Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #52BA in topic General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
"@[==@Wax n' Wane==]":(/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5143883#post_5143883
)  
In certain internet spaces (primarily with animal photos), blep describes a tongue tip just barely past the lips and mlem is for licking.

On Derpibooru, "[blep":](/tags/blep) does not exist as a tag because it is aliased to "[:p":](/tags/-colon-p), meaning any time someone puts the tag "blep" on an image, it gets automatically replaced by ":p".

The description for "[mlem":](/tags/mlem) narrows it to "the sound of/Onomatopoeia for sticking one’s tongue out" and so my interpretation is that it should only be present on images with that word written on it, or webms with someone saying it in the audio.

>>1406357s

Almost nobody seems to be adhering to that...

"

[
@TexasUberAlles":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5143932#post_5143932
)  
Only "[blep":](/tags/blep) is aliased and it's aliased to "[:p":](/tags/-colon-p

"
)

[
@eqq_scremble":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5143852#post_5143852), "[@Deserter":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5143875#post_5143875), "[@eqq_scremble":](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5143895#post_5143895
)  
There's also "[positive ponies":](/tags/positive+ponies) which seems to have a lot of overlap with "[motivational":](/tags/motivational), though if it really matters, I'd say "positive ponies" would cover feel-good messages that don't necessarily have to do with any action, eg. "you're a good person" vs. "you can do it"

"Mouthpiece", as mentioned, is when an unrelated character (eg. one from the show, or a non-'sona OC) is expressing, or featured along with the promotion of, the author/artist's viewpoint or opinion. Often this will be about a relatively narrow IRL topic (eg. mental health, personal rights, etc.) In my opinion, whether the sentiment could plausibly be "in character" is unimportant compared to the notion that it's propaganda-esque.  
[edit] and there's no reason there can't be BOTH "motivational" and "mouthpiece" on a post.
No reason given
Edited by Background Pony #52BA