Viewing last 25 versions of post by Background Pony #52BA in topic General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
[@PUBLIQclopAccountant](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5177694#post_5177694)
They definitely shouldn't be implications, due to varying styles.

I don't know what to advise on whether they even _should_ be tagged. Sentiment here isn't in agreement whether "obvious" things should be tagged, eg. whether G5 movie screencaps should be tagged "3d", Fluttershy should be tagged "pink mane", pegasi should be tagged with "wings" (assuming they're in-frame), ordinary faces should be tagged with "eyes"...

(Very few tags have official guidance on when not to use them even if literally true: I'm aware of [cutie mark](/tags/cutie+mark) and [clothes](/tags/clothes))

[@Algebroot Neogears](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5177812#post_5177812)
Such is the life of a character with a real word for a name...
It doesn't even have a tag description...not that I'm optimistic if most people even checks those while tagging. But it should probably get them.

BTW, I happened to notice that [gingerbetes](/tags/gingerbetes) looks like it's being used for both [tag-a-long](/tags/tag-dash-a-dash-long) (a.k.a. "ginger snap") and [gingerbread](/tags/gingerbread). It only implies "cute" though so I guess that's fine.....?

[@Blissful690](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5177839#post_5177839)
I'd be amazed if anyone really has an answer. My best guess is just random happenstance of awareness.
Reason: Chrome spelling checker thinks "should't" is acceptable
Edited by Background Pony #52BA
Background Pony #52BA
[@PUBLIQclopAccountant](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5177694#post_5177694)
They definitely shouldn't be implications, due to varying styles.

I don't know what to advise on whether they even _should_ be tagged. Sentiment here isn't in agreement whether "obvious" things should be tagged, eg. whether G5 movie screencaps should be tagged "3d", Fluttershy should be tagged "pink mane", pegasi should be tagged with "wings" (assuming they're in-frame), ordinary faces should be tagged with "eyes"...

(Very few tags have official guidance on when not to use them even if literally true: I'm aware of [cutie mark](/tags/cutie+mark) and [clothes](/tags/clothes))

[@Algebroot Neogears](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5177812#post_5177812)
Such is the life of a character with a real word for a name...
It doesn't even have a tag description...not that I'm optimistic if most people even checks those while tagging. But it should probably get them.

BTW, I happened to notice that [gingerbetes](/tags/gingerbetes) looks like it's being used for both [tag-a-long](/tags/tag-dash-a-dash-long) (a.k.a. "ginger snap") and [gingerbread](/tags/gingerbread). It only implies "cute" though so I guess that's fine.....?

[@Blissful690](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5177839#post_5177839)
I'd be amazed if anyone really has an answer. My best guess is just random happenstance of awareness.
Reason: Chrome spelling checker thinks "should't" is acceptable
Edited by Background Pony #52BA