Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #52BA in topic General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
"[@LightningBolt":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5135988#post_5135988
[bq="LightningBolt"]
) " 

> [
@Background Pony #52BA":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5135871#post_5135871
)
>
I would like to go over the specific wing and horn styles I've added implications to and trim some down as I simply went after existing tags with more than like 5 results and no doubt some of them are redundant or improper.[/bq]
Ah, that answers something else I was wondering and yes, I was planning to follow up on a few of those too.

Should "[wing ears":](/tags/wing+ears) really imply "wings"? After all, the point kind of is to be symbolic and not actual implements of flight, or doesn't that matter? If not, "[winged shoes":](/tags/winged+shoes) ought to imply "wings" too.

Is "[wing spreading":](/tags/wing+spreading) distinct from "[spread wings":](/tags/spread+wings) or should it get aliased like all the others?

Am I right to interpret "[wings down":](/tags/wings+down) to be drooping or loosely-hanging wings, and not merely "[folded wings":](/tags/folded+wings)? eg. that these >>2660622 >>2653324 >>2700581 >>2606396 should **not** be tagged "wings down" and instead should be tagged "folded wings"? (Also, should basically every neutral picture of a pegasus get tagged "folded wings"? >_>)

"

[
tempest now has a true horn":](/tags/tempest+now+has+a+true+horn) should imply "[tempest gets her horn back":](/tags/tempest+gets+her+horn+back). On a related note, _*should_* "[tempest with sombra's horn":](/tags/tempest+with+sombra%2527s+horn) be tagged alongside "tempest gets her horn back"? It's...only kind of hers. ^~%evil laughter in the distance~%^

"

[
horn poke":](/tags/horn%2Bpoke) should also imply "[poking":](/tags/poking

"
)

[
compact horn":](/tags/compact%2Bhorn) seems to be _*almost_* exclusively used for Blackjack from Fallout Equestria, which I've not read. Is that a particular phrasing used in it? Otherwise, isn't it close enough to alias into "[small horn":](/tags/small+horn) (which is also used on many pictures of Blackjack)? And for that matter, what about "[short horn":](https://www.derpibooru.org/tags/short+horn)?

"

[
power break":](/tags/power+break) and "[power snap":](/tags/power+snap) are exclusively on the same images - which I noticed when looking at "[horn lightning":](/tags/horn+lightning), which itself is on those same images plus one more. "horn lightning" is either undertagged (eg. it's not on >>148497 >>148389 >>152431 >>480138 >>341696 >>1629600 >>2004771 >>2041931 >>2363646 >>2402669) or non-notable as just an element of the dark magic FX. "power break" and "power snap" don't seem like they're signifying anything of note, either...

"

[
@LightningBolt":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5135988#post_5135988
[bq="LightningBolt"]
) " 

> [
@Background Pony #52BA":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5135871#post_5135871
)
>
and I've wanted tag categories for genders and sexualities for ages now but we can't always have what we want.[/bq]
This is something that might be doable with browser extensions, especially in the post tag list if not the thumbnail tooltips...I'm looking into it.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #52BA