Viewing last 25 versions of post by NeutronStar in topic General Tag Discussion

NeutronStar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

[@Background Pony \#52BA](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5257361#post_5257361)

The difference is that in G5 the ears are 3D, and are a lot more expressive and with more freedom of movement. So they catch a lot more attention and are worthy of the special treatment. :)

And in the 3D G5 content animators really add a lot more of "unnecessary to the story" subtle movements for the ears, unlike it was in MLP FiM.

You should have seen how much people praised all those subtle movements in 3D G5 content (and often the ears specifically), on this site and others.

So, it's a tag for the action of moving ears in various adorable ways, so to speak, meant for **animated** scenes only. (The ears should be moved by a pony, and not just moved by inertia of one's head movement).

As for your question about **G4**... I suppose, if the ears in a gif/video are being moved by a pony in a very expressive way, it could be fine to tag those the same way (but I couldn't find anyting even close to what I tagged with the tag for G5 3D content even among the MLP Movie from 2017).

> Well, there already were floppy ears, ears back, one ear down, and ear twitch

Well, there already were `butt`, `plot`, etc. ;)

But we do have a tag `i watch it for the plot` for appropriate moments (like when the show's frame looked like it focuses too much on a pony's butt).

There are tags for "cold functionality" and there are tags for a more fun side of things (like all those "character + betes" tags, or some other long phrases I see being in use on the site still, like `we are going to hell` etc).
No reason given
Edited by NeutronStar
NeutronStar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

[@Background Pony \#52BA](/forums/tagging/topics/general-tag-discussion?post_id=5257361#post_5257361)

The difference is that in G5 the ears are 3D, and are a lot more expressive and with more freedom of movement. So they catch a lot more attention and are worthy of the special treatment. :)

And in the 3D G5 content animators really add a lot more of "unnecessary to the story" subtle movements for the ears, unlike it was in MLP FiM.

You should have seen how much people praised all those subtle movements in 3D G5 content (and often the ears specifically), on this site and others.

The pSo, int's oa tag for thise tagction of movisng ears in movarious adorablement ways, so to speargk, mettiangt ONLYfor **animated** scenes with various cute ear movemently. And t(The ears should be moved by a popny, and not just moved by inertia of one's head movement).

So, it's a tag for the action of moving ears in various adorable ways, so to speak.

As for your question about **G4**... I suppose, if the ears in a gif/video are being moved by a pony in a very expressive way, it could be fine to tag those the same way (but I couldn't find anyting even close to what I tagged with the tag for G5 3D content even among the MLP Movie from 2017).

But we do have a tag `i watch it for the plot` for appropriate moments (like when the show's frame looked like it focuses too much on a pony's butt).

There are tags for "cold functionality" and there are tags for a more fun side of things (like all those "character + betes" tags, or some other long phrases I see being in use on the site still, like `we are going to hell` etc).
No reason given
Edited by NeutronStar
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The difference is that in G5 the ears are 3D, and are a lot more expressive and with more freedom of movement. So they catch a lot more attention and are worthy of the special treatment. :) You should have seen how much people praised all those subtle movements in 3D G5 content (and often the ears specifically), on this site and others.

The point of this tag is ears in movement, targetting ONLY **animated** scenes with various cute ear movement. And the ears should be moved by a popny, not just move by inertia of one's head movement.

So, it's a tag for the action of moving ears in various adorable ways, so to speak.

As for your question about **G4**... I suppose, if the ears in a gif/video are being moved by a pony in a very expressive way, it could be fine to tag those the same way (but I becouldn't find anything even MLPclose mtov what I tagged with the tag fromr 2017G5 had3D scomntent sceven among thes lMLP Movike thatfrom 2017).

No reason given
Edited by NeutronStar
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The difference is that in G5 the ears are 3D, and are a lot more expressive and with more freedom of movement. So they catch a lot more attention and are worthy of the special treatment. :) You should have seen how much people praised all those subtle movements in 3D G5 content (and often the ears specifically), on this site and others.

The point of this tag is ears in movement, targetting ONLY **animated** scenes with various cute ear movement. And the ears should be moved by a popny, not just move by inertia of one's head movement.

As for your question about **G4**... I suppose, if the ears in a gif/video are being moved by a pony in a very expressive way, it could be fine to tag those the same way (I bet the MLP movie from 2017 had some scenes like that).

No reason given
Edited by NeutronStar
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

But we do have a tag "`i watch it for the plot"` for appropriate moments (like when the show's frame looked like it focuses too much on a pony's butt).

There are tags for "cold functionality" and there are tags for a more fun sizde of thigngs (like all those "character + betes" ntamegs, or some othere long phrases I see being in use on the site still, like `we are going to hell` etc).
No reason given
Edited by NeutronStar
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

But we do have a tag "i watch it for the plot" for appropriate moments (like when the show's frame looked like it focuses too much on a pony's butt).

There are tags for "cold functionality" and there are tags for a more fun size of thigns (like all those character+betes names, or some othere long phrases I see being in use on the site still).
No reason given
Edited by NeutronStar
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Well, there already were butt, plot, etc. ;)

But we do have a tag "i watch it for the plot" for appropriate moments (like when the show's frame looked like it focuses too much on a pony's butt).

There are tags for "cold functionality" and there are tags for a more fun size of thigns (like all those character+betes names, or some othere long phrases I see being in use on the site still).
No reason given
Edited by NeutronStar