Viewing last 25 versions of post by UnderwoodART in topic General Tag Discussion

UnderwoodART
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Just Another Pink Pony
[@Background Pony \#7C7A](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5235686#post_5235686)
That's all fine and dandy, as long as the data exists. It doesn't help for original characters or locations without some kind of secondary repository for cataloguing characters, creators, and colour details. Not that it couldn't work in tandem with a manual tagging system, but it is far from a cure-all.

You also have to consider accessibility. 99% of people will have no idea what "Q172172" is, and if you start linking together all sorts of implications (like Twilight = Unicorn), then there will be a lot of instances where that assumption is incorrect. As an accessibility feature, tags need to be rendered down to the most likely search terms, or at least recommend adjacent ones, hence my request for searchbar suggestions.

**Unrelated question:**
Should `sunglasses` imply `glasses`? I'm stuck on how to tag [these coloured glasses](/images/2855164). I feel like coloured lenses are 'fashion glasses' rather than the implied shading of sunglasses, but the uploader already tagged them as the latter. Which one? Both? New `fashion glasses` tag?

PS. Is there a fast way to reverse search an image on here without starting an upload? e621 has that feature too, it's useful for casual moderation.
Reason: added unrelated question + PS
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Just Another Pink Pony
[@Background Pony \#7C7A](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5235686#post_5235686)
That's all fine and dandy, as long as the data exists. It doesn't help for original characters or locations without some kind of secondary repository for cataloguing characters, creators, and colour details. Not that it couldn't work in tandem with a manual tagging system, but it is far from a cure-all.

You also have to consider accessibility. 99% of people will have no idea what "Q172172" is, and if you start linking together all sorts of implications (like Twilight = Unicorn), then there will be a lot of instances where that assumption is incorrect. As an accessibility feature, tags need to be rendered down to the most likely search terms, or at least recommend adjacent ones, hence my request for searchbar suggestions.

Should `sunglasses` imply `glasses`? I'm stuck on how to tag [these coloured glasses](/images/2855164). I feel like coloured lenses are 'fashion glasses' rather than the implied shading of sunglasses, but the uploader already tagged them as the latter. Which one? Both? New `fashion glasses` tag?
Reason: added unrelated question
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Should `sunglasses` imply `glasses`? I'm stuck on how to tag [these coloured glasses](/images/2855164). I feel like coloured lenses are 'fashion glasses' rather than the implied shading of sunglasses, but the uploader already tagged them as the latter. Which one? Both? New tag?
Edited by UnderwoodART
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony

Should `sunglasses` imply `glasses`? I'm stuck on how to tag [these coloured glasses](/images/2855164). I feel like coloured lenses are 'fashion glasses' rather than the implied shading of sunglasses, but the uploader already tagged them as the latter. Which one? Both?
Edited by UnderwoodART