](https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Magic_Wiki) galleries by character.

I thought for a moment that it'd be odd to tag "[horn":](/tags/horn) or "[wings":](/tags/wings) on pictures of unicorns, pegasi and alicorns. I mean, that's implied by their species, right? Unless you add something like "[broken horn":](/tags/broken+horn) or "[wingless":](/tags/wingless). So it 'should' only be there when the horn or the wings are the focus or an important point of the picture.

Izzy Moonbow on her own wouldn't warrant "[horn":](/tags/horn) but her tennis ball misadventures would, basically.

Then I remembered said art references, and that someone _*might_* want to find pictures of horns across different species. For a particularly grim hunter's trophies, perhaps? Or just to decide for themselves which design looks better for their OC. So you'd need to tag unicorns with "[horn":](/tags/horn), and the kirins too, and so on, so that they all show up under that tag when someone's browsing it.

I feel clothes may be a bit messier, seeing as that can imply _*a lot_* more tags on pictures... Like, 'all of sudden it warrants "[wall of tags":](/tags/wall+of+tags)' kind of a lot. And I'm still suspicious of "[magical geodes":](/tags/magical+geodes), considering how small yet ubiquitous they are... I kept mistaking Rainbow's for a wristwatch the whole time I watched _*Spring Breakdown_*, too. On both her casual and singing outfits.

But I guess they still should be tagged, if only for the sake of art references. "Oh, so _*that's_* where she keeps her geode on _*this_* outfit..."

Speaking of the "[cruise outfits":](/tags/cruise+outfit), would there be any point in differentiating between the "['casual outfits'":](/images/1999944) and "['party dresses?'":](/images/2000970) Considering there's a whole whopping 39 results compared to all the _*Spring Breakdown_*-based pictures at the moment of writing this, probably not...

But Rainbow's "[singing dress":](/images/2556736) seems to be _*very_* popular, however badly tagged it is—several uploads don't even have "[dress":](/tags/dress) for crying out loud—so I'm still curious about this...

Come to think of it, "[cruise outfit":](/tags/cruise+outfit) itself might need a description at some point. With G5 around the corner, there may be many people who won't be familiar with either _*Spring Breakdown_* or _*I'm on a Yacht_*.

**Edit:** I was browsing the site for uploads to tag cruise outfit (and more) on, and I stumbled upon [these](/images/2122677) [three](/images/2122676) [pictures](/images/2122675). Because they somehow ended up under my 'NOT edit' and 'NOT screencap' search.

Beyond adding the likes of [edit](/tags/edit) and [cropped](/tags/cropped), what I'm actually curious about is the line between artists and editors. Should these three be retagged [editor:princesslunadashmlp](/tags/editor-colon-princesslunadashmlp) or is [artist:princesslunadashmlp](/tags/artist-colon-princesslunadashmlp) actually correct here?

I'd tag myself as an editor if I did something like that, but I feel I should be more cautious about retagging someone else as such.
Reason: Additional inquiry
Edited by Roseluck